2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Cobra King SpeedZone & King SpeedZone Xtreme Driver Testing! Test Both Drivers!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5°, X-FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Spin rates and sound. Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Not much. After an initial tuning, it’s set. Current Driver Setup? Mavrik SZ, 10.5°, RipX 75X. Were you fit for that driver? Yes. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

Titleist TSi3 10* - MCA D+ LTD 70TX

Taylormade Sim 15* - MRC Kai'li Blue 70TX

Cobra SpeedZone "4" - 18* - MCA OT 110

Callaway Apex MB (8-PW) XForged (4-7) - MCA MMT 105TX

Vokey Wedges - 52/56 - DG AMT S300

EVNROLL Midlock ER2V

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10.5 stiff in both SZ and XtremeBiggest factor is forgiveness without sacrificing too much distance.I do adjust the driver after receiving. Mainly to adapt to windy days if I need to keep the ball down or if I’m going through some swing issues that cause a right or left miss.Current driver is a Ping G400 10.5 with tour 65 in stiffHalf-a$$ed fitting job at PGATSS.Now that I have some more time to play, I’d most definitely be up for ongoing participation in the testing thread.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5* StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? PerformanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Once it's set, it's setCurrent Driver Setup? Wishon 919THI, S2S Black Stiff ShaftWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? - 10.5 SWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? - accuracy/forgiveness first, distance secondDo you adjust your drivers after buying? - ideally the fitting gives me the optimal setup but yes, I do like to tinkerCurrent Driver Setup? - EPIC, 10.5*Were you fit for that driver? - Yes, but it wasn't a great fitting sessionDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Absolutely. I will get very scientific with the comparison.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5/StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? DispersionDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Epic Flash/Pro 2.0 TSWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? SZ matte black/ white 9 degree with GD AD-DI 6x at 44.75"What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy but I'm really chasing some yards Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? 2017 TM M1 440 10.5 with UST elements DK6xWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes 100x, would love to be part of a club test!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.5 X or S depending on shaftWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Price vs. performance...always. Is it better than same product from a few years back???Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Only when conditions change...so yes!Current Driver Setup? Just purchased f9 two months back however still in love with my LTD black with MRC KK DC 60TXWere you fit for that driver? Y, RTJ demo day rep @ Grand NationalDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely, with three Cobra configs it would be good stuff

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 white stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? First it’s looks. Second performance.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes. Only loft.Current Driver Setup? SIM 10.5 Ventus black 7s Were you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? ShapeDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes Current Driver Setup? G410 LST 9 w/ Fuji Ventus Black 7X Were you fit for that driver? Sort of haha Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 degree stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? How light it is and workabilityDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Cobra F9 9* with Fujikura X-Stiff Shaft. Driver set to +1DWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5º StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Does it have better shot dispersion and are the misses not as badDo you adjust your drivers after buying? If I am fit for a driver I do notCurrent Driver Setup? TS3 9.5º with Mitsubishi Fubuki 63SWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes of course

Driver - Titleist Tsi2 10º w/ KBS TD 60 Cat 4

4W - Titleist 917F2 16.5º w/ Tour AD DI 7S

3h - Titleist Tsi2 18º w/ KBS Tour Ptototype 85 S+ 

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-P w/ Modus 120 X shafts

Wedges - Titleist SM8 50, 55, and 60

Putter - Cleveland Classic TA2 milled Long neck 

Ball - Prov1x

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Will I gain an advantage over my current driver in accuracy and distanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, but sometimes neutral is the right set upCurrent Driver Setup? Ping G410 9* turned up to 10* with Your 65 shaftWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes Absolutely!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0 TX-FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Sound, the ability to add weights to dial in swing weight, and buzz generated on Golf Wrx from others positive experiences. Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes it may take a month to dial in the settings after finding the right shaft. I have found that shafts that may work with one OEM don’t necessarily perform the same in another. Settings always get adjusted/dialed in after finding a shaft that performs or doesn’t generate unnecessary spin/launch characteristics.Current Driver Setup? Current driver setup for the last year has been a Callaway Epic Flash TD 9.0 with Graphite Design VR 7TX. Cobra F9 was used briefly before switching to the EFTDWere you fit for that driver? Yes and I tried multiple X flex shafts and the launch/spin didn’t deviate to much so I found the optimal shaft. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely would participate and provide feedback. Would love the opportunity to see if the new F9SZ can outperform the EFTD. The looks of the F9SZ alone destroy it and the F9 is one of the best sounding drivers I have ever hit. Would be amazing to test both and provide feedback for everyone.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 degree Stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? For me its usually price, I'm usually a year or two behind in models due to the affordability. Other then that I want a combo that puts me in the fairway consistently but can't help but want to bomb it as well. Do you adjust your drivers after buying? I try not to but eventually I usually start to tweak things a little bit. Current Driver Setup? I just picked up an TM m3 440 but have not hit it yet. Just shafted it up. My previous set up was a 2017 TM M1 10.5 set to 9.5, 44.5 inches long, Stiff Fubuki J 70x5ct Stiff FlexWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I would love to be involved in something like this. I need be more vocal on WRX anyway! :)

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 with stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? distance and forgiveness.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YES!!Current Driver Setup? TS3 HZRDUS stiffWere you fit for that driver? yesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YES

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test?... 10.5 loft in R-flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? ,,, Consistency of flightDo you adjust your drivers after buying?... Yes, initial and the tweak as neededCurrent Driver Setup? ... PING G400 Were you fit for that driver? ...NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? ...Yes, I play a lot and can post quality photos, etc. Love to participate.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? Both 9* and x-stiff shafts.What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? The biggest thing for me is it has to perform better than what I am playing to make it into my bag.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes I tweak the loft down and like the look of an open face.Current Driver Setup? Ping G400LST Hzrds Yellow 73gWere you fit for that driver?Yeah I was fit a few years ago for it.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

Callaway Paradym TD 9*  Ventus BLK TR 7x

SIM Ti 15* Ventus BLK 8X

Srixon U85 18* Recoil 95 F5

Titleist T200 4i, Titleist T100 5-PW DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Raw 50.08 , 55.12, 60.04 TGrind DG S400

Scotty Cameron X5

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness, performance against current driver, and soundDo you adjust your drivers after buying? UsuallyCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway Mavrik 9*, Tensei Blue stiff 65gWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Results. Must be able to hit fairways and workable.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Maltby KE4 tc - Tensei Pro White 70sWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course! I would be happy to!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? Speedzone 10.5 X, Speedzone Xtreme 12 X.What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? PXG 0811XF 14* Gen 2 StiffWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes and I have a Launch Monitor so I will be able to provide real data.

Would love a chance to test these head-to-head!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0 X FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Looks and feelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? DependsCurrent Driver Setup? F9 9 degree w/ Rogue White 130 60XWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5* and X-stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness. I want to back sure off center strikes aren't super penalizing. Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YES. Usually swing weight of a driver is the first thing I look at. Feel usual determines whether I can feel the clubface and to me, that means the driver has to be the right SW. After that, I usually look at what stock lie is for various drivers. Current Driver Setup? Mizuno ST190 w/ ventus blue 6xWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, of course. That is half the fun.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 Degree in Stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? SureCurrent Driver Setup? Titleist 9 Degree TS3 with Hz Smoke 60 G StiffWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Sure

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 Degree in Stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy/ForgivenessDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Only if it’s misbehaving. Current Driver? Pxg Gen2 0811x (10.5) with Evenflow Blue 65 stiffWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy & FeelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Epic Flash Sub Zero,Graphite Desigh AD-IZ 6XWere you fit for that driver? Sort of. Self fit using launch monitor and 6-8 shafts.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5* S FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Distance & ForgivenessDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Epic Flash Sub Zero Triple D, Veylix Rome 688 SWere you fit for that driver? Yes. Demoed bunch of driver heads and shafts by looking at the ball flight and direction.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 degree stiff right handedWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Does it pass the eye test and is dispersion better than what I have.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? I tinker a little at the range but for the most part once I settle on my optimal setting it stays there.Current Driver Setup? Cobra F9 9 degree set to 10.5 fuji atmos black XSWere you fit for that driver? I was fit for it at a Golf Galaxy but the XS gave me fits all last season with elbow tendonitis so I would love to go back to my usual stiff flex which is what I've played all my lifeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely, I know I'm not the most active member but I've been around the forum for a long time and would love to share my comparisons with each driver and have the added bonus of comparing them to the F9 which I did love! Thanks!

Driver -  Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 9 degree with GD UB 6S

3 Wood- Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S

5 Wood - Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
Hybrid - Cobra F9 22 degree Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
7 - PW - Srixon Z745
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
Putter - LAB Golf mezz max broomstick, LAB Golf DF 2.1 armlock, LAB golf 2.1 standard length 

Thanks to Cobra and WRX for this opportunity!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? - 10.5*, stiff shaft, right handedWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? - Consistency, both consistent long distance and consistent forgiveness and results.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? - Yes, if needed, based on swing changes and / or conditions.Current Driver Setup? - Cobra F7 with Project X Hazardous Red stiff shaftWere you fit for that driver? - NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Yes! Thanks for this contest!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* Stiff What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? SometimesCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5 Stiff RogueWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes! (professional photographer!)