Costco MGI Navigator AT Deal

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've only used it 3 times now. One of my playing partners has 2 Bat Caddys. He has the 3 and 4 and we play together every week. I have tried his 4 before. He and his wife use them to play together mos

I connected with Kaddymart as well, for a demo MGI Zip X3 unit.  I've been considering an electric buggy on and off for years.  I always walk, using my trusty clicgear.  I have no trouble pushing, whi

Got my MGI Zip Navigator AT about 1 month ago and it might just be my favourite golf purchase ever. I use to carry and love walking but got tired the last 4 or 5 holes. This is pretty much like hav

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Kball10 said:

Question - what is the difference between the Zip Navigator AT and the Zip Navigator?  Is the AT version exclusive to COSTCO?

The AT has a wider front wheel base and is more stable. I think it is a Costco thing. 

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

For those still looking for one, go to the Caddy Mart link I posted earlier in the thread. The owner Ron gets the Costco returns and sells them after a new battery and going through them. The one I got had less than one round on it and I saved several hundred. You don’t have the Costco return policy but the cart has the MGI warranty. 

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 2/7/2021 at 4:21 PM, Kball10 said:

I currently have a Click Gear push cart.  I am strongly considering the MGI.  I am assuming makes the walking a bit easier since you don’t have to push the cart.  I would also think it would make for a more enjoyable walking experience.  Any thoughts?

I noticed I had more energy towards the end of the round.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, RSinSG said:

The AT has a wider front wheel base and is more stable. I think it is a Costco thing. 

It is not a "costco" thing. AT, their "all-terrain", is simply their differentiator for wheels.

Zip Navigator has three wheels, Zip Navigator AT has four.

Do you need four wheels? Probably not. Just makes it heavier, and a little slower to turn, but is less likely to have a problem with, I dunno… crazy driving? 

410LST 8º, 2h 15.5º, 3h 20º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

5 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

It is not a "costco" thing. AT, their "all-terrain", is simply their differentiator for wheels.

Do you need four wheels? Probably not. Just makes it heavier, and a little slower to turn, but is less likely to have a problem with, I dunno… crazy driving? 

From what I have been told the Navigator AT is a model that is made exclusive for COSTCO at least in the USA.  It is just a means for them to offer something “different” and exclusive for COSTCO.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

The Navigator AT is only available new from Costco. The MGI site has demo or used ones models available at times, and Kaddymart has Costco returns but if you want new you’ll need to get it at Costco. The Navigator also has four wheels but the front two are close to each other. 

MGI used to make the Bagboy Quad which was is now the MGI Quad Navigator and it is very similar to the Zip but different.

https://www.motogolf.com/products/MGI-Quad-Navigator-Remote-Controlled-Electric-Cart.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnAk-xGR8h3luYsDB2ssvDmC6ROFRxYJNXlBYS7gbNLcOcQoaEs-qqxoCXaEQAvD_BwE

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

8 minutes ago, RSinSG said:

The Navigator AT is only available new from Costco. The MGI site has demo or used ones models available at times, and Kaddymart has Costco returns but if you want new you’ll need to get it at Costco. The Navigator also has four wheels but the front two are close to each other. 

MGI used to make the Bagboy Quad which was is now the MGI Quad Navigator and it is very similar to the Zip but different.

https://www.motogolf.com/products/MGI-Quad-Navigator-Remote-Controlled-Electric-Cart.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnAk-xGR8h3luYsDB2ssvDmC6ROFRxYJNXlBYS7gbNLcOcQoaEs-qqxoCXaEQAvD_BwE

Thanks

I did look at the Navigator Quad as it looks nice.  I had a chat with someone and they indicated the Navigator Zip is the latest and greatest from a tech perspective.  I may pull the trigger today.  Am considering the model from Foresight, but there are some bad stories out there and Foresight’s support can be iffy.  

6 hours ago, Kball10 said:

From what I have been told the Navigator AT is a model that is made exclusive for COSTCO at least in the USA.  It is just a means for them to offer something “different” and exclusive for COSTCO.

Right. I'm telling you that's not correct.

Costco may be the exclusive distributor in the US of 4-wheelers, but AT is the MGI designation for the 4-wheel design globally.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 08.52.44.png

Edited by karstens_ghost
Added screenshot

410LST 8º, 2h 15.5º, 3h 20º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

1 hour ago, karstens_ghost said:

Right. I'm telling you that's not correct.

Costco may be the exclusive distributor in the US of 4-wheelers, but AT is the MGI designation for the 4-wheel design globally.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 08.52.44.png

Your screenshot is from the .AU site “Motorized Buggies” vs “Electric Caddies” on the US site. The US site does not list the AT model. So, unless you live outside the US what Kball is saying is accurate for domestic buyers. If you want a new AT go to Costco.

2C4F87F1-82AE-4004-9C96-BA4051DA6BA1.png

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Has anyone bought the MGI cart bag?  I'm using a Sun Mountain 2.5 carry bag and it's an awful match for the Zip Navigator.  A golf shop locally has the MGI bag and apparently, it's designed where the base of the bag fits perfectly into the base on the Zip series cart, so no twisting in place, no moving.  I think it's about $220, has full length club dividers, lots of storage and a cooler compartment.

King Cobra F8 driver, 3w, 5w 
Callaway Rogue 21

Apex/Apex Pro 19 5-AW 
Callaway MD5 54/58
Odyssey O-works #7s

5 hours ago, hanfrac said:

Has anyone bought the MGI cart bag?  I'm using a Sun Mountain 2.5 carry bag and it's an awful match for the Zip Navigator.  A golf shop locally has the MGI bag and apparently, it's designed where the base of the bag fits perfectly into the base on the Zip series cart, so no twisting in place, no moving.  I think it's about $220, has full length club dividers, lots of storage and a cooler compartment.

No, but I highly encourage you to drop a Ping Pioneer. The foot fits perfectly. There may be others, but don't bother with an inferior bag. If you like it, great, but you have choices.

When you seat the Pioneer on the MGI, you'll notice the two corners of "feet" leave a middle gap. It's just the right size to sit properly. Try it at a store, or, if they don't have one at the store you're at, make sure any other bag has the "feet"/bottom gap just like that one, and you're sweet as.

Cheers.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, hanfrac said:

Another MGI owner posted a few pages back about a Clicgear Bag Cozy.  It solves the problem for $28 and works just fine with my SM 2.5.

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

56 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Also, never forget to deploy the back tip wheel. Flip and extend it every time.

I assigned one of my buddies to remind me to do this. A couple pages back I posted a photo of what can happen when you forget. 

• Haha 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 2/17/2021 at 10:43 PM, karstens_ghost said:

No, but I highly encourage you to drop a Ping Pioneer. The foot fits perfectly. There may be others, but don't bother with an inferior bag. If you like it, great, but you have choices.

When you seat the Pioneer on the MGI, you'll notice the two corners of "feet" leave a middle gap. It's just the right size to sit properly. Try it at a store, or, if they don't have one at the store you're at, make sure any other bag has the "feet"/bottom gap just like that one, and you're sweet as.

Cheers.

I have a 2020 Ping Pioneer bag and I completely agree here.  The bag fits perfect on my MGI Navigator.  Also, the Pioneer is the best cart bag on the market when it comes to functionality and storage.  I would not bother with an MGI bag.

• Thanks 1
Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star
On 2/17/2021 at 5:36 PM, hanfrac said:

I have the Zip AT and a SM 2.5.  I use a bungee cord to hold the legs in.  I strap it around the spine and hook the legs.  It may be a $5 test to avoid getting a new bag.  I don't get a ton of twisting that yo mention.

I have thought about a Ping Hoofer with the flat bottom, with some flexibility to walk or use a caddie without changing the bag.  For now, I will use the 2.5.

7 hours ago, tmoney47 said:

I have the Zip AT and a SM 2.5.  I use a bungee cord to hold the legs in.  I strap it around the spine and hook the legs.  It may be a $5 test to avoid getting a new bag.  I don't get a ton of twisting that yo mention.

I have thought about a Ping Hoofer with the flat bottom, with some flexibility to walk or use a caddie without changing the bag.  For now, I will use the 2.5.

I used have a SM 2.5 on this but upgraded to 3.5LS and used the clicgear bag cozy to help keep it in place. Give that a buy and you won't regret it. Take a look at page 4 or 5 and you can see.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:22 PM, RSinSG said:

For those still looking for one, go to the Caddy Mart link I posted earlier in the thread. The owner Ron gets the Costco returns and sells them after a new battery and going through them. The one I got had less than one round on it and I saved several hundred. You don’t have the Costco return policy but the cart has the MGI warranty. 

Looking at the site, it lists the Navi at $1595. Is that worth it? Isn't it $1,599 at Costco, and occasionally on sale for $1300?

6 hours ago, jdang307 said:

Looking at the site, it lists the Navi at $1595. Is that worth it? Isn't it $1,599 at Costco, and occasionally on sale for $1300?

Call Ron. He has several different prices of the AT depending on how many miles they have on them. I think they start at $1199. I paid $1299 and mine was almost brand new. 

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

4 hours ago, Mike7676 said:

I have the Navigator AT. Love it but find that it creeps when parked on slight inclines. Asked MGI and they said this is normal as it doesn’t have a brake. Does anyone else have this issue?

Its something they do. You just need to plan ahead and face it in the right direction or up against something. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

• 2 weeks later...

The demo Navigator AT I ordered from Kaddymart.com on thursday arrived at my door today.   $1225 shipped with all the accessories in the Costco bundle and a 1 year warranty. Of course winter returned to New York as well so I'm gonna have to wait a few days to take it on the course.  I ordinarily have second thoughts immediately after buying a luxury non essential thing like this but I don't have a lick of buyer's remorse here. This thing is gonna be amazing.