Hi..question...

I am wondering the difference if any in the modus120 x hardstepped ..vs...modus 120tx straight in..

Reason..i will have to extend at least 1 full inch in the hardstepped vs..about .5 inch if I go straight in..wondering if the tx will act same as hardstepped x..i realize that hardstepping is about 1/3 of a flex

My clubs are long...

Thanks

Jim

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the rather long Modus thread, it was confirmed the 120 TX was about 11cpm stiffer, possibly with a slightly stiffer tip. Based on that, there would still be a fair distance between hardstepped X and the TX.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

Definitely different. TX will be heavier and stiffer than a hardstepped 120x

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Had both of these about a month ago

x hs- felt like the regular x from a feel stand point. Had the soft mid section you get with the 120x however didn't bring my flight down enough and I couldn't get used to the mid section.

tx- thought I liked them....felt stout and nothing like the 120x but then I tried x7 and x100 hs and I couldn't go back to these. Felt too boardy and just odd.

The 120 hs weren't bad if you're still looking for the modus feel. I may be wrong but I didn't feel the smooth modus profile with the tx's