Move to new irons from Callaway X14 pro series

Been playing these for a long time and cannot seem to find a similar feeling and performing Iron to switch to. Currently at hcp 2, and have had sorter spells with 710 ap2, apex and apex pro but still we t back to the x14 pros.

Anyone that went from x14 pros to something similar and did not regret it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could always look at a set of used Xr Steelhead Pros. They were a black head designed to resemble the X14 Pro's. I had a set. they felt pretty good and performed well. I can't compare them to the X14's as far as those aspects but I know they were designed to mimic the look of them. They weren't expensive either.

Mavrik Sub Zero 9* - HZRDUS Hulk 60x
Mavrik Sub Zero 13.5* - Rogue White 130 70x
Apex 19 2h- Project X Evenflow Black 6.5
Apex Black 19 - 4-6 - DG AMT White  X100
Apex Pro Black 19 - 7-PW - DG AMT White X100
Jaws MD5 Tour Grey- 50, 54, 60- DG Onyx TI S400
Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Red w/ Stability Tour Shaft
Taylor Made TP5 PIX

X14 Pros are no joke. Definitely one of the best all time. My only beef was with some odd hot spots here and there when the ball would go an extra 10-15 yards. Honestly, I could see gaming those still today. If you're comfortable, don't change.....

Ping G400 LST w/ Veylix Roughneck
Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Bimatrx Proto
Callaway Rogue 4 AD-DI
PRGR 020i 3 Ozik Altus 
Cobra King Forged Tec 4-G Modus Tour 105
Chikara 55/60 Ozik Program 130
The Never Ending Putter Hall of Shame

My cousin played those forever and wanted to change, but didn't really see anything better. He eventually got Cobra AMP Forged irons. Could look at those or their successors (which are virtually identical), the Fly-Z+ Forged and King Tour Forged. Awesome irons

Just my opinion.

There are several iron sets, fairway woods, hybrids, from 10 or more years ago that haven’t been surpassed by literally anything since. TaylorMade R9’s are better in all regards to anything TM is currently making with the possible exception on the P790’s. The X14 pro’s are in a similar boat. The newer ones, the Apex particularly, may go a bit further, but that’s about it. The X14 Pro was and is superb, and no new technology has changed that.

Maybe some new grips?

Those X14 Pros are iconic. One if the best looking and best performing sets if any era. You’d be hard pressed to find anything significantly better, even if you tried every iron in the SS or GG. Good luck on your quest.