MP 20 MMC..wow!

Played 9 holes today to try out my new irons. I got MMCs with $ taper 120.

Unbelievable feel and performance.

I've played MP30s, MP57s, MP 4s and JPX 900F..nothing feels like these. I'm not sure if it's just a great combo w the $ tapers, but for me the control, ease thru the turf, soft feel are perfection. It doesn't hurt that they look fantastic at address and in the bag.

Couldn't be more pleased w this set.

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chiming in here - current MP54 user here. MP20 MMC are longer, softer, and a ton more forgiving. I was blown away.   I'm buying a set, finalizing specs with my fitter this Fri.

4 handicap here. Feel like this is a perfectly timed question. I was just fit for new irons, ball striking is quite frankly the biggest strength of my game. I tested everything with my pro; P7MC, Call

Played 9 holes today to try out my new irons. I got MMCs with $ taper 120. Unbelievable feel and performance. I've played MP30s, MP57s, MP 4s and JPX 900F..nothing feels like these. I'm not sure if

Ive had mine since December and have yet to hit them on the course with the lockdowns!!! Saturday will be my first time out with them

Through sim time and the last 3 weeks hitting off my mat and net I agree they feel awesome!!. I bet they feel even better off grass

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx

PXG Proto 0341 3w 15*.... Tensei AV Raw Orange 75tx 

PXG Proto 0317 17* hybrid.... VA Nemesys 90x 

New Level PF-1 Black 4-P ... KBS C-taper lite 115x black

Vokey SM8 50* F, 54* D, 58* M... KBS Tour V 125 wedge

TM Spider FCG or 2021 Scotty Phantom x5.5

You can’t go wrong with the MMCs! They are great all arounders! I have played the 18s and now the 20s and really would struggle to tell the difference performance wise. Looks and feel is a hands down win for the 20s. I have mine all set at 4 deg gapping from the 22 deg 4 iron to a 46 deg wedge and it works out perfectly. I also have the $taper blacks in 130X. Smooth as silk! I will be wearing the groves out of these irons before they are sold.

Side note I also have a MP 20 HMB/MB combo set that is really darn sweet too with Nippon Modus 125X shafts. I could easily combo in the blades but I really don’t see any benefit to do that. I will just most likely let them sit in the closet for the occasional weeks that I feel I need a change.

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Titleist Pro-V1 High #s

I did the same thing with the lofts. I understand its about gapping and "lofts" are just a number, but it drives me nuts having 5 degrees between the 8 - 9 - PW. I went with 4 degrees between everything too

Also just picked up MP20 HMB 3i and 4i off eBay with GD Tour AD DI 105x shafts in both. Cant wait to try those

I got my set in January. Same setup.... $ Taper 120's. Coming from a set of 900 Forged with PX LZ 6.0's (lofts set 1 degree weak) I was looking for a bit more launch and spin. The 900 Forged were in my bag for the 3 years and that is a record by about 2 years ..... so needless to say, I loved them. Best set of irons I've ever owned. That said, when I first got them, it was miserable here in GA...... cold, wet, windy. I was really struggling at first with the distances. I expected to lose about a 1/2 club per iron, but this was substantially worse. My first action was to check lofts and lies and they were all over the place. This immediately helped so I encourage you to do the same as these things are SOFT! Very difficult to adjust in minor increments. Now that it's warmed up a bit, I'm really starting to see the payoff. I gained the launch and spin when I want it, but I haven't lost as much distance as I expected. For some irons, it's equal.

These things are great. I guess my only concern is the life span of these. I'm already seeing wear on the grooves, likely increased due to wet range balls and mats, but I don't get the feeling that these are going to last 3 years like my last set.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

Absolutely love mine with the Modus 120. As a poster suggested, great all rounders. I have the 5 iron HMB but could have easily played the MMC 5 iron as they launch beautifully. Very happy with my purchase. @JoeFrigo I would be very interested on your feedback on the HMB 3 iron with the ADDI 105x shaft. This is the hybrid shaft? My buddy has a 95x in his Fli Hi 2 iron and the ball flight is a thing of beauty.

G400 9*
917 F2 16.5*
G425 19*
4-P MMC MP 20
SM7 52F 56F 60D
Rossie White Hot

Should be here today!!!

And sry, I got my info wrong. The 3i has the 95x Utility DI shaft. The 4i has the 105x Hybrid DI shaft......... I currently have and love my p790 UDI with a Pro Orange 90x and its a monster. Im hoping the 3i gives me a higher flight with more spin. The UDI is incredible off the tee and I have no issues with it at all, but I think the 3i will be more useful overall

As long as it stays dry here I should get my round in on Saturday and report back!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only gotten 2 rounds with it so far but its been awesome...so much so that I sold the 790 UDI already! Used it for 3 tee shots and hit all 3 fairways. Completely different flight than the UDI w/ Tensei Pro Orange. Distance wasn't my deciding factor bc the UDI is definitely longer by 10 yards minimum, but I wanted versatility. Ive been able to use the 3i from the rough twice also into par 5's. Much easier to make solid contact with the HMB 3i form the rough vs the UDI

I mentioned I also got a 4i but have not brought that on the course yet

I did not.

I wanted to go PW-8 MB and the rest in MMC, but I found a great deal on my MMCs w the shaft I wanted.

I am having issues with the 4iron. I need to take them to someone to check the lie/lofts. I normally have no issues hitting a 4 iron, even a blade, but I consistently hit this heavy and even when I hit it solid the ball flight is super low. Something seems off.

I did a combo set. 4,5,6 in the HMB, 7,8,9 in the MMC pw in the MB and shafted them with DG tour issue 120 X100's. To put this in perspective, my 8i has been a 155-159 carry club for years. ive adjusted lofts a little bit to suit gapping, but I played a 174yd par 3 Saturday and hit 8i (no wind) to 12 feet. they're long, accurate, and have fantastic feel. I wouldn't change my set makeup for anything.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Black 60X Tipped 3/4"
TaylorMade SiM 3w 12.5* Kurokage DC 70TX Tipped 1"
TaylorMade SiM 5w 17* Diamana D+ 80TX Tipped 1"
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6, MMC 7-9, MB PW - DG TI 120 X100's
Mizuno T20 Raw 49* 54*,  TaylorMade MG2 TW-Grind 59*  DG TI S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Its finally starting to warm up here in NY. played Saturday in about 70* temps. The feel off the face is superb. They arent as "soft" as an MP20MB or MMC but id say they have better feel than an AP2 for sure. I strengthened the loft on my HMB's 1* and 2* on my MMC and MB. The HMB 5iron was flying as far as my old 716T-MB Titleist 4iron used to. They feel great, launch well, are long, forgiving and everything i was looking for in a middle and long iron setup.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Black 60X Tipped 3/4"
TaylorMade SiM 3w 12.5* Kurokage DC 70TX Tipped 1"
TaylorMade SiM 5w 17* Diamana D+ 80TX Tipped 1"
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6, MMC 7-9, MB PW - DG TI 120 X100's
Mizuno T20 Raw 49* 54*,  TaylorMade MG2 TW-Grind 59*  DG TI S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

The MMCs w $ tapers have been great for me.

The feel is amazing and I feel like I have control of my irons for the first time in a while.

My only grip is my 4i. I need to have the loft and lie checked. I usually have no issues with 4iron. I played MP30s and MP57s before and never had issues w hitting solid 4 irons. But this club seems to launch really low and I'm constantly hitting it fat.

The rest of the set has been fantastic.

I splurged on the MMCs this spring, 4-W, with the Project-X LZ 6.0 shafts.

I've only hit them on the range thus far but I'm very impressed and happy with them. Super soft yet responsive feel across the face. More forgiving than I had expected for me--especially with my typical miss low and on the heel. Trajectory is great and consistence across the whole set. Distance gaps appear close to where I want them--but I'll need to play them a few times to make sure.

Adams 9015d: 9.5*, Prolaunch Red X, 45"
Titleist 915Fd: 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 110 X, 42.5", Set to 16*
Titliest 816 H1: 19*, Speeder Tour 8.8 X, 40.5", Set to 20*
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P; Project X 6.0; Std Lofts and Lies
Cleveland 588: 51*, 55*, 59*, DG S-400
Ping Anser 3: 35" with Winn Midsize Pistol grip
Winn Excel Wrap midsize grips

• 3 weeks later...