2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Stitch SL2 Golf Bag

You're a smart business man to use poor experiences as opportunity to create a customer for life. I also admire a company like FJ for stepping up to do the right thing. I have someone in my inbox mentioning the zipper issue and a few other people on the site mentioning similar problems along with storage complaints. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. I'm suddenly tempted to look at the new Titleist bags that are being discussed frequently in comparison. There are a few good write ups on this site about them.

• Like 1

I have not carried mine on the course yet, just pulled clubs in an out while in my home office. Definitely tighter than the Titleist it has replaced, and at times a little hard to get clubs to sit all the way back down. I'll have to live with it to see if it's a real issue. I have standard-sized NDMCs on 13 clubs, standard SC grip on my Futura 5W. I have D, 3W, 3H, and putter up top; 5, 6, 7 middle left, 8, 9, P middle right, and 4 wedges on the bottom.

I'd like to amend my complaints in regards to Stitch customer service and provide some color to my rating from last night in my review of the SL-2. I had someone contact me this morning to rectify my issue with the bag who I had spoken to back in January. He was under the impression that something was passed along to me which didn't make it to my inbox or voicemail. With that being said, he went even further than the company originally intended to make it right. It may be a case of squeaky wheel, but I'd like to assume that the last few months have been chaotic for everyone, and my issue was simply missed.

If you do have zipper issues with your bag, I recommend letting customer service know. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. I look forward to using the SL-2 all summer.

• Like 1

I bought the bag on eBay, and despite being brand new out of the wrapper, I knew I had an uphill battle getting a replacement bag. With that being said, I was able to get some steeply discounted gear and new SL2. Going to sell my old bag cheap to one of the young assistants at my club and give him a rain jacket I've never worn, or lose it to him playing a round...Ultimately, I'm probably out a few bucks after the sale or donation, but I was also to get a few nice pieces of clothing and stoke a kid out. I've gotten down to college playing weight in the last four months which means I need some wardrobe items anyway, so I was happy. The same customer service person reached out to me early on also followed up with me recently. He was fantastic to work with on both occasions and apologized profusely as he thought he had resolved the issue a few months ago, but his associate never passed along the discount code. They increased the discount from there because of the error. He called me from his cell, texted me to follow up and told me to keep his number in case of any future issues. When you pay premium prices, that is the customer service that should come along with it and they won me back for now. I liked the guy who worked there as well as he didn't seem like a customer service robot with a canned delivery.

With oversized, tacky, new grips, ingress and egress is good. I haven't had an issue and that is something I feel like I'd only complain about if I noticed, so having not, I'd say its solid. I've owned Sun Mountains, Ogio, TM and Vessel most recently. It carries better than my Vessel, is lighter and the clubs tangle less. I truly like the bag and I really hope the zipper issue is fixed as I know this is the third time they've cycled through them since development. I do believe it is the best looking bag on the market, so hopefully the performance issues are addressed. I'll follow up in a few months after some heavy use this Spring/Summer. Working from home and I'm finally allowed to carry my own bag at my club, so I'll put quite a few miles on it the next few months if all goes to plan!

• Like 1

It would be great to hear an update on the performance of the bag when you have had a little time with your new one. I am pleased to hear the Stitch people were responsive to your complaint in an effective manner. Good luck with the replacement!

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G410 19, 22, and 26 degree hybrids
G25 6 - UW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

You know you're getting old when my first thought was "wow, I really like that floor..."

• Like 1

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

@Herm33

ok, 4.9 lbs with the double strap, 4.5 no strap. Maybe stitch weighed it with helium? Still not a heavy bag.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Thanks @goheels11 much appreciated! Lines up closely with what the "other site" reported a couple days ago on their stand bag review/comparison. I posted a question to Stitch on their site about weight of SL1 and SL2 and all they said was "email the info@Stitch address." Uh...okay, isn't that who I emailed to begin with??

• 2 weeks later...

Just to echo, I bought a brand new in box SL2 off of Ebay and experienced the widespread zipper issues just like BGriff.

Stitch is currently refusing to honor their warranty or offer me...well...anything.

They did give me the helpful advice to try unzipping the bag all the way and zipping it back up to realign the zipper.

I finally got the bag on the course. Love it. Here are my notes:

I used the valuables pocket for my rangefinder - it needs to be 1" wider - it's hard to get in and out easily - never had this issue with my old Titleist bagBalls only in the "ball pocket" was fine, any more than that would get tightStandard water bottle fit fine in the pocket and was easy to get in and outEverything else went in the other pocket, and fit fine (put tees, extra ball markers, etc in a small ziplock) - A light jacket would be fine too. Much more than that and it's just not going to work.The bag is SMALL. This is not the bag for you if you want a ton of stuffCarries VERY light and was super comfortable. First 18 I have walked in a while (on a very hilly course) in abnormally warm weatherFeet are pretty stable, but you gotta be careful where you put the bag down so it doesn't tipI have a little leg droop that I'll have to fix by adjusting the bracketMy club pro was stoked to see the bag as I'm the only guy at my club with an SL2. That said, my club just got the Linkmaster Member's Bags from Titleist. They had a navy and green one in the pro shop. Here were my thoughts:

These are REALLY nice bags.They looked way sleeker in person than on the websiteThe pocket setup is better than the SL2 for sureThe Titleist felt heavier than the SL2, but that's just a gut feeling - I didn't have a scaleI like that I have a unique bag (I'm sure a TON of guys will be getting the Linkmaster) and when I started a search for a bag, I really wanted something different and whiteI don't think you can go wrong with either bag, but the Titleist will likely appeal to more people.

• Like 1

Thank you for your very helpful comments. I do have a couple of questions. Do you carry 14 clubs? If so, how easy was it to take out a club during play and what was it like to put it Many thanks! back in the bag? Did you experience much club tangle? Many thanks!

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I think the SL2 is one of the best looking bags out there, but I have had concerns about club tangle. And, I will very likely not have a chance to see the bag in person unless I purchase it. Your comments are very helpful.

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

• 6 months later...

Almost pulled the trigger on this bag but one guy I golf with has one.   He plays a lot and carries but for the price the bag seems to be having some issues.   The rubber feet on the legs have fallen off multiple times, the fabric of the dividers is really showing wear and some of the stitching ( no pun intended) where the strap connects to the bag was tearing.    He just got it earlier this year.

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 5:46 AM, shortgame85 said:

When the Stitch SL1 bag was released a few years ago, I thought it was a very attractive bag. I was looking for a slimmer bag and I thought this might be the one until I saw one in person. The size of the top opening and the fact that it had only one divider put me off. I thought it might be a breeding ground for club tangle, especially since I had a Fatso grip on my putter. Then along came the SL2, after I had purchased a new Ping Hoofer. The new opening had a 4 way divider and appeared more accommodating to a full set of 14 clubs. However, I have not seen one in person. I have also not seen a full review of the latest version of the SL2, which is now available on the Stitch website. Does anyone on our forum have the new version? If so, would you please post a review?

Loving my SL2. It’s a newer version. As clean as it can be. 

BD0BA534-58E3-49F3-911C-B898B47D1996.jpeg

Edited by swagee

I wish I had seen this thread before I bought my SL2. Overall I like it, but would give it a 3 of 5 rating. In fact, I did just that on Stitch’s site and they deleted my review. It’s a nice bag but a bit pricey considering some of the issues below. 

Anyway, it is a beauty, and is very light and made of high quality/stylish materials. It does what it says in terms of being a great carry bag. I love the way it looks and get compliments on it often. 

But, (a) the storage in this bag is really limited.  It has several pockets but the way they are designed it is impossible to “stuff” them.  This isn’t a deal breaker for me, because I guess it isn’t the worst thing to learn how to carry less stuff. Also, though (b) the zipper issue is a concern. I’ve had all of my zippers lock up here and there (or come untracked) within literally the first few uses. That said, I’ve been able to “retrack” them by playing with them somewhat. I was about to call them and exchange/return it, and may still, but if the zippers hold up I’ll be overall happy with it (though still pricey). 

Oh, and just to add about Stitch. I got a “VIP” email from them with a code to use for a free flask if I spend some $ on their site. So I try to go buy it and the code doesn’t work. I email Stitch about it, and they tell me to add the flask to my cart. Well, it’s shown as sold out (and has been for months). So basically I got an offer for a free product from them that wasn’t available in the first place. I emailed them back and they haven’t responded...

Just as an update, I carried my Stitch SL2 myself for the first time today.  It's a really good carry bag overall.  Just for context, I had spinal fusion surgery almost exactly a year ago.  I haven't really been able to carry a bag since then, though I did buy a Linksoul Sunday bag and carried it about a month ago.  That bag is VERY light and has ample storage, but no stand...and is frankly a bit ugly.

Anyway, the SL2 is definitely heavier than the Linksoul Sunday bag and has less storage, but is again super stylish.  And the straps on it are very comfortable, and it is designed well for picking up and moving around easily.  It sits nicely on my shoulders / back, and (knock on wood) thus far my back is holding up just fine after my 18 holes today with the SL2.  I have no issues with 14 clubs with midsize grips in it (plus alignment sticks).  I did have a hard time getting the water bottle in the water bottle pouch, but it wasn't terrible.

I'm still overall happy with the bag (though pricey etc).