2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Usps delays?

MaxRylie222

I've had probably 25-30 shipments this year with zero issues until this week. I shipped a head from Northern VA to Baltimore which on the way there was fine, arrived in less than a day. Perfect. Been four (business) days now on the return trip - no tracking and no movement. 

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

13 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I've had probably 25-30 shipments this year with zero issues until this week. I shipped a head from Northern VA to Baltimore which on the way there was fine, arrived in less than a day. Perfect. Been four (business) days now on the return trip - no tracking and no movement. 

I have the same issue as you going on now. Had one back in April that took over 5 weeks to get delivered but did finally show up. Waiting currently on two packages stuck late. Outside of my control unfortunately, just have to wait it out. 

Recently sold something on Offerup and dropped off at post office on monday. They have yet to scan it so I am potentially losing a sale if they don't get it moving. I hate usps. 

TM Qi10 LS 9.0 Tour AD BB-7x 
TM Qi10 Tour 14.0 Graphite Design Tour AD BB-8x 
Titleist TSR2 18.0 HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno 245 4-PW KB Tour C Taper 120 S
National Custom Works 48 Green KBS Tour High Rev 
National Custom Works 54 Green KBS Tour High Rev

National Custom Works 60 Green KBS Tour High Rev
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 sole stamp 

I'm exceptionally frustrated here as well.  I recently sold some items on the BST and shipped 3 items (driver shaft, jacket, iron shaft pulls) out on 12/2 and a 4th item (driving iron) on 12/3.  The first 3 items were all dropped off and paid for at the same time.  The shaft pulls have arrived at their location in Florida, the jacket is heading to North Carolina and is late, and the driver shaft shows it hasn't even been scanned in.  How the hell does that even happen!? The driving iron was being shipped 40 miles away and hasn't moved since the day it was scanned. 

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

I talked to USPS yesterday and it seems to be a site by site issue. I’ve had things arrive from different places on time and late. The package I inquired about is coming from New Hampshire. That particular site is running two weeks behind. My package was supposed to be here last Monday, December 1st. It should be here the beginning of next week. 

I’m not sure if they’re dealing with staff shortages or shut downs at local levels that they have to abide by. 

Edited by MPAndreassi

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

13 minutes ago, Bushwood Caddy said:

I've had issues with both of my USPS packages over the last several weeks.  I shipped a putter using priority from Louisville to Atlanta on 11/19.  It wasn't delivered until 12/4.  I also have an outstanding return to Sub 70 in Illinois that was shipped on 11/25 that has yet to move.

Yep, Left coast to right coast....11/21 >>> 12/7.  No tracking after acceptance until two weeks later.

Priority Mail.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Garbage right now. Have 2 purchases. Some wedges coming from Michigan to Atlanta. Guy shipped them last Monday 11/30. Scanned in same day. No movement until today. Just picked up at the Grand Rapids terminal. How does something sit for 8 days and not get picked up. Same thing on my other shipment. Its been sitting in Atlanta for 4 days now with no movement.

These delays have gone from bad to outrageous.

A putter was shipped to me from California (to the midwest) on November 24th via USPS Priority. It left the seller's post office that day and has not been updated since. Seller opened a ticket two days ago and still no update.  USPS has had the item for 15 days with not a single update. And this is for a package that was supposed to be delivered in 2 days. I can understand a delay of a few days but this is ridiculous.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, Krosch3 said:

I have the same issue as you going on now. Had one back in April that took over 5 weeks to get delivered but did finally show up. Waiting currently on two packages stuck late. Outside of my control unfortunately, just have to wait it out. 

My two packages just showed activity, one went straight to out for delivery today (well see if it arrives) and the other shows at my local distribution center. Both after a decent bit showing the no update arriving late but in transit 

7 minutes ago, Krosch3 said:

My two packages just showed activity, one went straight to out for delivery today (well see if it arrives) and the other shows at my local distribution center. Both after a decent bit showing the no update arriving late but in transit 

I’ve got 2 late packages as of this morning late.  Package from California (hasn’t left there or had no departure scan) was supposed to be here yesterday.  My Tuesday package from Florida arrived nearby yesterday but was misrouted, lol!  Postal service here in Colorado from the distribution site to local office has always been below average compared to numerous other states that I’ve lived in.

Handicap:  3

USPS Priority shipments are currently 15 business days  on average from eastern US including Florida to Phoenix, AZ.  UPS and FedEx are on a normal delivery schedule., approx 5 business days.

I no longer will purchase anything shipped USPS as it seems this schedule is the new normal

On 12/8/2020 at 6:58 AM, dcmidnight said:

Guess it depends on which state coming or going I guess.  Had 2 separate packages arrive promptly last week, meanwhile I have 2 packages delayed/late this week!

15 minutes ago, Buzzkill said:

Guess it depends on which state coming or going I guess.  Had 2 separate packages arrive promptly last week, meanwhile I have 2 packages delayed/late this week!

My delayed package is probably no more than 50 miles door to door. Been a week now and no update.

But I also had a UPS package from Amazon that was 6 days late - so just saying that one is better than another right now, I dont think thats the case. 

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

On 12/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, LeftyMatt24 said:

Usps website and customer support then here below. 

A911E3F2-8C80-49A1-A9AB-4D5229B2169F.jpeg

Shipped a putter out on the 11/24. It didn't move from 11/25 to 12/5. I did what others suggested and emailed them. Package started moving 12/6 and was delivered yesterday. Now hopefully ebay releases the funds. 

Ping G425 LST 9.5 AD-DI 6S
SIM TI 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Stealth 2 7 wood (more shafts need testing)
Srixon 585 4 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Srixon 745 5,6 Nippon Modus 3 120S

Srixon 785 7-PW Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50,54,60 S200
TM Spider X Chalk

I had a package sent to me from a customer for club work.  He lives 50 min away and it took 10 days to get to me sent USPS priority.  Ridiculous.  This is what happens when you politicize the USPS.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I am waiting on a video card that I bought from a buddy last Friday.  I basically went 80 miles in 3 business days.  And now hasn't been scanned in coming up on 3 days.

I filed a claim through USPS and they called me while I was at lunch.  All they told me was "your item is on it's way but we can't tell you when it will show up, we are having issues because of covid."

USPS.jpg.d1eaf9cdb01a95f029583dd689838e3b.jpg

5 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

I filed a claim through USPS and they called me while I was at lunch.  All they told me was "your item is on it's way but we can't tell you when it will show up, we are having issues because of covid."

I guess FedEx operates in a COVID-free zone because they aren't having nearly the same problems. LOL

I just sold an expensive putter on ebay (selling price over $1,000) and chose to ship using FedEx because I don't want to have an angry buyer due to USPS' ineptitude. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that FedEx 2-day shipping for a putter (3 pound box, 44x6x5) was only $15. That's very reasonable. I think I'm done using USPS for good.

As I said, I have a clubhead being shipped back to me from about 50 miles away - took less than a day going there, going on 8 days on the way back and no sign of it.

But if you think UPS and FedEx are a magic bullet - then you dont ship enough. And I say that only to mean, its not a magic bullet, I've had issues with all 3 this year. I've also shipped probably 100 packages this year though so eventually your number is up.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

I’m not sure what it is, but I have a shaft coming from AZ that hasn’t been scanned in 7 days (filed a claim this am) and there seems to be a new “high volume” disclaimer that showed up on it this morning. 

There is no magic bullet, but it’s kinda getting ridiculous at this point. 

681DE8FB-8673-418D-9F1C-D94C0BB29412.png

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

42 minutes ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

I guess FedEx operates in a COVID-free zone because they aren't having nearly the same problems. LOL

I just sold an expensive putter on ebay (selling price over $1,000) and chose to ship using FedEx because I don't want to have an angry buyer due to USPS' ineptitude. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that FedEx 2-day shipping for a putter (3 pound box, 44x6x5) was only $15. That's very reasonable. I think I'm done using USPS for good.

Right.  Everything I have bought that's been delivered UPS or FedEx lately hasn't had a single delay.

36 minutes ago, UncleJohn’sBand said:

I’m not sure what it is, but I have a shaft coming from AZ that hasn’t been scanned in 7 days (filed a claim this am) and there seems to be a new “high volume” disclaimer that showed up on it this morning. 

There is no magic bullet, but it’s kinda getting ridiculous at this point. 

I think they might be doing that by default now. I've got a FedEx package shipped yesterday that has that already.

I know here where I am, in Michigan, that they are overwhelmed in Detroit right now. My wife is a carrier for usps and there were upwards of 150 trailers full of packages either coming in or going out. The problem is policy if you have an exposure you are off 10 days and need a negative test to return and that center was hit really hard with Covid so it’s just been a rotating skeleton crew this whole time. I’m sure similar issues are happening across the country and now you have the added effect of Black Friday and cyber Monday really becoming cyber week with the restrictions around the country on in person retail. Not anyone’s fault in my opinion just the hand we are being dealt right now. Patience while difficult is really the only the we can have. 

• Like 1

My priority mail package has been setting in San Diego since acceptance for 5 days, ridiculous!  One eBay seller that’s based in California has suspended sales for remainder of year because of shipping issues there!

Edited by Buzzkill

Similar experience here...  bought items from people shipped via USPS, each two states away from me - both are over a week and a half now and still not tracking to be any closer to me.  During this time of year, seems that UPS and FedEx would be the way to go, though more expensive.  I have purchased a few items since then and had them shipped UPS - already arrived - 2-4 days shipping - even from the coasts to MN.

Oh well!  Can't golf anyway in MN!

I think USPS has an obligation to let people know that if they ship using priority, USPS literally has no idea when or if it will be delivered. Just saying they are experiencing delays is not sufficient. Most people think "delays" means a couple of days. I have a package that has been stagnant over 2 weeks and another has been stagnant for 8 days.

I urge anyone selling right now to use FedEx or UPS. They are not perfect but the USPS is broken right now. Completely unreliable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

I think USPS has an obligation to let people know that if they ship using priority, USPS literally has no idea when or if it will be delivered. Just saying they are experiencing delays is not sufficient. Most people think "delays" means a couple of days. I have a package that has been stagnant over 2 weeks and another has been stagnant for 8 days.

I urge anyone selling right now to use FedEx or UPS. They are not perfect but the USPS is broken right now. Completely unreliable.

Exactly!   Just shipped a club from CA to IL Fedex...two-day...and it arrived on time.  $14

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope