Costco MGI Navigator AT Deal

1 hour ago, Phreddy said:

The MGI does not care much for sand.

Yup, this is a fact. It didn’t take long to figure this out. There are only a couple of places where I know I’m going to have to use the handle or else the wheels will spin. Someone needs to market a slip on rubber tread accessory (think snow chains) that would add some grip to the slippery hard plastic wheels.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

In the continue reading reviews. Anyone compare to the ewheels V2? I’ve got a clicgear push cart already

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

On 12/19/2020 at 5:16 PM, MaitriMike said:

Just got notification for this.. Been waiting forever for it.

https://us.mgigolf.com/products/cooler-storage-bag?variant=35372202492061

going to order this - I agree, I have been waiting for this 

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

4 hours ago, Cwing said:

In the continue reading reviews. Anyone compare to the ewheels V2? I’ve got a clicgear push cart already

I can't say much about Ewheels v2. but I did come from ewheels V1 with the Rovic (front turning wheels, forgot which model). And while it was fairly cheap to get the ewheels at the time due to kickstarter, I didnt like the fact it took up a lot of trunk space, (cart in one section, and the wheels in another). Also the ewheels needed a wheelie bar to help it from tipping over (rear heavy). Since i've had the MGI Navigator, much more convenient to move around / setup and well just saved space. If you have the ability to purchase, get the MGI.. you won't regret it. But if you don't, Ewheels is fine if you have the extra space, the wheels are fairly large as they dont fold up much.

Good luck!

Love mine, hit 275 miles so far yesterday. I need to figure out why it randomly stops sometimes. I will be walking behind it, it stops abruptly, and I get sucker punched in the gut by the handle. Anyone else have this problem?

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

17 minutes ago, KarstenK said:

Love mine, hit 275 miles so far yesterday. I need to figure out why it randomly stops sometimes. I will be walking behind it, it stops abruptly, and I get sucker punched in the gut by the handle. Anyone else have this problem?

That hasn't happened to me yet, but I have asked mine to make a 90* turn, and it pauses forward progress to turn...whack!  I walk right into it.

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

52 minutes ago, KarstenK said:

This week my cart stopped suddenly and the LCD screen was dark like there was no battery. It happened again when I was next to it and I noticed the screen had different characters on it, it flashed quickly so I didn’t get a good look but I removed and reattached the battery and it worked for the rest of the round. That is literally the only issue (other than me forgetting to extend the anti-tip wheel) I’ve had with the cart.

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I bought one too. Using the Costco deal. Talked my golf buddy into buying as well.  

As I was waiting for it’s arrival I broke my foot (no golf for me) so it’s sitting in the box.

My buddy got his and had 4 rounds in with it.  He had a heck of a time figuring it out.  

Then he drove it into a cart path curb between holes and snapped the front wheel assembly right off.  See pic.

He said the 5th wheel extension at the back makes it tough to tilt up high enough to go over a curb.

Anyone figure out best technique for getting up and over a curb?

Or do you just keep on cart paths between holes?

I told him I’ve read countless reviews online and people rave about the cart...so I feel like this is likely user error but thought I’d ask the question on his behalf.

B85D864E-7E24-427A-BE19-8B95F98F963F.jpeg

1 hour ago, dryl said:

I bought one too. Using the Costco deal. Talked my golf buddy into buying as well.  

As I was waiting for it’s arrival I broke my foot (no golf for me) so it’s sitting in the box.

My buddy got his and had 4 rounds in with it.  He had a heck of a time figuring it out.  

Then he drove it into a cart path curb between holes and snapped the front wheel assembly right off.  See pic.

He said the 5th wheel extension at the back makes it tough to tilt up high enough to go over a curb.

Anyone figure out best technique for getting up and over a curb?

Or do you just keep on cart paths between holes?

I told him I’ve read countless reviews online and people rave about the cart...so I feel like this is likely user error but thought I’d ask the question on his behalf.

B85D864E-7E24-427A-BE19-8B95F98F963F.jpeg

First - your buddy should contact MGI. Their customer service is great and they will probably take care of him. 

Next - sometimes when going over curbs you just need to be next to the cart and assist by holding the handle.  There aren't  any shocks on the cart and they rattle around when going over holes and bumps.

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I did actually. 
They said it was 199$ to replace the front wheel assembly.  Not covered under warranty as it was his fault.  I was a little shocked TBH.

He is going to return to Costco and try another brand.  That’s fine.  I just opened and started charging this am.  I see inside they have a 90 day warranty claim sheet for Costco.  

The cart looks pretty solid to me I’m just going to chalk it up to user error.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, KarstenK said:

Note I don't have an MGI, but many of these carts have an auto stop feature. It'll stop after a set distance of you don't use any controls for that set distance.  My older LectronicKaddy stopped after 150 yards if you didn't use any controls.  It was a safety feature.  Some have these features that you can set different distances before it stops.  Not sure if this applies to your cart, but you could check it.

Edited by 596

I'm sorry but the only way that would have broken is if your buddy was running it full speed and it went straight into the curb.   Around curbs and other more difficult objects, you simply use the remote to slow the cart down to its slowest speed and watch it "crawl" over the curb.   Or you can take over the cart manually for the 5 seconds necessary to get over an unusual raised surface. It's the same with climbing steep hills.  The other guy at my course who has the AT is always complaining about his "accidents" when it fact he does stupid things like trying to run it up a hill at full blast (do people not realize the bulk of the weight is in the top of your bag, so you're just asking for a flipped cart?) or he runs it at full speed into areas of the cart parth where even a standard motorized golf cart would have difficulty crossing without scraping the bottom of the cart.   

Edited by Ruleschamp
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, RSinSG said:

This week my cart stopped suddenly and the LCD screen was dark like there was no battery. It happened again when I was next to it and I noticed the screen had different characters on it, it flashed quickly so I didn’t get a good look but I removed and reattached the battery and it worked for the rest of the round. That is literally the only issue (other than me forgetting to extend the anti-tip wheel) I’ve had with the cart.

Yeah mine will do something similar every now and then. I just reset the battery and it becomes fine. I think my stopping issue is the remote losing contact with the unit. It's fully charged but just stops randomly and most often when it's only a few feet away. I guess I will have to contact MGI.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 7:16 AM, KarstenK said:

Yep, had this problem repeatedly.  And had a problem with the cart refusing to restart unless I disengaged and then re-engaged the battery.  Pain in the neck.  For reasons discussed below I didn't start a troubleshooting effort with MGI relative to this problem.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ruleschamp said:

I'm sorry but the only way that would have broken is if your buddy was running it full speed and it went straight into the curb.   Around curbs and other more difficult objects, you simply use the remote to slow the cart down to its slowest speed and watch it "crawl" over the curb.   Or you can take over the cart manually for the 5 seconds necessary to get over an unusual raised surface. It's the same with climbing steep hills.  The other guy at my course who has the AT is always complaining about his "accidents" when it fact he does stupid things like trying to run it up a hill at full blast (do people not realize the bulk of the weight is in the top of your bag, so you're just asking for a flipped cart?) or he runs it at full speed into areas of the cart parth where even a standard motorized golf cart would have difficulty crossing without scraping the bottom of the cart.   

I'm sorry, but you are just wrong.  I had both front wheels break after I tried to move the cart onto a tee box (at the next-to-lowest speed setting), where the tee box grass was about 1.5 inches above the surrounding ground.  My opinion is that the MGI is not as robust in construction as is required to navigate my home courses (PGA West).  Returned the cart to Costco for a full refund.  Cart was almost exactly 1 month old. 

I will say that, if one plays a relatively flat course or one with few discontinuities of terrain, this cart could be great.  It's very easy to control using the remote control, so long as the above random-stopping issue can be solved.  And it folds up easily into a fairly compact size.  Getting 36 holes on a charge was no problem for me, on courses where the distance from green to tee can be significant (when I walk my courses, I get between 17,000 and 20,000 steps, or about 8-9 miles).

My plan now is to get a good manual push cart and then try the Alphard eWheels v2.0.  Probably will get the CaddyTek 3-wheel cart through Costco for $150; seems like a great deal there.

Edited by MaxBuck

LOL.    PGA West is my home course from mid Feb to mid May every year.   It is nowhere close to the elevation changes on the courses I play from early June to late January.   I already have almost 100 rounds with the MGI and no problems.   Sorry, not buying what you're trying to sell.

Edited by Ruleschamp
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, Ruleschamp said:

LOL.    PGA West is my home course from mid Feb to mid May every year.   It is nowhere close to the elevation changes on the courses I play from early June to late January.   I already have almost 100 rounds with the MGI and no problems.   Sorry, not buying what you're trying to sell.

Sorry you don't buy the truth.  I'll refrain from political comments here. 😉

4 hours ago, MaxBuck said:

Sorry you don't buy the truth.  I'll refrain from political comments here. 😉

Not piling on but I think you may have just had a bad unit. I play a very hilly course. Not only that, there are ruts, curbs and rocks everywhere green to tee. My buddy and I have crashed, run into large rocks, cubs and other impediments and never had even the slightest problem. I have had multiple times where I have accidentally started my cart by having the remote in my pocket and its ended up in bunkers and even once at the edge of a lake on rocks and I just pull it out and off she goes again. I am not the least bit babying the cart. The front wheel attachment is all scarred up from crashes. The handle is eaten up on both side from crashes. So far so good with mine. I've owned 2 carts (Bat Caddy and MGI) and its as solid a machine as I have seen for golf. The eWheels, Bat Caddies and Cart Teks at my course have all failed multiple times vs my cart.

Edited by awtryau89
  • Like 1

The only complaint I have about my MGI ranks as silly/stupid, and yet it is annoying.  My normal stride or walking pace is between two speed settings.  I will be headed up the fairway and if I set it at one pace I'm always slowing down my pace or risk leaving it behind, if I set it one click higher I unconsciously find myself walking uncomfortably fast as if I need to keep up with it.  Which I clearly don't, but I seem to do it anyway.  The solution is to set it even faster and send it out to the ball.  Where that doesn't work is on a cart path or between holes.  Yesterday I saw a Motogolf Foresight electric caddy that looked pretty well built, although perhaps heavy, and had the "follow" feature in the remote.  If MGI were to offer that I would seriously consider and upgrade.

• Like 1

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

24 minutes ago, Phreddy said:

The only complaint I have about my MGI ranks as silly/stupid, and yet it is annoying.  My normal stride or walking pace is between two speed settings.  I will be headed up the fairway and if I set it at one pace I'm always slowing down my pace or risk leaving it behind, if I set it one click higher I unconsciously find myself walking uncomfortably fast as if I need to keep up with it.  Which I clearly don't, but I seem to do it anyway.  The solution is to set it even faster and send it out to the ball.  Where that doesn't work is on a cart path or between holes.  Yesterday I saw a Motogolf Foresight electric caddy that looked pretty well built, although perhaps heavy, and had the "follow" feature in the remote.  If MGI were to offer that I would seriously consider and upgrade.

Apparently my stride is similar to yours. You do know you don’t have to walk next to the cart right? 😉 I typically send it in front of me and stop it when it gets too far that I can’t see the ground conditions. I catch up and resend it. It actually took me a while to get comfortable doing it as I was treating it like a push cart. 

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Awtryau89, how long have you had your MGI AT? I just picked mine up and wondering if MGI changed the front wheel design and material pointing to MaxBuck’s experiences. I hope not but now I’m concerned. I think it’s a solid well designed cart, hence the reason I chose it, but if that front wheel breaks under normal use and MGI doesn’t cover it, I’m not going to be too happy.

3 hours ago, DCSerafin said:

Awtryau89, how long have you had your MGI AT? I just picked mine up and wondering if MGI changed the front wheel design and material pointing to MaxBuck’s experiences. I hope not but now I’m concerned. I think it’s a solid well designed cart, hence the reason I chose it, but if that front wheel breaks under normal use and MGI doesn’t cover it, I’m not going to be too happy.

Got mine in April of last year. With the extra rounds and Covid this year, I'm already at nearly 500 mile on mine. Crazy when I think about it. I have been keeping it lubed with WD40 and it is running like a champ.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, awtryau89 said:

Not piling on but I think you may have just had a bad unit. I play a very hilly course. Not only that, there are ruts, curbs and rocks everywhere green to tee. My buddy and I have crashed, run into large rocks, cubs and other impediments and never had even the slightest problem. I have had multiple times where I have accidentally started my cart by having the remote in my pocket and its ended up in bunkers and even once at the edge of a lake on rocks and I just pull it out and off she goes again. I am not the least bit babying the cart. The front wheel attachment is all scarred up from crashes. The handle is eaten up on both side from crashes. So far so good with mine. I've owned 2 carts (Bat Caddy and MGI) and its as solid a machine as I have seen for golf. The eWheels, Bat Caddies and Cart Teks at my course have all failed multiple times vs my cart.

It broke, ergo it was by definition a "bad unit."  But I don't think there's anything unique about the construction or materials on the one I bought that made it more susceptible to failure than any other one off the shelf.  I drove the cart onto a tee box where the turf was about 1 to 2 inches above the surrounding ground (Greg Norman course, so it's desert), and when the front wheels hit the turf, they broke.  You can see an example below of what these tee boxes look like. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fc7%2F4b%2Fd0725ae8cfd23f64a512036a4841%2Fla-2414000-me-1124-golf-water-012-ik-jpg-20141219

The material used for that part of the cart is a plastic, probably something like high-density polypropylene by its appearance.  That's a tough, strong material, but it didn't hold up to this specific impact.  And I'd caution anyone buying one of these carts to avoid running the front wheels into a low obstruction like a curb or raised turf. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, merkin500 said:

Was hoping to purchase, but is not listed on Costco website.  Did they discontinue?

They come and go during the year.

Callaway Paradym 15*

Titleist SM9 48*