Anybody working with the G-Box?

I made a makeshift version but am having a similar issue to exgolfpro. What he’s saying is that he knows that instead of working external like it’s supposed to, his trail arm still works internal (elbow down and tight to seam line instead of “forward” and tight to rib cage). Mine does this also (trail arm works too “internal”).

But I found a somewhat easy “cheat” within the first few swings where all I had to do was not rotate my hips at all. Then my trail elbow fit in nicely and I didn’t hit the box. But I was also not rotating like I know I’m supposed to, and I was hitting the ball like crap, so I took it off so as not to ingrain any “no rotation” moves. I just watched the video linked above and now see my “cheat” and how George says not to do that. I’m going to have to work with it some more so I can see some more benefit soon.

Just received mine and swung it a little. The front box with the line is awesome as I thought I turned fully but it really showed be I wasn’t quite turning all the way, something they’ve pointed out so I lift at the end. Much better feeling position. Also found my right arm just gets in front of back box no problem. Weird because in video that is an issue so I wonder if better turn in combination if your subconscious knows the box is there is what makes that happen.

also don’t wear it on your waist you wear it above your waist above your navel. That makes it more challenging as well. So far seems pretty simple and effective

It's such a good tool. The alignment stick thru the belt loop just doesn't give the visual that you need to turn.

I really can't believe how much better my ballstriking has gotten. Particularly the past few days. It's good to put the G-Box on from the get-go on the range. I find that between being a bit stiff and learning how to turn and get the proper upper thoracic spine extension that early on in range sessions I won't do that properly.

My low point control is so much better. Making far better contact, particularly off difficult lies.

RH

True. Since I lift at the end, I can’t see the line fully because my left shoulder blocks it so if I see the line I know I’m not lifting as well. So simple. It almost makes me realize the pivot is really generated by the torso and the limbs are supportive of it. If I start my downswing by focusing on turning the line down to the left, it all falls into place (at least it feels right and looks good in mirror)

So if you wear the Gbox above the hips and closer to the lower rib cage, your goal becomes turning your thorax 90 degrees and your shoulders will turn more than 90 degrees? When I do this it feels like such a huge turn. Not only have I never gone around this much but it almost feels like I'll never make it back in time lol.

First make sure that the G-Boxes are aligned correctly for the full swing.

Getting the line to move back on the lead G-Box 90 degrees requires not only turning the body and the shoulders but getting upper thoracic spine extension as well.

For instance I have a problem where I will get enough body turn but not enough upper thoracic spine extension and vice versa. If you're just turning without the upper thoracic spine extension it will probably feel like you are having to turn your body too much and you will not have a proper side bend/tilt so you can use the ground and rotate on the downswing.

RH

Yes great reminder Richie. Coming from an upper body lateral move for many years, I've been working on that thoracic extension quite a bit recently. Makes a huge difference.

I took an in person lesson from Jake Gilmer last week and he kept telling me to finish my turn. He got me to understand how to do the proper sequence in transition for the first time ever. My arms/hands were really outpacing my body. Really excited about working on it. Incredible instructor and a perfect fit for how I learn.

I don't actually have a gbox since it was out of stock when I went to their website. I am using a $7 weight lifting belt with a pool noodle segment velcro'd to the left side. I shallow in the downswing very well so the right portion isn't as useful to me but to the majority, the right box would be important.

To answer your question, when I put an alignment stick through my belt loops, the stick would be a little more than 45 degrees at p4 or top of swing. When I use my ghetto Gbox worn above my hips and just below my ribcage, the left stick is pointing at the ball at p4.

$100 for a belt with 2 boxes on the side? Of course it's sold out. Haha

I follow the guy on Instagram and I like some of his golfers, he seems like a nice guy. But he's always posting "Gucci" and "Scooby" and all these water emojis and other weird stuff. One time he posted some female family member in a thong bikini. WTF. Honestly I have no idea what he's talking about half the time.

GBox vs Planemate. Who’s used both?

What do they get you to do that is the same?

What do they get you to do that’s different?

If only one, which one and why?

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Planemate is more for the arms and hands, G-Box is more pivot related although it does help with positioning of the arms in the swing. For example, if you get your arms too far behind you in the backswing (flat) you can easily hit the trail box on the downswing. So the Planemate is a little more focused on the motion of the arms and hands whereas the G-Box...when it comes to the arms/hands...is more focused on the positioning of them during different parts of the swing.

As far as getting you to do what is the same, probably not pulling down the arms so much in transition. GG likes for the golfer to feel like they are keeping the hands up for as long as they can in the downswing whereas the Planemate allows for some more dropping of the hands, just not the really hard pulldown and protracted abduction that causes one to come over the top.

As far as which one to get it depends on your needs. While I do believe that the G-Box can be used for other teaching philosophies, it's really best for those working on GG's teachings. But if you have a pivot and extension issue, the G-Box is better. If you have a pulldown with the arms, arm structure and transverse adduction issues...then the Planemate is probably better suited for you.

RH

I've had my G Box for about a week now and have seen an improvement in my ball striking. I've struggled with EE and really flip the club to square the face at impact. I'll say the first day I used the G Box, I hit the ball like a dog. Went home and watched a few more videos and realized I didn't have the boxes positioned correctly and still wasn't making a good turn. Next range session was the best session I've had on the range top-to-bottom of my bag in months. I wore it the entire time (minus about 10 swings at the very end) and focuses on a few of the drills in his videos. Now, if I make the proper turn in the backswing, the rest takes care of itself. I'll continue to use it in practice sessions and will be sure to use it warming up for rounds.

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

Is there additional links to the videos being mentioned or do they come with the product.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

So after using it a bit the turn is slightly more than what I normally do, but fairly easy after a few swings. the hard part for me is that I am not an owl and my head/eye is not quite able to stay on the ball Even though my shoulder turn is more than enough. I need to stop doing shoulders at the gym and loosen my neck a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is $27 per box plus shipping comes to ~$80 for two boxes. Good thought - they have it priced accordingly

I have the planemate, thinking about attaching styrofoam craft/packing boxes to the planemate belt or as others have said use a lumbar support belt with boxes.

Now if I could just buy some free time to work, play and practice

Driver: Sim 8 Tensei Pro White 60S
FW/Hybrid: CB Pro LTD 16.5, Sim Max 19
Irons: Adams MB2 7 plug 4-G Recoil 95 proto F4/ P-790 Recoil
Mizuno MP-R12 56/60
Putter: evnroll tour stroke