Bridgestone 2020 Tour b x ball cracked!

Hello friends, after some indoor testing and seeing increased ball speed and good launch spin numbers for me, i picked up a few dozen Bridgestone tour b x. Hitting it only indoors with just driver and 7 irons, it cracked. Anyone experience this?

61MEEWYRC3ZN.jpeg

Titleist TS3 8.5 (B1) - Fujikura Atmos Patriot 7x

Titleist 915f 15* (A1) - Diamana LTD D+ 80x

Titleist 816 H1 17* (B1) - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818 H1 21* (B1) - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Srixon 785 4-9 (2* Flat) - DG x100; Srixon 765 PW (2* Flat) - DG x100

Vokey SM7 52* @ 50*, Vokey SM8 56* (DG Tour Issue S400)

TaylorMade High Toe 60* - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The two times a ball is stressed most is at impact and at deceleration. When you hit a ball out doors, the deceleration tends to be gradual. First by the time the ball hits something, it's usually tra

Some ? How many times did you hit it ?

I've had a couple of AVX crack on me but I hit them at least a couple of hundred times each in a store simulator before they finally cracked.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Taylormade XFT 64

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

Balls tend to crack at a much higher rate when hitting a screen. I've cracked everything from cheap Top Flites, Wilson, to Pro-Vs on screens. I wouldn't be worried about it.

I was hitting it into a net rather than a screen. I probably hit about 75 balls with it.

Titleist TS3 8.5 (B1) - Fujikura Atmos Patriot 7x

Titleist 915f 15* (A1) - Diamana LTD D+ 80x

Titleist 816 H1 17* (B1) - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818 H1 21* (B1) - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Srixon 785 4-9 (2* Flat) - DG x100; Srixon 765 PW (2* Flat) - DG x100

Vokey SM7 52* @ 50*, Vokey SM8 56* (DG Tour Issue S400)

TaylorMade High Toe 60* - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball

As mentioned above all balls crack eventually. I have cracked every ball I have ever hit for a long time into a screen, net or whatever. Some brands seem to crack faster then others but I don't have any hard data on that.

MUV9XUBTL6JD.jpg

• 1 month later...

The two times a ball is stressed most is at impact and at deceleration. When you hit a ball out doors, the deceleration tends to be gradual. First by the time the ball hits something, it's usually travelling the slowest it ever has through the flight due to friction. That gradual slow down over the entire flight makes the impact at the end less violent. Second, a ball is almost always impacting at an angle of 50* or less. So not all of the force of the ball is absorbed by the impact. There's usually a series of less violent impacts as the ball comes to rest. Finally, the ball deforms when you hit it with the club, rebounds back into shape, and then deform again as the net/screen stops it. This puts a huge amount of stress on the ball. When you hit the ball, the back end flattens into the front end, and when it stops the front end flattens into the back. The ball is also spinning at minimum 2000 RPM and you're stopping that spin almost instantly. That's a lot of opposing forces operating on the ball all at once.

• Like 1