New Ping Karsten Putters

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121919"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121919[/url]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123942"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123942[/url]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118270"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118270[/url]

As others have mentioned, you will not be dissapointed with the Ping Karsten series. I picked one up about a month ago and have kept it in my bag ever since. I also own an Odyssey Black Series as well. The Karsten is an unbelievable value. Feels great in your hands, delivers a real, crisp hit on the ball, and is very easy to line up. Very easy on the eyes as well.

[quote name='specialtony' post='807303' date='Nov 29 2007, 07:27 PM']Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the new line of Ping Karsten putters. They look nice and are only about $90. I think i'll ask Santa for one if I hear good reviews. Thanks![/quote]

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Years back I putted with a Ping B60 and Anser nickel and loved them for quite some time, of coarse that was before the mega priced Bettinardis, Camerons and the like came along. I like many got sucked into spending a lot more money for all the trick setups these putters offered, then I got smart sold them all and went back to the B60 and a Anser nickel I still have, it has been great, never been happier.

So about 3 weeks ago I was in GG and saw the new Karstens and started putting with the B60, I know Ping has done something with it and whatever it is it is perfect. I didn`t buy it at that time, I went in a tried it 3 more times, I can actually say its better than the old B60. Its a wonderful putter and at $89 there is nothing on the market that comes within a mile of them. I have never cared for inserts and all this bologna about milled faces, they can keep. I think Ping has got a hit on its hands, all they have to do is get people to putt with these new putters...................Jim

[quote name='littlepingman' post='807305' date='Nov 29 2007, 08:29 PM']Best overall deal going in the putter market today. If its on your wishlist, at the price they are selling for, its definitely worth the investment. You will not be disappointed.[/quote]
"littlepingman" is spot on. Be sure to get one at a shop that has a Mitchell putter only machine. Get it fit to your lie angle and make sure they check the loft after setting the lie angle. You'll have a great putter at an great value for years to come.

I play the Karsten Piper....my early-use observations is that this is an outstanding putter.... I love the feel & the "click" sound of the ball releasing from the face.... it's very easy to align; for comparison with other mallet putters I found the Karsten Piper superior to the Odyssey White Hot xg Rossie in all of the above mentioned criteria ....

I also tested the Anser2 model but chose the Piper because it best fits my "eye" & putting style.... still I really liked the Anser2

btw...Lee Westwood recently won a Euro Tournament with the Ping Karsten Piper

Agreed - best value in putters around. Combined with the free customizability, you simply cannot beat these putters at $90. What people may not know is that these putters have heavier heads than the originals, which was my only complaint about the Ping putters I grew up using. Specs as follows:

Model RH/LH Wt. Adj.
--------------------------------
Anser both 340g ±4°
Anser 2 both 340g ±4°
B60 both 340g ±4°
C67 both 345g ±2°
Craz-E both 370g ±2°
Piper both 365g ±2°
Zing both 340g ±4°

Not only that, but Ping will hand-select heavier/lighter heads. One of my buddies just got a 350g Anser 2 at no extra cost (through a WRX dept custom order, though).

[quote name='madi05' date='Dec 2 2007, 02:59 PM' post='810107']
i got mine last week and love how it rolls in my home, i havent had the chance to take out on the course but i think it will be a gamer for sure, i agree i think they have improved the b60 and i didnt think they could, lol

Ihave the old B60 and the new one the new B60 is about 3/8" shorter and the leading blade is about twice as thick and its heavier and of coarse the rear pad. It does feel better than the old and just as accurate, great putter.............Jim

Ran into Golfdom 3 weeks ago and stumbled on the Karsten Piper. After sinking 8 out of 10 putts I asked what the price was then ran to the register. Took the Yes putter out and haven't looked back.

I'm amazed what Ping has put on the street over the last 90 days. And I'm anxious to see if the new I Putter Series will be any better.

[quote name='thevillagroup' post='810624' date='Dec 2 2007, 09:09 PM']Ran into Golfdom 3 weeks ago and stumbled on the Karsten Piper. After sinking 8 out of 10 putts I asked what the price was then ran to the register. Took the Yes putter out and haven't looked back.

I'm amazed what Ping has put on the street over the last 90 days. And I'm anxious to see if the new I Putter Series will be any better.[/quote]

I didn't like the I-Series (1/2 Craz-E) that I demo'd. The insert felt dead to me. Karsten had a much better feel. YMMV.