Went against my own best practices and sent a G410 driver from MD to CO.  Here's how it ended up in the buyer's hands.  I also didn't get extra insurance.  Kicking myself...

damage 1.jpg

damage 2.jpg

• Confused 2

G400 LST 8.5* / Atmos TS Blue                   

M6 15* / Atmos TS Red               

Super Hybrid 20*  / Tensei Orange
G400 5-W / KBS Tour 120  

MD5 50*, 56*, 60* (raw) / S200

White Hot V-Line Pro

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad it looks like it will work out for you.  I just had a shaft take 3 weeks from WI to VA with no scans after receipt, just the delivery scan.  USPS should stop taking packages if they cannot de

Just a small point of information... My order from TGW, made Monday AM, should have arrived via FedEx 2nd day, yesterday. It has still not left Wichita.   So it's not just USPS.

It's almost like the political appointee running the USPS doesn't want it to be better...   I have shipped with them for the better part of 30 years, and only since DeJoy took over has it be

Posted Images

1 hour ago, brew4eagle said:

I had a box of steel iron shafts show up like that yesterday from UPS.  Fortunately the shafts survived.

UPS is the absolute WORST.  I've had $700 worth of shafts broken by them in the last 2 months.  

@stimpmeterp this is exactly why I send everything FedEx now even though it's a few bucks more.  They've been the most reliable and responsible with packages.  

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

Love the 2-day Priority promise...complete with not showing up in tracking until the day it was delivered to the buyer. 

Screenshot_20210503-142431.png

King F9 10.5, Hzrdus Smoke Black 60g stiff

King SZ 3 Wood @ 16, Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70g stiff

King Utility Iron @ 20.5, Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X

Callaway Apex Pro 2019 Double Dot Tour Issue 4-PW, KBS Tour 120

Tommy Armour VCG 50/8, 56/12, 60/8, S200

Ping Craz-E

On 5/3/2021 at 8:53 AM, brew4eagle said:

First, start a lost item case with USPS, in my experience and from reading others', this gets the item moving.

That said, I would give it more than 2 weeks total.  I'd say 1 month is the point where I'd be willing to send a refund, then start a claim with USPS.

Still in limbo. Started a lost item case, was given a case #, it was closed a day later with no feedback. Insult to injury, I get a random PayPal message asking for underpaid postage(wrong package type) from USPS. I measured, 40x9x6, a SIK putter box and the weight was correct at 3lbs, sent a putter, I've shipped dozens of putters. Called back, was given another case number, no information yet. But the person on the phone was puzzled as well, no idea how they could hit me for a underpaid postage fee and not know where the package is at. I reached out to the local PO where the putter was going and the person told me they would not even look into it, just insane. So hopeful that USPS still does have it but puzzled how I was hit for underpaid postage with no other information on to where the putter is at, officially 2 weeks late with no update. Thankfully the buyer has been understanding. 

Guys USPS is a total joke, has been since late last year. I shipped a shaft late November that appeared lost late December early January. Filed a claim for lost package, 2 weeks later it showed up DAMAGED.  So naturally I tried to change from lost package to damaged…but since I filed lost package I had to wait for them to declare it lost or not lost…which took another 2 weeks after it was delivered.  So now it’s almost end of January and I’m able to file a damaged package claim (at this point I had already refunded buyer his $220).  Fast forward to early April, yes April and they deny my claim even though I sent preshipment pics, delivery pics, etc. Their claim was I couldn’t prove how much it was “worth”.  So now I’ve had to provide screen shots of my purchase of a full club (used here)/retail cost of said club (from manufacture), sale of the shaft (here)/cost of shaft at retail, and still waiting for the morons to hopefully give me my money back. And yes I always get the extra insurance and always take lots of pics on my end.  But here some 6+months since selling my driver shaft (Ventus Velo Blue)…I’m out my money and no shaft 🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 2

DriverCobra Radspeed XB (10.5) Season Opener / Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch PVD 60 (6.0) or PXG Gen4 0811x (10.5) / Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch PVD 60 (6.0)
Fairway:  Taylormade Sim Max Rocket (14) / Aldila Tour Blue 65 (stiff)

Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5) / Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (20.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  PXG O.G. 0211 (5 - Gw) / T.T. Elevate Tour (x-stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw (54/12) / Nippon Modus 125w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55 (Custom) or Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

1 hour ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Guys USPS is a total joke, has been since late last year. I shipped a shaft late November that appeared lost late December early January. Filed a claim for lost package, 2 weeks later it showed up DAMAGED.  So naturally I tried to change from lost package to damaged…but since I filed lost package I had to wait for them to declare it lost or not lost…which took another 2 weeks after it was delivered.  So now it’s almost end of January and I’m able to file a damaged package claim (at this point I had already refunded buyer his $220).  Fast forward to early April, yes April and they deny my claim even though I sent preshipment pics, delivery pics, etc. Their claim was I couldn’t prove how much it was “worth”.  So now I’ve had to provide screen shots of my purchase of a full club (used here)/retail cost of said club (from manufacture), sale of the shaft (here)/cost of shaft at retail, and still waiting for the morons to hopefully give me my money back. And yes I always get the extra insurance and always take lots of pics on my end.  But here some 6+months since selling my driver shaft (Ventus Velo Blue)…I’m out my money and no shaft 🤬🤬🤬

This is awful! I'll never use them to ship a golf item ever again. 

On 5/8/2021 at 5:43 PM, AzSuperHack76 said:

Insult to injury, I get a random PayPal message asking for underpaid postage(wrong package type) from USPS. I measured, 40x9x6, a SIK putter box and the weight was correct at 3lbs, sent a putter, I've shipped dozens of putters.

Your package was more than 1,728 cubic inches. You were charged a dimensional weight. Using your measurements your package was 2,160 cubic inches. 

https://www.stamps.com/usps/dimensional-weight/

1 hour ago, grm24 said:

Your package was more than 1,728 cubic inches. You were charged a dimensional weight. Using your measurements your package was 2,160 cubic inches. 

https://www.stamps.com/usps/dimensional-weight/

First time I've ever been hit with an additional postage charge, I've sent dozens and dozens of clubs with zero issues via priority mail. I select "my own package" option, I enter the dimensions and weight, nothing else. This experience has been awful. Lost package then they have the balls to hit me with an additional postage fee with no update on the status of package?? Come on USPS, be better. 

3 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Come on USPS, be better. 

It's almost like the political appointee running the USPS doesn't want it to be better...

I have shipped with them for the better part of 30 years, and only since DeJoy took over has it been anywhere near this level of shitshow.

• Like 2

Ping Craz-E

24 minutes ago, chavycha said:

It's almost like the political appointee running the USPS doesn't want it to be better...

I have shipped with them for the better part of 30 years, and only since DeJoy took over has it been anywhere near this level of shitshow.

There is a recurring rumor he was placed there to wreck things to make it ripe to be sold off to a private party. Not sure that could ever happen though. 

• Like 1

USPS is bad again. They were getting better but now as of late April I have 3 packages miss their delivery date by over a week+ each.

Epic Max LS + Diamana ZF / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 4H + Tensei CK Pro Blue / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

I sent a club via USPS Priority a couple Mondays ago. I was holding my breath, but it made it from PA to MA quickly and was delivered on Wednesday. So a true 2-day Priority delivery. Felt like a miracle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

Yep, there's absolutely no rhyme or reason.

My last couple of packages sent "2-day" or "3-day" Priority:

OR to CA: 9 days 
OR to WI: 14 days
VT to OR: 3 days

MI to OR: 2 days
OR to FL: 3 days
MA to OR: 22 days (!)

Ping Craz-E

Why would you even risk sending by USPS nowadays?  Rolling the dice big time.  I have accounts with all 3 so just as easy to print labels for UPS or FedEx and have them pick up at the house just like USPS.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon ZU85 23*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-P

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

Purchased a set of irons on ebay that was shipped  USPS Priority Mail on 5/3 and was supposed to be delivered 5/7 .  Seller was 7 Hours away if I drove. No tracking update after it left the original post office.  I contacted seller to let him know I hadn't received package. He was watching tracking also and opened a package research case which we haven't heard anything. I'm looking at the product information on usps and am hoping for his sake he purchased other insurance as it states only insurance up to $50. The irons were over $750 and he didn't include signature confirmaiton delivery either which is the ebay limit for requiring signature confirmation delivery.  I'm hoping it will show up in the next 4 or 5 days which will be 2 weeks in transit. If not, I'll file an item not received with ebay.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as I ordered some shafts from golfworks and they arrived in 3 days via USPS Priority Mail.

Titleist TSi2 11 GD Tour AD VR-5
Callaway Steelhead XR Strong 4, Heaven

PXG 0317X 22 Proto

PXG 0311 GEN2 SGI 5-G
Titleist Vokey SM7 52 & 56
Ping TR Nome

2 hours ago, happygolfer said:

Purchased a set of irons on ebay that was shipped  USPS Priority Mail on 5/3 and was supposed to be delivered 5/7 .  Seller was 7 Hours away if I drove. No tracking update after it left the original post office.  I contacted seller to let him know I hadn't received package. He was watching tracking also and opened a package research case which we haven't heard anything. I'm looking at the product information on usps and am hoping for his sake he purchased other insurance as it states only insurance up to $50. The irons were over $750 and he didn't include signature confirmaiton delivery either which is the ebay limit for requiring signature confirmation delivery.  I'm hoping it will show up in the next 4 or 5 days which will be 2 weeks in transit. If not, I'll file an item not received with ebay.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as I ordered some shafts from golfworks and they arrived in 3 days via USPS Priority Mail.

Are you sure GolfWorks shipped by USPS? I've ordered a lot from them lately and it's all been shipped via fedex.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon ZU85 23*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-P

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

Are you sure GolfWorks shipped by USPS? I've ordered a lot from them lately and it's all been shipped via fedex.

Yes. My order came in a large USPS Tube with a Priority Mail label. The only time I get a shipment from golfworks via fedex is when I ordered epoxy. Order summary said "NO USPS" because of the chemicals.

• Like 1

PXG 0317X 22 Proto

PXG 0311 GEN2 SGI 5-G
Ping TR Nome

I ordered a few new hats (for golf) on Sunday evening. They shipped via USPS on Monday and got delivered today. Total distance was about 600 miles.

I was fully expecting not to get them for at least a month, and was shocked they actually showed up in a reasonable amount of time. 

Definitely rolling a dice

Bought a shaft from Mikes Golf, shipped it USPS priority and it arrived in 3 day. Go figure

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Taylormade 2018 P790 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves One Plane swing

23 hours ago, ASN21 said:

I have shipped at least 5 or 6 items via USPS from eBay the last 2-3 weeks and every package was delivered early or on time. No problems here..

It's hit or miss all over the place. My outgoing packages are always on time, incoming is always delayed. So bizarre.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:22 AM, chavycha said:

Correct.  This has been going on for almost 8 months now so it's pretty clear DeJoy is sinking the ship.  

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

Update on my  package that was shipped May 3.  The package tracking got updated on May 16 that it arrived at the Nashville Hub and left the Nashville Hub all in 22 minutes.  No tracking updates from there. I told the seller I would be patient and that I hope it gets delivered by 5/21 as I'm headed back north and my mail forwarding starts then. 

I believe a "Item not received" has to be opened on ebay within 20 days of the estimated delivery date which is soon approaching.  

Seller has been in constant contact and stated he understands that I will file the item not received eventually. It's not like I don't have another set or two of irons 🙂 but I'll wait until I have to protect the possibility of getting my refund if they aren't delivered.

PXG 0317X 22 Proto

PXG 0311 GEN2 SGI 5-G
Ping TR Nome