2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Sub70 639 Iron Testing! Muscle, Cavity Back, or Combo! Your Choice!

City, Sate? Grosse Pointe, MIHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? 16' Apex Pro 4-PW w/ project x 6.0Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I LOVE how pure the irons look! Its time to upgrade the Apex Pro so perfect time to test these out!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CB or Combo CB/MB (4-6 CB - 7-PW MB)Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree 100%

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City, Sate? Sheboygan. WIHandicap? 12Current gamer irons? Srixon 765sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They look great and I'm always looking for the perfect ironsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

City, Sate? Norman, OKHandicap? 5.5Current gamer irons? PXG 0311T with DG x100Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I am always curious to try out a new type of company.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Vienna VAHandicap? 15Current gamer irons? Taylormade P790 or Srixon Z745Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I love the feel of high quality forged irons. I have seen Sub70 earn awards and high marks and I am very interested in the brand.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes of course

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

City, Sate? Reno, NVHandicap? 5Current gamer irons? Cobra King forged BC ironsWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Very curious to try a DTC brandWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB's or maybe a combo of some kindDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Green Bay, WI3.0Callaway '19 Apex ProI'm intrigued by their direct to consumer business model, and the clubs look good! After a recent experiment with some vintage blades I've also been interested in giving a set of MB a try.MBYes, absolutely.

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

City, Sate? Farmingville, NYHandicap? 11.2Current gamer irons? Taylormade P760/790 ComboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Reputation, style/lookWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo SetDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes!

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 10.5º
Fairways: Taylormade Original One 13.5º & SIM2 21º 
Irons: Taylormade P770 4-6 & P7MC 7-PW
Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind 3 50º, 54º, 60º & Hi Toe 64º
Putter: Taylormade MySpider X Black - 34 inches

City, Sate? Fairfield, CaliforniaHandicap? 17.2Current gamer irons? Titleist 714 AP2 4-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I'm a gear head that likes trying out new things, especially forged cavity back ironsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? West Melbourne, FLHandicap? 3.4Current gamer irons? Srixon Z-TX IIWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I'm currently in the market for new irons, been playing these ZTX-IIs for over 5 years now. I've played CBs, blades, combos for years (Last combo set was Cleveland 588 CB/MB,) and these Sub70 irons look interesting. I love a soft feeling iron as I tend to pick the ball just a touch thin and softer forgings have always been my preference. I have plenty of options for play here in Florida and am always playing with other WRXers who will for sure be trying the clubs too if I am selected.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CB or ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Always! I'm "Modus Mark" for my love of Nippon shafts, but I don't have a preferred iron head yet. I'll offer my brand ambassador (fan boy) services as always with plenty of online posting, answering questions, engaging other WRX'ers. I get several PMs a day on questions for Nippon and gladly have answered them for 6 years + now. I'm committed to supporting good quality products and have always had a knack for communicating "feel" through eloquent written words on screen.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

City, State? Ankeny, IAHandicap? +.8Current gamer irons? Taylormade PSi Tour 4-PW, C-Taper KBS Shafts.Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’ve been following Sub70 on Twitter for 6-8 months and have loved the look of the irons and the customer service the company offers. Looking to get new irons in the near future. What set do you want to test (MB,CB,Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, State? Ankeny, IAHandicap? +.8Current gamer irons? Taylormade PSi Tour 4-PW, C-Taper KBS Shafts.Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’ve been following Sub70 on Twitter for 6-8 months and have loved the look of the irons and the customer service the company offers. Looking to get new irons in the near future. What set do you want to test (MB,CB,Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Temecula, CAHandicap? 10Current gamer irons? Wilson Staff FG Tour V4Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've had my eye on this company for a while. These irons look fantastic and the the reviews What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Convoy, OhioHandicap? 7.6Current gamer irons? Cobra Forged CB's Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have heard a lot of great things about the company and these irons both look incredible! What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would love to test the Combo set (4-7 CB's, 8-PW MB's).Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

City, Sate? Bentonville, ARHandicap? 13Current gamer irons? Taylormade P790Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I'm a WRXer, i'm always hoeing out on gear. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB unless the CB is a smaller head as wellDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Chyeah boi

City, Sate? Sarasota, FlHandicap? 7.8Current gamer irons? Srixon Z785Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? My clubs are getting warn, and these look beautifulWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Lynden, WAHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? TaylorMade CB 4/MB 5-PW X100Why do you want to test Sub70 639 forged irons - I have been reading others positive experiences with these irons on the forum and would love the chance to try them out.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 4-5 CB 6-PW MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

City, Sate? Cincinnati, OhioHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? ping i25 ironsWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Very modern looking irons.. Definately will stand out from the rest in Design.. Curious if the performance matches itWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? comboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

City, Sate? Fairfield, PAHandicap? 3.4Current gamer irons? Cobra Fly Z+Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I am not familiar with Sub70 clubs, but these irons look sweet. Very traditional. Would love to see if forged feel matches the looks.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes!!!!

City, State? Tampa, FLHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP-69 Project X 6.0Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? very good price point, would like to see how they stack up to Major OEMS. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Louisville, KYHandicap? 5.5Current gamer irons? Adams CMBWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Gorgeous clubs from a great company. I've built multiple sets on their builder over the past few months, but don't have the cash on hand to pull the trigger.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo set would be greatDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I'd love to give members an insight into these irons.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

City, Sate? Las Vegas, NVHandicap? 5Current gamer irons? Callaway X-forged '18 S400 -2 flat/+1 strongWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I am actually in the process of getting some Miura MB soon and thought these are nice looking. I'm also interested because I was involved in producing forged heads in Japan and would like to see how these compare. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB/CB Combo 4-5 CB, 6-P MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes definitely would love to!

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

How To Apply

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate? Greenville, MiHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? P770 w/ px 6.0Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Their beautiful and I would love to find a set to beat my 770’sWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? AbsolutelyYou must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able to test the clubs outdoors on course as well as on the range.

City, Sate? Gainesville, FLHandicap? +1Current gamer irons? Titleist 718 MB 4-PW w/ TI x100Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I was talking with one of the members at the club I work at about these recently and how beautiful these look. I have tested a lot of blades in the past year and would like to see how these compare to all the others I have tested. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I would love to

City, State? Cleveland, OHHandicap? 4 Current gamer irons? Cobra King Forged CB 4-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Hell yeah!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo set or CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I will be as detailed as possible!

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

Wake Forest, NC

HCDP : 1.5

Current gamers are a split set of Ping i25 4-6 irons and Ping s55 irons in 7-PW with a Ping Gorge 50* Gap wedge.

I want to see how a direct to consumer company stands up to the major brands at their price point. Plus I love giving new companies chances to show how good they can be!

I'd like to test the combo set.

I agree ?

City, Sate? Neenah, WIHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? Titleist 714 AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Would like to try a smaller company set of irons. Titleist is the only brand I’ve owned 2 sets of irons from. I mix it up.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 3-6 iron CB, 7-PW bladeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? : Brooklyn, NYHandicap? : 8.2Current gamer irons? : Vapor Pro ComboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? : the CB reminds me of my the older Titleist, was always one of my favorite shapes. Love the idea of using something DTC and lesser known. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Full CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? 100%

City, Sate? San Diego, CaHandicap? +1.6Current gamer irons? Srixon 785/ Z ForgedWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They are great looking irons with great reviewsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combe set Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X