Costco MGI Navigator AT Deal

6 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

My buddy I play with has the Alphard. It depends on your priorities. I personally would not go that route. Much more hassle to set up and I do not have the room in the back of my SUV to house the thing. It takes up the whole back of his SUV and he puts his clubs in his back seat. We play a hilly course and he cannot use the tether feature. His crashes a good bit if he tries. He has to keep his hands on it a good bit more than I do. His gyro seems to work ok but not as well as mine. I'll try to get a picture of ours together in the future but his is just a bigger machine. He got in on the initial deal and he has around $700-800 in his with the push cart. Now that the deal is gone, if you have to buy a push cart, its only a few hundred more for a much more complete machine. I have played mine in rain and after rains with no issues. I do use the umbrella to keep the water from drenching it but Ive had no issues on that end at all. I spray mine down with a hose every couple of weeks being careful not to spray directly into the openings. A little WD 40, grease on the axels and a wipe down and its good as new. With Covid, I put over 400 miles on mine in the first year and it still running strong and the batter still lasts over 36 holes. 

Which model MGI do you have? The other issue is turning radius. Looks like the Alphard is pretty big even with the swivel front wheel kit 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Krt22 said:

Which model MGI do you have? The other issue is turning radius. Looks like the Alphard is pretty big even with the swivel front wheel kit 

Just call Ron at Kaddymart for the Costco MGI AT with all the bells and whistles. Mine had 20 miles on it. Looked brand new. $1225.00 delivered to Ft Worth.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Krt22 said:

Played with a guy yesterday that had V1 Alphard. He was riding and I was pushing (rain was coming and I did not want to chance it with the MGI).

He said the V2 was a lot better than his and the wheels to replace the stationary front one on a ClicGear was a must. So if you factor in I believe 900 for the Alphard V2 plus the wheels if you have a ClicGear, you are pretty close to same money for the MGI. Only advantage I see with Alphard is it is water resistant or proof.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone use a Vessel Players or Linksmaster on these things?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

So, it's been a little over a year with my Zip Navigator AT (from Costco).  I think it probably has about 20-25 rounds on it.  When it runs, it's awesome.  Like, best decision I have made with golf gear.  However earlier this season I have had issues with a fully charged battery conking out on me.  Initially it will run, then after I stop the cart, the battery gauge will blink and the cart will not start.  In many cases simply pulling the battery off the ports then re-connecting will get it to run.  But not all of the time and I have been left having to push this thing manually around the course before which sucks.  On one occasion, I couldn't get the wheels to move to the non-locked position and had to push it around with the wheels locked up.  That was awful and got to the point where I was holding the cart like a barbell curl to lift the rear wheels off the ground...for almost an entire 9 holes.  This past weekend we were out and it died on the range.  Fortunately I had enough time to get it back to the car but ended up having to walk and carry.  And when I plan on using the cart, I typically load it up with s*** to weigh it down, so it's a rough carry.  

Edit: I initiated an exchange on Costco's website but then called CS to ensure I could return the Zip Navigator to my local store, rather than ship that beast and they said yes.  So I did that this afternoon and a manager made sure my order was updated to show the in-person return and I am now just waiting on shipping confirmation of the new cart.

Edited by steveoly32
Updated thread

Titleist Tsi3 8* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

Callaway Epic Flash FW 17* PX HZRDUS Smoke
Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 19* Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL GW KBS $ Taper
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56*/10* DG Spinner
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60*/12* KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Byron Morgan DH89
Taylormade TP5x

On 5/14/2021 at 11:40 PM, cota0429 said:

Anyone use a Vessel Players or Linksmaster on these things?

I have a Linksmaster and a Ping Pioneer.  The Linksmaster is no good on the MGI.  The bag is too light so the front of the MGI jumps up when you click forward and the cart is unstable.

imo, you need a heavy loaded up cart bag for the MGI to perform its best from a stability, speed and balance standpoint. 

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

2 hours ago, portland said:

I have a Linksmaster and a Ping Pioneer.  The Linksmaster is no good on the MGI.  The bag is too light so the front of the MGI jumps up when you click forward and the cart is unstable.

imo, you need a heavy loaded up cart bag for the MGI to perform its best from a stability, speed and balance standpoint. 

I see.  Thanks for the heads up.  Probably just go with a Vessel since it’s bigger 

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

• 3 weeks later...

RED ALERT!  The deal is back on at Costco.  $1299 for the bundle, a savings of $300+.  The main advantage of buying this deal over the refurbished place is you get to test drive it and if you aren't satisfied, you can return it to Costco.  I fully expect that I will love it, but it makes it easier to spend this kind of money knowing you can get it back if you don't.

https://www.costco.com/mgi-zip-navigator-at%2C-all-terrain-electric-golf-cart-bundle.product.100504700.html

EDIT: Deal is good through 6/13.

Edited by mckennwa
  • Like 3

I just noticed that Costco now sells the cheaper Zip X2 and its on sale for $799. If you are choking on the AT's price this would probably be a good option.

https://www.costco.com/mgi-zip-navigator-at%2c-all-terrain-electric-golf-cart-bundle.product.100504700.html

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G425 Tensi Orange

Ping G30 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 6/7/2021 at 12:46 PM, mckennwa said:

RED ALERT!  The deal is back on at Costco.  $1299 for the bundle, a savings of $300+.  The main advantage of buying this deal over the refurbished place is you get to test drive it and if you aren't satisfied, you can return it to Costco.  I fully expect that I will love it, but it makes it easier to spend this kind of money knowing you can get it back if you don't.

https://www.costco.com/mgi-zip-navigator-at%2C-all-terrain-electric-golf-cart-bundle.product.100504700.html

EDIT: Deal is good through 6/13.

anyone who has been on the fence should jump at this.  I bet no one returns one after trying it.

• Like 1

Ten plus rounds with the AT and love it. the remote is very responsive and the gyro makes sure it goes in a straight line.  Cannot emphasize the tip about locking the remote when you put it in your pocket.  My cart has gone into a bunker, across  a green and hit a parked car in the parking lot.  Lucky for me, it has not found water yet!

Only drawback is the compartment on top of the cart is pretty useless, coming from a Clicgear, I'm use to more space.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, wrigley said:

Only drawback is the compartment on top of the cart is pretty useless, coming from a Clicgear, I'm use to more space.

I really haven't used much of the accessories that come with it outside of the cupholder.  For small items, including a rangefinder, I bought this clicgear rangefinder "pouch".  The attachments are the same so they work on a MGI Navigator as well.

https://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/category/select/pid/866/language/en?region=usa&gclid=CjwKCAjw_JuGBhBkEiwA1xmbRVgAyBT0ubI10AniccU_DB5aLOb5jaWXpmTCAjXZlZuoTJtzN9eIJxoCeo4QAvD_BwE

Edited by steveoly32
I apparently don't know how to quote

Titleist Tsi3 8* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

Callaway Epic Flash FW 17* PX HZRDUS Smoke
Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 19* Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL GW KBS $ Taper
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56*/10* DG Spinner
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60*/12* KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Byron Morgan DH89
Taylormade TP5x

I think the top compartment (at least on my AT) is for a mobile device holder.

I have done a couple things to improve the performance / stabilize the bag and cart:

1.) To stop the bag from shifting (SunMountain 4.5LS),  I build my own version of the Clicgear Cozy (because there are none available, at least in the US). It works like a charm and is not noticeable.

2.) To stabilize the cart,  I purchased a Seapearls scuba diving 5LB weight off of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00355GL5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I attach it using a couple velcro straps and my big sits right on top of it. It takes me 30 seconds to attach it.

Played about 20 rounds without both of these enhancement and and 10 rounds with it.

It has been a game changer for me.

3 hours ago, DCSerafin said:

I have done a couple things to improve the performance / stabilize the bag and cart:

1.) To stop the bag from shifting (SunMountain 4.5LS),  I build my own version of the Clicgear Cozy (because there are none available, at least in the US). It works like a charm and is not noticeable.

2.) To stabilize the cart,  I purchased a Seapearls scuba diving 5LB weight off of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00355GL5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I attach it using a couple velcro straps and my big sits right on top of it. It takes me 30 seconds to attach it.

Played about 20 rounds without both of these enhancement and and 10 rounds with it.

I had a SM 4.5 on my Clicgear, it was a terible fit, the bag always shifted to one side and made the cart go to the right.  Got a SM Sync for the MGI and it sits perfectly straight.  Going to give the weight a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 9:53 AM, RSinSG said:

The guys at MGI and Ron at Kaddymart took care of me and overnighted a new handle that I installed. Not too difficult as MGI has several “how-to” videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJde41UwZvc-u1h3LbPo7yw/videos

Looks like I will have to give Ron a call since I'm looking to get a MGI Zip Navigator. 

On 4/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, Krt22 said:

I’ll be honest-I was waiting on the Costco deal for the MGI and had a chance to grab the Alphard V2 at a great price. Already had my Rovio cart. I have never tried the MGI or any other remote cart, but I doubt they are any better than my Alphard. 

The Alphard sets up in under a minute. Battery time is rediculous (almost get 3 full rounds in on a single full charge.

The remote is simple to use and it has lots of power. This really surprised me.

40° hills on my course and I took the wheelie wheels of since it does not lift the fron wheels on the inclines.

the Alphard base is pretty heavy and provides a lower CG to be stable and powerful.

The MGI deal in Canada at Costco would easily run me $2k CND.

I have $1150 in my setup including the purchase price of my very new Rovio.

I do not want anything else.I made the right decision for my life style. 

Either way, a remote cart is the way to go. I never ride anymore and my body feels so much better through the round and after.

Rox

• Like 1

2021 in the Bag!

Tsi2 9°/Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.5<br  />Tsi2 15°/Aldiss Green 75X<br />Epic Flash 21° Hzrdus Black 6.5<br/>Mizuno CLK 19°/Speeder Stiff<br>Srixon Z785 5 iron/$Taper 125<br>Epon 303 6 iron/$-Taper 125<br/>ZX-7 7-PW/$-Taper 125<br/>51° Cobra King Tour MiM Gap Wedge/AMT Wedge Black>Callaway MD4 Forged 54°10/KBS Tour S and SM8 D Grind 60°8/KBS Tour S<br />Taylormade Spyder S Blue<br />Bridgestone R-XS
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backup:

Callaway Razr X forged 4-PW/DGX100

Srixon Z945 4-PW/Tour Elevate VSS X100

Scotty Cameron 5W Black 36”

15 hours ago, nupezb said:

Looks like I will have to give Ron a call since I'm looking to get a MGI Zip Navigator. 

He took care of me. I got a like new cart at a healthy discount and it has a warranty. Other than not having Costco’s great return policy there’s no reason to not get from him.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G425 Tensi Orange

Ping G30 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 6/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, DCSerafin said:

Can you share some pictures of your DIY mods DCSerafin? I have the 4.5LS as well and after just two rounds with my new Navigator AT I'm getting annoyed at how much my bag rotates. I can't find the Bag Cozy in stock anywhere,so I don't know if they stopped selling it or if COVID. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...