PXG Order Time

golfer20

Glad I'm not the only one. Not meant to be mean. My clubs were shipped Wednesday last week. Tracking only shows that it was at the Phoenix hub. No other updates since, missed the delivery date, and now only "pending". FedEx literally has no idea where it is. This Friday, I can have PXG file a claim. After waiting 6 weeks to have my clubs built and shipped, and now this, I am really sour.

PM me and I can tell you what PXG said about this, in case yours are "lost".

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

Geez - my last order was wandering around Phoenix 4 four days before it got farther than 80 miles from Phoenix and it arrived today. Next order was supposed to be built on the 14 and it went into production mode on the 15th and it is still in that state now - I am tempted to call but they will just lie and say it will ship[ any day. Its a fairway wood so it will probably take a week to assemble :) Two more orders after that one and I will be all set :)

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

Definitely didn’t get a black box, but o well. Took them on the range and loved them, though I will be switching the grips out most likely.

Mine were shipped 3 days short of 6 weeks. If I would have done standard shipping then I would have received them about 6.5 weeks after order (in Michigan so 6 days or so for ground.).

For kicks I called about my latest order for a fairway - it said estimate production 14-Jun and it cleared the estimated date yesterday and it has been siting like that for 2 days. I just called and they told me that it would be weeks out from now. That is not what the last 3 orders did - all of those did the same thing and were shipped in 1-2 days from clearing the estimated day - the CS rep did not check anything and was just quoting rules of thumb instead of any actual checking, so who knows. The saga continues with my bag changeover :)

I ordered a Proto X+ driver in the beginning of May along with a hybrid. Build time was 11 days and got a tracking number on a Thursday and the clubs were at FedEx that Friday. I live in Albuquerque so I was expecting them by the following Monday. Nothing was getting updated and the delivery date was changed. FedEx shipped my clubs from Phoenix to Atlanta on to Missouri then to Texas and finally Albuquerque. What should have been two day delivery took a week.

I thought I understood the PXG timeline shown on the website, but I am not sure. They show the estimated "To Begin" date. I thought once that disappeared that it meant the club was being built. On a couple orders of mine that seemed to be true, but now I think when that estimate goes away it means that date has passed and your order is just in the queue and they do not update that timeline - which is annoying, because why have it since when it goes into production it is only a short period of time before it is shipped and you will not notice it.

I had a club to be built on Sunday and now it is just in the queue, another was to be built today and it appears that is going to pass as well. It would be cool if the timeline was updated - they have to know how many orders are in front of your order and they know their build rates, I would think they could be pretty damned accurate on a build date. It would be very cool if it texted you (if you chose that) when each step happens. Dominos has the same type of thing for pizza making - the only difference is that the pizza does not take weeks to make and it does not get lost by FedEx :)

I was about to lose all hope and was fleshing out in my mind what type of email or phone call to undertake with someone at PXG. I ordered 8-PW in the 0211s with stock components/specs a few days before the end of April.  (Granted, a 3-club order probably wasn’t a priority but they had no trouble taking my money back in April.)  I checked the order status this morning and it showed that they had shipped!  Keep the hope alive if you have been waiting for quite some time!

Something that is confusing: At 9:00 PM central time the shipment information on the PXG website indicates the following--

06/17/2020   23:50:21   Departed FedEx location   PHOENIX, United States

I assumed 23:50:21 was a time stamp.  However, if it is 21:00 in the central time zone, how can it be 23:50:21 in Phoenix?  If 23:50:21 isn’t a time stamp, what does it represent?  

Haha - I am in the Eastern Timezone and those FedEx time stamps are something whacked. They are supposed to be local time time stamps, but they were not from my perspective. So glad your clubs are on the way! Hopefully they were not Shipped FedEx Adventure Route and comes straight to you.

Called again today to checkup on my order. 0811x Gen 2/0341x both Left Hand. Ordered May 31. The guy actually put me on hold to “check on them” this time, never had that happen. Said 3-4 weeks from date of order, originally quoted 4-6 weeks. Projected build date is 6/20, so hopefully I see some progress Saturday. He seemed pretty confident they’d be done next week, but I won’t hold my breath lol.

I got my Gen2 driver from DD today. Overall about 6 weeks from order to receipt. Arrived jammed into a plain box - headcover on, no plastic wrap on the head.

Overall - very disappointed. But I got a club that seems to be without issues. This will be my last PXG order though thats for sure.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I sent them an email to check on the three outstanding orders I have and to ask why the timeline is not really accurate. Most of my email was not answered but he did give me a status on the three orders.

First order - Gen 2 0341x FW - ordered 25-May, Estimate 14-Jun Timeline has gone dark but he said it is going through final inspection "This generally means it will ship out within a week" - Hmm that seems excessive. What is there to a club inspection and why isn't it going out the same day. Geez - Build time 15 minutes, inspect 15 min tops - should be like an hour on the way conservative side.Second order - Gen 2 0317x Hybrid - ordered 28-May, Estimated 17-Jun - this has not started to be built and timeline still says estimated 17-Jun - he said estimated on or before 25-Jun. Then why isn't it reflected in the timeline? Also how can your system allow an estimated build start date in the past?

Third order - Gen 2 0341x FW - ordered 16-Jun, Estimated 5-Jul. I may not see anything for the next few weeks :)

Geez - these is all terribly disappointing. Wouldn't you think someone is managing this production mess and knows when things are tentatively scheduled to happen? How cool would it be for that timeline to show you exactly what is going on? Maybe show you your place in line... Text you when the timeline is updated.

I need to stop looking at that site - it is driving me nuts :)

Received my Gen2 driver I ordered on May 13th yesterday. A little upset though. I ordered the driver at 44” with the Riptide CB so I made it abundantly clear I wanted the swingweight at D3. I was first told they would hotmelt it to get the head weight up which I was fine with. Then I had several other conversations with CS reps as well as one of their fitters that told me they would use more of the tungsten weights to get the desired swingweight. I was also fine with that. Well of course I open the box up and there are no added tungsten weights just the 3 that everyone gets. I can easily tell the swingweight was not addressed. For whatever reason this is something I am very sensitive to and I can almost bet this thing is 3-4 points low.

I think the goofiness may be more simple than we think. Recently the Lamkin Z5 PXG grip was not available to order, but it is back today. My club is in an extended "Final Inspection" could that be caused by a lack of the grip I ordered? That makes more sense than telling me the inspection might take a week :) What if on the boxes they just ran out and did not want to admit that they ran out of boxes, because that means you are not managing your supply chain - so they came up with the ECO Friendly comments, even though they are subjecting the clubs to potential damage.

It will be interesting to see if the black boxes make a reappearance or not I just want the rest of my clubs :)

0211s arrived this morning. 8i, 9i, and PW. All standard specs/components. For those still keeping score, they were ordered on April 29 so I received them 10 days less than 2 months after ordering. They came in a plain brown box that wasn't overly big but certainly functional. In terms of the big black PXG box: Isn't the big box part of the reason for the $60 shipping fee that is charged at the time of purchase? I've had other companies send me similar or bigger orders in a box similar or slightly bigger in size than the box I received today for under $15. I don't care if I have the big box and getting one was never part of the interest in purchasing the clubs, but should we still be charged a $60 shipping fee if PXG didn't ship the clubs in the big box? That doesn't seem reasonable. Has anyone in this situation reached out to PXG about this? If so, what was the response?

The PXG response is that the shipping charges are for the insurance and shipping charges and not for the box. I find that hard to believe, but that is their answer.

Just got my gen 2 0311 iron set on Monday

Ordered May 18th - 8 irons with custom length, loft, lieGot shipping notification on June 17thArrived on June 22nd (from AZ to OH)Had to wait a bit but they fit inside their estimate. A little frustration with what their website said being in assembly for 3 weeks but they still hit their estimates.

Really love the irons. They are a smoking deal at the price I paid. Hit about 50 balls and the feel of the clubs is outstanding. I need to see how well I can work the ball with them but so far really like them and they hit my specs perfectly.

• Like 1