APPLY NOW: Sub70 639 Iron Testing! Muscle, Cavity Back, or Combo! Your Choice!

City, State? Savannah, GAHandicap? 1.2Current gamer irons? Titleist AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Sub70 have a very clean aggressive look. Have followed Sub70 for a while and like the mission. Would love to test some clubs and make a move to a more affordable option and support a small shop. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Handicap: +1.3

Current irons : Titleist 714 CB/MB split. 4-6/7-P

Heard a lot of great things, like to see how they would compare with Titleist, very intrigued by the price tag on the irons. Have played other iron sets like Fourteen and Miura and would love to see how these hold up against the higher priced irons.

Would like to test the CB/MB combo.

I would participate in future testing and provide all info needed moving forward.

City, Sate? LaGrange, OHHandicap? 12Current gamer irons? Srixon z355Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I think they look great and I’m thinking about getting some when I next change my irons.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Waukee, IowaHandicap? 12Current gamer irons? 716 AP1Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I think they are very good looking irons with a classic look and want to check out the forged aspect as well.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Olive Branch MSHandicap? 4Current gamer irons? TM 2014 MC TPWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I am very interested in direct to consumer and if it can be as good as the big names.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

2017 M2 460 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60tx
M2 16.5 Tensei CK Blue 70x
Adams A2TS 19 Matrix Altus X
Adams Super LS Idea VST 22 Altus X
TM TP MC 4-PW KBS Tour V's 120
TM xFT 52 KBS Hi Rev
TVD-K 58 Black Ion KBS Wedge Black Pearl

City, Sate? Savannah, GAHandicap? 1.2Current gamer irons? Titleist AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I think the irons have a very clean and aggressive look and would love to see the comfort standing over them. Also believe that irons Are becoming vastly overrated and want to support more local outfits that make quality golf equipment. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Savannah, GAHandicap? 1.2Current gamer irons? Titleist AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I think the irons have a very clean and aggressive look and would love to see the comfort standing over them. Also believe that irons Are becoming vastly overrated and want to support more local outfits that make quality golf equipment. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Keytesville, MOHandicap? 12Current gamer irons? Sub 70 699Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I want to compare with 699 irons I currently game.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Springfield, IllinoisHandicap? 25Current gamer irons? Nike Slingshot Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Would like to see how forged iron would play than my current irons, and see how technology has changed.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?CB Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes with full review and video of demo of my swing and practice as well

City, Sate? Shawnee KansasHandicap? +2.3Current gamer irons? Taylormade. P 790 Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Have a wedge. Would Love to try the irons. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? 100%. YES

City, State? Frankfort Ky. Handicap? 5.1Current gamer irons? Ping I-blade, backup set Scratch AR-1Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I always want to test equipment from all kinds of companies. I feel I can give a fair review to clubs produced by both the big OEM's and small companies like Scratch,(National Custom). What set do you want to test. I would like to test a combo set, especially If I could pick where the cutoff was, If not, I wouldn't mind a full set of MB's. Do you agree to Participate in an ongoing testing thread, Posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Brimley, MIHandicap? 2Current gamer irons? Cobra King Forged MBWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I like the look of the irons... Very sharp.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

Cobra F9 7.5* w/ Atmos TS Black 6X
Cobra F9 Tour 3w 14.5* w/ Atmos TS Black 7X
TaylorMade Gapr Hi 18.5* & 23.5* w/ Modus 120X
Cobra King Forged Black MB (5-G) w/ Modus 120X
Cobra King Black wedges: 54* & 60* w/ Modus 120X
Yes! Ryo Design putter

City, State? Rancho Cucamonga, CAHandicap? 1.5Current gamer irons? Bridgestone J15 MBWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’ve always thought that Sub 70 makes some of the best looking irons out there. I’ve read a lot of good reviews about them and would love to try them out for myself. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely.

City, Sate? Rohnert Park, CaHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? P790 4-AW with Recoil F4’sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? The irons look crazy good and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to try a set like this! I’m interested in the feel and performance from a Non-major company. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo for sure I still play my 96’ burner tour/oversize combo set all the time!Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree

The Big Dog ~ TS3|Diamana BF 60 X
The 3 Banger ~ Big Tour|Speeder Evo II 757 X
The Brid ~ 818H 19*|Tour AD 95

The Metal ~ T200 4-W
The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
Flatstick ~ SS Flowback 5.5 1/500

City, Sate? Frisco, TXHandicap? 5.8Current gamer irons? Titleist T200Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Been wanting to try the sub70’s for a while, unfortunately found the brand soon after getting my current set. Would like to compare and rate against my gamers.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Frisco, TXHandicap? 5.8Current gamer irons? Titleist T200Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Been wanting to try the sub70’s for a while, unfortunately found the brand soon after getting my current set. Would like to compare and rate against my gamers.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Denver, COHandicap? 11Current gamer irons? PXG 0211Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’d love to play irons from a boutique brand that are dead sexy.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, actively.

City, Sate?--Fredericksburg, VAHandicap?--3.3Current gamer irons?--Ping iBladeWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons?--I have forged irons in the house, but they are substantially old, newer tech would make a difference, would love to test them vs my old forged ironsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?--ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?--of course, was part of the Gear Trials in 2016, nothing but mad respect for this crew

Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1

City, State? Los Angeles CaliforniaHandicap? 2.4Current gamer irons? Mp-62Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have been followed by sub70 for a bit and have been intrigued by the design and business model. I have looking for a replacement to my trusty mizunos but doesn't break the bank mWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MbDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Ewa Beach, HawaiiHandicap? 4.5Current gamer irons? Ping i500, DG X100 TIWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Very curious to see how they stack up against the big guys. The look of these types of clubs are very appealing, unique and sets them apart from other products. Would be a great test against the MP18s I’m testing out. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo set. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely, it would be great to provide some real world feedback. Courses are open here and we are making up for lost time from the shutdowns. I’m sure a few of my golf buddies would chime in as well haha! A couple glamour shots with the ocean in the background would be sweet!

City, Sate- Pleasantville IowaHandicap 7Current gamer irons - Honma 737vWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons - I am an iron junkie, these look amazing.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? yes

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
JPX921F 6-G LZ Blackout 
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

City, Sate? Charlotte, NCHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? Ping i210Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Looking to go to a forged iron vs cast. I came from Mizuno's and loved them but wanted a little more forgiveness. I got the forgiveness but lost some feel. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CB or Combo. I do not have the game to go full MB. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely Yes!

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

City, Sate? Hamilton Square, NJ

Handicap? 3.9

Current gamer irons? Mizuno 919 Tours

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? It would be great to see if a direct to consumer brand could really compete with somebody like Mizuno

What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would want to test a combo set - 4 to 6 in the CB and 7-PW in the MB

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely! Photography is my other hobby so I will product top notch photos as well as post extremely thorough and frequent thoughts. Courses are open in my state, and I also have a hitting net with a launch monitor, so getting information to share with the community would not be an issue!

PING G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D

Putter ?????

Bridgestone Tour B X

City, Sate? Carmel, IndianaHandicap? 10.6Current gamer irons? Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? My gamers are getting long in the tooth and I've been considering a switch. I love forged players irons and the Sub70 irons have me seriously intriguedWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

I hope all of these people that apparently signed up in the last two days actually plan to stick around and participate. I'm skeptical, but whatever...

City, Sate? Charleston, SCHandicap? 8-10Current gamer irons? Callaway Apex Pro 4-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Looking to get back into that blade/more player profileWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo with the 4-6 CB and 7-PW MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? of course!

Forever Changing at this point.......

City, Sate? Somerville, MAHandicap? 6.1Current gamer irons? JPX 919 Tour 3-PWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I think the irons offer a very traditional look compared to what is on the market currently. I think I would like to see how they compare to my current games as a lower cost but still high quality iron set.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would like to test the combo set as I feel they would align well with my current set.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course! I have access to a high quality camera that can be brought on course for testing and photos!

City, Sate? Cypress, TXHandicap? 4.6Current gamer irons? AP2’sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Love the look of the 639 MB and always love to support the “little guy”What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? For sure!!