2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Sub70 639 Iron Testing! Muscle, Cavity Back, or Combo! Your Choice!

City, State? Tucson, AZHandicap? 8Current gamer irons? Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Steelfiber i95cw RWhy do you want to test Sub70? I’m always on the lookout for great Forged CB ironWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate? Orlando, FloridaHandicap? 3.3Current gamer irons? Taylormade M3Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I want to go back to a forged iron. The difference in feel is amazing.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CB comboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes for sure

City, Sate? Greenville, SCHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP-18 MMCWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Beautiful clubs, have been hearing positive reviews about your clubs for some timeWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely, thanks for the opportunity!

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

City, Sate? Warren, NJ

Handicap? 5.4

Current gamer irons? Srixon Z965 5-P + Z745 4i

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I enjoy trying new equipment and looking forward to be surprised with something that could better my trusted Srixons

What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes!

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

City, Sate? Glasgow, Ky.Handicap? 13.4Current gamer irons? PXG 0211 with True Temper Elevate Tour X-stiff.Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I like the way the irons look and I would like to know if they feel as good as they look. I also like trying brands that aren't the big names.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I agree.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Washington, DC

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour w/ Modus 120 TX

Irons look awesome, would love to try Sub70 product for the first time!

CB

100% would look forward to lots of testing and detailed review

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

City, Sate Nashville, TN

Handicap 9.2

Current gamer irons Srixon Z745

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I enjoy trying new equipment and looking forward to be surprised with something that could better my trusted Srixons- a cult classic.

What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CB

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I do.

Eugene, OR

18 Handicap

Gaming Callaway Rogue Pro irons

I would like to test the Sub70 639 forged irons because it has been a long time since I enjoyed a full set of forged irons and from what I read Sub70 has some clubs that are amazing to game. 

I would love to test a CB

Yes, i would enjoy participating in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos

City, Sate? South Brunswick, NJHandicap? 18Current gamer irons? Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Looking for something different with a slimmer profile and less offset, while maintaining forgiveness and forged feelWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

City, State? Forest Hill, TXHandicap? 1.2Current gamer irons? Mizuno HMB 4-PW, PX LZ 6.0Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Because they are forged, I love the feel, and I can bend them to spec. Can they compare to Mizuno forging? I also wouldn't mind some workability in the 8-PW. The HMB's are hard to limit trajectory because they launch pretty high.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo. CB in 4-7 and MB in 8-PW.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Heck yeah. I've reviewed clubs, balls, clothes and more on here! You name it! I also play year round and have a SkyTrak setup in my garage!

City, Sate? Fort Worth, TXHandicap? +1Current gamer irons? Apex Pro DotWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They are beautiful and I love the thought of mixing a set. It’s a blast to try new things and brands that I’ve never tried before. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

City, Sate? Sanford, FLHandicap? +.07Current gamer irons? Ping iBlade with DG 120 TI S400Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I would like to retire my Grandfather’s blades till my daughter is old enough to be given themWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I do

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

City, Sate? Crandall, TXHandicap? 8Current gamer irons? Cobra Forged TourWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Eager to try as I've heard good things, but never demoed the brand.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!!

City, Sate? Long Grove, ILHandicap? 4.1Current gamer irons? Miura CB57, KBS tour S at +1 and 2 upWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have become a convert to the forged iron. In addition to having access to a private course, I have a indoor sim with GCQuad to put the numbers up head to head.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? comboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Crown Point, IndianaHandicap? 3.5Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP 20 MB, KBS C-Taper SWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Want to help a quality company get more recognition for great productsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YES!

City, Sate? Atlanta, GAHandicap? 10Current gamer irons? Still undecided. Right now I’m between a T100/CB combo or 760s with PX LZ 6.5Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’ve been following them for a while and I’d love to give them a shot. I’d really like to see how the DT-4 soft stainless steel feels and performs. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

City, State? Pittsburgh, PaHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? Miura Baby BladesWhy do you want to test Sub70? Interesting product line. I've always enjoyed boutique brands and feel like I've played enough irons to give a objective opinion.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 4-7 (CB) , 8-PW (MB)Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

How To Apply

City, Sate? New Orleans, LAHandicap? 13.1Current gamer irons? Srixon z745s in TT X7sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Been interested in them for a while as I contemplate new irons, but haven't had a chance to check them out. Really interested to see what a boutique golf company that is direct to consumer can provide. The clubs are beautifulWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

City, Sate? Houston, TXHandicap? 12.4Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP 18 MMCWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Look amazing and am curious about “boutique” ironsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Probably need to stick with CB. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

City, State? Lakewood Ranch, FL.Handicap? 14 Current gamer irons? Titleist 620 mb Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Like many on Golfwrx I get just as much enjoyment out of experiencing and researching new equipment as I do playing the game of golf. I’ve played many types of irons and always end up leaning towards forged players clubs like these. I feel that I have played enough other forged players clubs to give these a good comparison for others that may be interested. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I’d like a combo, 4&5CB, 6-PW MB. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I also have access to a launch monitor that I could provide further data.

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

City, Sate? Plano, TX

Handicap? 0

Current gamer irons? MP18 SC

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I love forged irons

What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I do

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Kingsburg, CA

Callaway Mavrik Pro's with stock Elevate VSS 105 steel shafts

I will be honest and say I have never heard of this company. However the irons look amazing and I would love to try them and report back my findings.

It's been a while since I have tried any blades, but I would love a combo set to put through the paces.

Yes I would. Pics, opinions, in round reporting. I want to get to know about this companies products first hand.

Gilbert,AZHandicap? 2Current gamer irons? Mizuno mp33 5-pw, mp67 4 iron x100 txxxxWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons?- I’m super interested in the smaller brands putting out equipment and bucking the middle man and big equipment companies. I’ve done wrx testing in the past and I love participating in the community discussions. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?- I’d love to test out the combo set, 3-6 cavity 7-pw blade Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?- Absolutely! I’ll be able to play multiple rounds per month as well as multiple weekly range sessions, I will put them through the ringer

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

City, Sate? Mattapoisett, MAHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? Titleist 716 CBWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Very interested in the up and coming club companies and they look great!What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 3-6 CB 7-P MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Callaway Rouge ST 💎💎💎 

Taylormade Sim Ti- 15*, 19*

Miura TC-201

Vokey Raw SM9- 46*, 51*, 56*, 61*

Bettinardi BB8W Blackout - Scotty Cameron Buttonback Newport

City, Sate? Trappe, PAHandicap? 5Current gamer irons? CALLAWAY 2018 Apex MB irons Project X 6.0 shaftsWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Irons look great, company looks interesting, curious to try these irons,love trying new ironsWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo 3-6 CB 7-P MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes and I track stats for all of my rounds.

City, State? Flemington, NJHandicap? 0Current gamer irons? MP20 MMCWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I saw and tried them at the PGA show Demo day and I thought they were nice and was curious to see how they compare to my MizzysWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would have to go with a combo. 4-6 in the CB and 7-PW in the MbDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I would compare them on the trackman. So cool.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

City, State - Burlingame, CAHandicap - 12Current gamer irons - 718 AP2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons - I am interested in the non-big box OEM brands and already just purchased some Sub 70 fairway woods. Excited to try a new product, something I have never tried before.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo) - Combo, as my ballstriking is okay, but not perfect for MBs.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos - Gladly, would post all the pictures and reviews to here and on my IG.

Titleist TSR3 10 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 5S

Titleist 915F 16.5 Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Titleist TS3 19 Fujikura Fuel 85HB S

Titleist U500 4i Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 HY 6.0

Titleist 620MB 5-PW AeroTech Steelfiber i95 S

Titleist Vokey Design SM9 52F, 58M True Temper DG S200

Scotty Cameron Teryllium 2 Newport KBS GPS Tour 120 Rainbow
Titleist Linksmaster stand bag