Usps delays?

MaxRylie222

On 7/4/2020 at 9:05 AM, MaxRylie222 said:

I was the OP, I started this thread back when I shipped a set of irons 2 days priority USPS and got worried when irons were not delivered as it should, luckily my buyer was awesome, patience and understanding. Since then I’ve bought items and all were delivered on time and also recieved items faster than usual.

Well, so nice of to start a thread OP. I'm thankful for all your thoughts on USPS delays. But USPS is telling people their mail is being held 'at the request of the customer. ' It isn't true. The packages are delayed because of broad changes Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has implemented to the nation's mail delivery operations, including policies that slow down package delivery. For me everything right as an USPS Employee who asked to remain anonymous explained that the cause of the delays is the lack of preparation during the pandemic. The worker also explained that they have a new policy to make packages a priority before snail mail.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Buzzkill said:

Waiting for a 3 wood which was shipped on Monday from Kentucky, 6 business days later, no joy.   Requested priority mail service refund, anxious to hear their lip service reply, lol!

If it was shipped on Monday that is only 4 business days,Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, not 6. Priority mail is 2-3 days not guaranteed.therefore Priority mail does not have a refund Available . The only time you can get a Refund is if you ship priority mail express.

49 minutes ago, Snaphooker12 said:

If it was shipped on Monday that is only 4 business days,Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, not 6. Priority mail is 2-3 days not guaranteed.therefore Priority mail does not have a refund Available . The only time you can get a Refund is if you ship priority mail express.

🤥

Handicap:  3

They tell you it is all estimation. Unless you pay overnite delivery, then it will be guaranteed. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

On 11/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, grm24 said:

I recently shipped a package from Pittsburgh to Phoenix via Priority Mail. It took 19 days to be delivered.

8 days now BUT eBay let me submit a claim a few hours ago.  Feel sorry for seller, not their fault but I’ve got a low tolerance for incompetence and that’s how I’m viewing this situation!  Dealing with USPS is like pulling teeth, it sucks, they suck!

Edited by Buzzkill
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, Buzzkill said:

8 days now BUT eBay let me submit a claim a few hours ago.  Feel sorry for seller, not their fault but I’ve got a low tolerance for incompetence and that’s how I’m viewing this situation!  Dealing with USPS is like pulling teeth, it sucks, they suck!

Hope you get your package soon. I talked to my post office and they told me to open a search on the package. This was after the 10th day or so. About 4-5 days after the package was actually delivered I received a notice the package was delivered.

Interesting thing was that I ordered a shaft from an Ebay seller near Phoenix (Scottsdale) the day after I mailed my package. The shaft was delivered in 3 days. Go figure. 

Edited by Buzzkill

On 11/17/2020 at 8:53 PM, Buzzkill said:

Talked with seller tonight, he didn’t seem concerned about refund.  According to him, eBay was making refund not him, not sure about that.  Anyway, I’ll post outcome in 2 days!

11 business days, no joy with priority mail delivery.  Good news, I'll get eBay refund tomorrow.  Bad news for seller - I've spoken with USPS last 2 days and they said it appears no delivery address was provided.  I'll let seller know my findings after refund has been issued.

Edited by Buzzkill

1 hour ago, Buzzkill said:

11 business days, no joy with priority mail delivery.  Good news, I'll get eBay refund tomorrow.  Bad news for seller - I've spoken with USPS last 2 days and they said it appears no delivery address was provided.  I'll let seller know my findings after refund has been issued.

How can someone ship priority without inputting an address? You either input it online through your usps account, or straight through eBay, or you do it in person at the counter with a usps employee.  

1 minute ago, VNutz said:

How can someone ship priority without inputting an address? You either input it online through your usps account, or straight through eBay, or you do it in person at the counter with a usps employee.  

Agree!  Item was dropped off and paperwork done there according to my case worker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 7:46 AM, Buzzkill said:

Update 18 business days, no joy!  Of course, I already know club isn’t coming per USPS response.  Already received 2 priority mail packages after this transaction and neither was past 4 days from purchase.  Meanwhile, eBay pushed escalation date to 2 Dec, freaking losers but I’ll get some compensation for their actions, promise!

Finally refunded today, what a cluster! Now it’s time to beat up eBay for compensation for their lack of support, more to follow as I make headway there.

1 hour ago, Buzzkill said:

Finally refunded today, what a cluster! Now it’s time to beat up eBay for compensation for their lack of support, more to follow as I make headway there.

Why do you keep thinking you are entitled to something from Ebay?  These things happen all the time.  You are just one of many that has had a package lost.  Ebay is not responsible or entitled to give you anything other than your money back which they already did.  Stop ranting and move on.

Delays are normal around the holidays and going to be worse given the current situation of everything else. No reason to get all heated about it. Anyone buying or shipping things right now should expect this as it should fall under an “extenuating circumstance” situation. 

I have two packages sitting one stop before they get to me. They were supposed to be here yesterday. They’ll get here when they get here, I’m not going to die without golf clubs. I’m fortunate enough to be playing still and able to order new things for myself, that’s enough for me. It’s all about keeping things in perspective in light of what’s going on. 

28494E1C-C8F4-4781-8378-744860790C73.png

2517EB61-75C0-49E8-A299-2552D3471A3B.png

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

40 minutes ago, zip7111 said:

Why do you keep thinking you are entitled to something from Ebay?  These things happen all the time.  You are just one of many that has had a package lost.  Ebay is not responsible or entitled to give you anything other than your money back which they already did.  Stop ranting and move on.

Your entitled to your opinion and what’s acceptable or not by your standards, that’s cool!

Edited by Buzzkill

Historically I have defended the USPS and have used them for shipping clubs (mostly putters) over the last 15 years. But their performance is so bad right now I refuse to use their services any longer for clubs I sell (I'm switching to FedEx) and will hesitate to buy from someone using USPS.

I'm waiting on two packages right now sent Priority that have sat for days at a processing center. One of the shipments hasn't been updated in over a week and is obviously overdue. The other package sat in a processing center for days and then was sent to the wrong regional sort facility in my state. It has taken over a week to move a measly 120 miles to the correct regional center and I'm without any clue as to when it will be delivered. This club was supposed to be delivered November 18th and now, on December 2nd, I still don't have my club.

And I don't want to hear COVID-19 used as an excuse. FedEx and UPS face the same challenges and they are much better than the completely inept USPS.

2 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

Historically I have defended the USPS and have used them for shipping clubs (mostly putters) over the last 15 years. But their performance is so bad right now I refuse to use their services any longer for clubs I sell (I'm switching to FedEx) and will hesitate to buy from someone using USPS.

I'm waiting on two packages right now sent Priority that have sat for days at a processing center. One of the shipments hasn't been updated in over a week and is obviously overdue. The other package sat in a processing center for days and then was sent to the wrong regional sort facility in my state. It has taken over a week to move a measly 120 miles to the correct regional center and I'm without any clue as to when it will be delivered. This club was supposed to be delivered November 18th and now, on December 2nd, I still don't have my club.

And I don't want to hear COVID-19 used as an excuse. FedEx and UPS face the same challenges and they are much better than the completely inept USPS.

I agree the delays have been bad. I have been getting very similar delays with fedex missing delivery by about 1-3 days on average. 

one tip for usps is to submit a ticket online. Every time I do this the package magically starts moving again. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

2 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

I agree the delays have been bad. I have been getting very similar delays with fedex missing delivery by about 1-3 days on average. 

one tip for usps is to submit a ticket online. Every time I do this the package magically starts moving again. 

What does submitting a ticket online mean? I'll do it for the package that hasn't been updated in a week.

17 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Delays are normal around the holidays and going to be worse given the current situation of everything else. No reason to get all heated about it. Anyone buying or shipping things right now should expect this as it should fall under an “extenuating circumstance” situation. 

I have two packages sitting one stop before they get to me. They were supposed to be here yesterday. They’ll get here when they get here, I’m not going to die without golf clubs. I’m fortunate enough to be playing still and able to order new things for myself, that’s enough for me. It’s all about keeping things in perspective in light of what’s going on. 

28494E1C-C8F4-4781-8378-744860790C73.png

2517EB61-75C0-49E8-A299-2552D3471A3B.png

Same exact thing is happening to me right now. My irons are being shipped from Syracuse to Scranton. A 2 hour drive. I understand the delays from the holidays, but I'm over a week now for something that should've been done in 2 business days. 

I will say other than this, USPS has been good to me over the summer. No packages lost or delayed until this one and it's my cheapest option. 

52 minutes ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

What does submitting a ticket online mean? I'll do it for the package that hasn't been updated in a week.

Usps website and customer support then here below. 

A911E3F2-8C80-49A1-A9AB-4D5229B2169F.jpeg

• Like 1

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

I shipped a club to another WRXer.  PA to NJ which is a 5 hour drive.  Shipped on a Monday.  Was supposed to be delivered on Thursday.  Arrived the following Wednesday.  They are still having issues.  This was before Thanksgiving, so don't expect it to get any better.

Made a purchase from eBay on Wednesday Nov. 25, seller dropped off the package for delivery on Friday Nov. 27.  It made it from Oklahoma to South Carolina (delivery is to Wisconsin, lol) by the 29th. No updates since Monday the 30th.  I'm not in any huge rush, but would like to know at what point I should be submitting a ticket or starting to get worried. I've had several club deliveries (both sender and receiver) this year and this is the first one with any significant delay.  I'm not too worried as it's only been a week, but don't know if there is a point in which I'll lose recourse if I wait to long to act.

Screenshot_20201204-084317.png