2020 Ben Hogan Icon blades

Ummm, no.

ptxproandicons.jpg

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got mine a couple days ago, man are they pretty.  Wont get to try them on the course till later in the week, though.  Hit a few in my backyard net and they feel great, 4 iron is surprisingly easy to h

I'm fully on board, too -- I came this close to my 3rd ace this morning with a 6 iron from 208 (a bit downhill and downwind). I've been really impressed at how easy the 4-6 irons are to hit.  

Put some BBF&Co on there. Little bit more regal.

Posted Images

Take a closer look at the details in the listing, they are Icon long irons and PTx short irons. My guess is he ordered both and made his own combo...

f4d0f6f9-4fa9-4826-8de8-4843bee89678.png

Currently in my bag:
Titleist TSi2 9* / Raw White

Titleist TSi2 16.5* / Raw Blue

Titleist TS2 21* / Tensei Blue

Callaway Apex Pro Double DOT / TT

Ping Glide Stealth 51/56 SS - 60 ES

PXG Mini Gunboat PN (Buck Club Maverick)

Srixon Z-Star

My guess is he had two sets and built his own combo like mentioned above and is just selling the leftovers....

After having the Icons out again today, I am really happy that I chose to go all Icon instead of combo.. I also did make the change to the S300 instead of the KBS Tour V110. I think the extra weight is good for my swing and helps me hit the middle more frequently... plus I like the feel of the smaller butt end of the S300... I am jonesing to get these in hand now!

Ping G410 LST 10.5* PX HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 60g

Ping G425 Max 14.5* Alta CB 65x

Ping G425 19* Aldila Rogue black 95ts

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52, 56, 60 AWT 

Ping Anser Milled 2

Like Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part." But this is another level. Ordered July 3rd and just can't believe they still haven't shipped. Fully aware that they have the disclaimer on the site about a month of lead time, but I thought that was a cya statement just to get ahead of customer service load.

On one hand, I'm happy that Ben Hogan must be doing very well and understand shit is complicated right now. On the other, it's really hard to believe that it takes that long to assemble irons. It's not like they were waiting on parts - they have a limited combo selection.

My club is about 3min from their warehouse and they aren't allowing people to come pick up the clubs either (again, I get it). Based on other mentions in here, I've dialed back any hope because it even seems like some of you experienced 5+ weeks before your clubs arrived. But does anyone have any stories of them arriving early?

Just for a point of reference, I ordered my set of Icons (and a UiHi 18 degree) on June 16, and they just arrived yesterday (exactly 6 weeks from order to delivery). I haven't even had a chance to get out an hit them, but that's coming soon. I wish I could give you better news, but they are definitely behind schedule. Until then, I guess you can keep reading the reviews and dreaming...I've been there so I know your pain.

Just for a point of reference, I ordered a set of Icons (and 18 degree UiHi) on June 16. They were just delivered yesterday (exactly 6 weeks from order to arrival). I haven't even had a chance to get out and hit them yet, but that's coming soon. I wish I could give you some better news, but they are definitely behind schedule. Until then, I guess you can read some more reviews and dream...I feel your pain I've been there.

Just for a point of reference, I ordered a set of Icons (and 18 degree UiHi) on June 16. They were just delivered yesterday (exactly 6 weeks from order to arrival). I haven't even had a chance to get out and hit them yet, but that's coming soon. I wish I could give you some better news, but they are definitely behind schedule. Until then I guess you can keep reading reviews and dreaming...I've been there too so I feel your pain.

I ordered a set of black Icons on July 2nd, and nothing yet. I'm not terribly surprised, and I'm fine with my current irons until they get here, but I am looking forward to getting them.@werpennstate23 did you get the chrome or black Icons?

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 46.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
Scratch SB-1 3-4 & 6-PW Nippon Modus3 120x or Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW Nippon Modus3 125x
Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Same here, 5 weeks from order to delivery but agree they are worth it. I liked them so much I sold my MP20 I bought new 3 months before for significantly more money.

That said, a nice set of New Level 623 has my eyes as well...what is wrong with me?!

Currently in my bag:

Srixon Z-Star

Nothing. That 623M is a piece of art. And the sole is thin-ish but looks like its got a little meat to it, so I’m not surprised reviewers find them playable.

Meanwhile, on Sunday I hit for the first time in my golf life the 8,9 and wedge from a set of ‘99 Hogan Apexes. Wow. If the Icons feel as good as those, they will be selling plenty of them. Thin soles on the ‘99 but not at all difficult to launch.

de65d911-cc2d-4e55-aada-5b577f8fd77f.jpeg

9f145e6a-f276-4110-90f9-f0b32afc8e0e.jpegJust opened these babies and they are as gorgeous as I remember (from the Demos). Going to take them straight to the course on Friday. If there’s anything that you want me to test out and report back just let me know. I’m sure I’ll give that UiHi a challenge or two and see how well I can hit a low punch from the trees.

• Like 2

The '99 Apex blades were my gamers. I have owned three sets of them, one in the capacity of a backup set. I love the '99 blades and my former gamers are now my backup set to the Icons. The Icons do feel as good as the '99s. I am still getting used to the Icons and they are performing well. The v sole of the Icons are much better than the sole of the '99s otherwise they are very similar.

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Yes, the ‘99’s do have much thinner soles and less bounce. Still seem very playable in the scoring irons (150 and in.) I could see the mid and long irons being a challenge. They definitely have a nice feel at impact and are easy to work. The overall blade size looks very close to the Icons and PTX Pros except for the soles.

I found that the '99 Apex sole was slightly wider than the Icons. I have never had issues hitting the 3, 4 and 5 irons of my '99 Apex. I have a 2 iron, which would be similar to a modern day 3 iron in loft, so I may put those in play if I find that a 4th wedge doesn't have benefits to my game. That said, the Icon's sole is tremendous and probably the best benefit I have found with regard to the new blades.

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

I think I shot 76, and missed four putts around or inside five feet (all for birdies). Didn’t have a ton of irons for my second shot bc it was a fairly short course (the epitome of target golf), but hit a couple really nice. Hit pitching wedge twice that was all over it (from 147 and 148), just ended up about 15 feet short of the pin since they really checked up quickly. I hit a couple of 4 and 5 irons off tees that were pure. They feel great, and the ones that were off target were definitely on me. The only club I couldn’t really get a feel for was my 18 degree UiHi, so it went back into the bag after a few wayward tee shots. Going to need to practice with that. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I’m not a huge fan of the larger top line. It just looks a feels a bit bulky.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback! I really like the look of the VKTR hybrid and if my 915h wasnt so good to me lately, I'd probably go that route before the UI. Great playing and hopefully they treat you as well on the longer courses. Can't wait to get mine....

Ping G410 LST 10.5* PX HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 60g

Ping G425 Max 14.5* Alta CB 65x

Ping G425 19* Aldila Rogue black 95ts

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52, 56, 60 AWT 

Ping Anser Milled 2

I haven’t settled in with the UiHi either. The top line is thickish and there is a fair amount of offset. I relegated it to the back up bag and put my X Forged UT back in.

The icons and PTx however have been great!

Currently in my bag:

Srixon Z-Star