Mizuno Iron order lead time

Wow 2 weeks and 1 day, ordered mp20 blades in tour issue x100's on 2/28 and still no word...

• Haha 1

Driver - Epic MAX LS 9* down to 8* - HZRDUS Smoke Green "Hulk" 60TX

3W - GBB Epic SZ 15* - Diamana D+ 70X

2i/3i - Mizuno HMB - KBS $ Taper 130X

4i-PW - Mizuno MP15 - KBS CTaper 130X
50/56/60 - TM Hi Toe

Putter - David Whitlam Gauge Designs 10th Ani

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These came in in about 10 working days :)

Nope.... 500 Sets made Worldwide.... I have Set 395 :) They may be for sale

Took 2 weeks and 1 day. I ordered all my Mizuno irons in my signature through discount dans.

Posted Images

On 3/20/2021 at 1:00 PM, pykim01 said:

Wow 2 weeks and 1 day, ordered mp20 blades in tour issue x100's on 2/28 and still no word...

For what it's worth, I'm at just over 5 weeks waiting on my Mizuno mp-20 order (through DDs). It turns out, after e-mailing DDs, Mizuno is "out" of the grip I wanted (MCC Plus 4 midsize) and that has been the holdup. I was told if I switch to a different grip, they'll get them out by next week. 

I'm not super stoked to be paying that much for irons to NOT get the grip I want... but they're going to use regular size MCC plus 4s and build them up with tape to try and match the size/weight of midsize.... so hopefully that works out ok. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, beatarmy02 said:

For what it's worth, I'm at just over 5 weeks waiting on my Mizuno mp-20 order (through DDs). It turns out, after e-mailing DDs, Mizuno is "out" of the grip I wanted (MCC Plus 4 midsize) and that has been the holdup. I was told if I switch to a different grip, they'll get them out by next week. 

I'm not super stoked to be paying that much for irons to NOT get the grip I want... but they're going to use regular size MCC plus 4s and build them up with tape to try and match the size/weight of midsize.... so hopefully that works out ok. 

I had the same issue. Mizuno told me my Tour Velvet Standards were the reason behind the delay... which makes no sense to me. 

Edited by tspedding
23 hours ago, tspedding said:

I had the same issue. Mizuno told me my Tour Velvet Standards were the reason behind the delay... which makes no sense to me. 

Mine have finally been shipped... so apparently choosing a different grip was the hold up. I just wish someone had let me know earlier about the grip issue so I could have had the irons in my hands earlier. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, beatarmy02 said:

Mine have finally been shipped... so apparently choosing a different grip was the hold up. I just wish someone had let me know earlier about the grip issue so I could have had the irons in my hands earlier. 

So in total how long did you wait on your irons? Just ordered mine Thursday of last week. Wondering what to expect. Got no ETA from PGA

On 4/3/2021 at 11:03 PM, Jester959 said:

So in total how long did you wait on your irons? Just ordered mine Thursday of last week. Wondering what to expect. Got no ETA from PGA

My order arrives tomorrow! Sadly, that means the total wait time was 7 weeks. 

Though (and I'm not sure why) the clubs got shipped from Mizuno to DD's last week and then DD's sent them to me. I'm not sure why they just didn't get drop shipped from the Mizuno. 

Either way, I'm excited to get them and hit the course with them!

On 4/5/2021 at 7:45 PM, jeg208 said:

Anybody order with midsize tour velvet +4s?  Got a set of 921f that are going on 7 weeks.

Just got off the phone with my fitter and it wasn't the grips.  The 921 forged heads were out of stock, but mizuno is hoping to have them completed within a week.  Upgraded me to overnight shipping, so hopefully will have them in hand by next weekend.

Specs: 921 jpx forged, kbs $ 120, midsized tour velvet +4, fitted on 2/20.

Edited by jeg208
On 4/5/2021 at 10:45 PM, jeg208 said:

Anybody order with midsize tour velvet +4s?  Got a set of 921f that are going on 7 weeks.

Mine were supposed to have midsize +4 MCCs and that was my holdup. I didn't ask about the midsize tour velvet +4 as a replacement and instead I went with regular size +4 MCCs and they built them up to be the same size as midsize.

I got them yesterday and the clubs look and hit amazing... the "built up" grips to get to midsize are a bit firmer, but that was to be expected but they got the size right. I was honestly really disappointed in how twisted some of the grips are with the install... not just "not straight" but actually curved at the bottom like someone did a rush job. It's only a few of the grips that are put on that way, but I expected more from Mizuno. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 2:52 PM, jeg208 said:

Just got off the phone with my fitter and it wasn't the grips.  The 921 forged heads were out of stock, but mizuno is hoping to have them completed within a week.  Upgraded me to overnight shipping, so hopefully will have them in hand by next weekend.

I got fit 2/13 still waiting 921 Forged heads are on the hold up. Every week I am told next week for 3weeks now. Hopefully soon

On 4/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, jeg208 said:

Still haven't shipped :).  The word is the 921 forged heads are to blame, but they said that they should be receiving more today to build up and will hopefully receive them by the end of the week.  That will put me at about 9 weeks assuming they actually DO ship...

Edited by jeg208
4 hours ago, fletcher6490 said:

I don't suppose you have any info on whether the Tour heads have been out of stock or not?

They told me the only head out of stock was the forged and t20 wedges. But I only asked about mine. My grips MCC plus4 blue and $taper stiff all in stock. 

If there was anymore delays I was going to my second choice MP20 MMC 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:38 PM, beatarmy02 said:

My order arrives tomorrow! Sadly, that means the total wait time was 7 weeks. 

Though (and I'm not sure why) the clubs got shipped from Mizuno to DD's last week and then DD's sent them to me. I'm not sure why they just didn't get drop shipped from the Mizuno. 

Either way, I'm excited to get them and hit the course with them!

Discount Dan’s always receives the order, checks to make sure it is correct, then ships it out to you. 

I’m about to put in an order with DDs for a set of Mizuno MP-20 blades, thanks to this thread I’m going to order it with whatever standard-size grip Mizuno has in stock so as to avoid the delays some WRXers have experienced. 

MARUMAN Conductor Pro-X 9* + GD BB-6s
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + Aldila 75s
TourStage X-UT 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO MP-37 blades + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/TM Tour Preferred/Mizuno MP-T5
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach

Srixon Z Star XV

4 hours ago, Mizunofan said:

Discount Dan’s always receives the order, checks to make sure it is correct, then ships it out to you. 

I’m about to put in an order with DDs for a set of Mizuno MP-20 blades, thanks to this thread I’m going to order it with whatever standard-size grip Mizuno has in stock so as to avoid the delays some WRXers have experienced. 

I used DD to order PXG stuff and for sure they don't check the order before reshipping it to you. Both times, I had accessories missing, like an extra weight I ordered, etc. They shipped me the missing items later but PIA since it goes to them first and then to you.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Mizunofan said:

If you haven't ordered yet, you might also want to consider ordering without the grips installed or logo down. My clubs are amazing but the grips came crooked and inconsistent. I have a buddy who also recently ordered MP-20s and they came the same way. Everything else seems perfect... and I also didn't expect the logo to be perfectly to my liking (I know everyone likes them different... square... a few degrees open or closed, so it all looks right to them) but a bunch of them weren't just crooked but on slightly twisted and all different.

I have always loved mizuno clubs and have had many sets over the years, but these were the worst grips installed I have ever seen by any OEM ever... I somehow expected a little extra care with a custom order, and I was wrong. The 17 year old kid dicks sporting goods would have done a better job.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, beatarmy02 said:

If you haven't ordered yet, you might also want to consider ordering without the grips installed or logo down. My clubs are amazing but the grips came crooked and inconsistent. I have a buddy who also recently ordered MP-20s and they came the same way. Everything else seems perfect... and I also didn't expect the logo to be perfectly to my liking (I know everyone likes them different... square... a few degrees open or closed, so it all looks right to them) but a bunch of them weren't just crooked but on slightly twisted and all different.

I have always loved mizuno clubs and have had many sets over the years, but these were the worst grips installed I have ever seen by any OEM ever... I somehow expected a little extra care with a custom order, and I was wrong. The 17 year old kid dicks sporting goods would have done a better job.

Thanks, I too was thinking of ordering without any grips at all and having IOMICs installed at my local pro shop instead. I always play my grips logo-down, so whether they are crooked or not is not an issue for me.

I’m now slightly nervous about the two orders I already placed with DDs for a Mizuno wedge and a Bettinardi putter (neither was customized)...🤞 that they show up without any problems. 

Srixon Z Star XV

3 hours ago, Mizunofan said:

Thanks, I too was thinking of ordering without any grips at all and having IOMICs installed at my local pro shop instead. I always play my grips logo-down, so whether they are crooked or not is not an issue for me.

I’m now slightly nervous about the two orders I already placed with DDs for a Mizuno wedge and a Bettinardi putter (neither was customized)...🤞 that they show up without any problems. 

I honestly wouldn't be worried about anything but the grips. My other specs all seem right on (I had my lofts/lies adjusted and ordered 1/2" over standard length) and the guys I know who had custom orders had everything else right on... except grips.

Apparently Mizuno just needs a new grip installer guy. And if it wasn't customized you probably have a higher probability of good grips because all of the 'stock' mizuno stuff I have ever purchased had straight grips.

• Thanks 1

By the way, it looks like DDs charged my credit card for the Bettinardi putter I ordered through them. Does this mean the order has been filled on Bettinardi’s end and that DDs will ship it out soon? 

Edited by Mizunofan

Srixon Z Star XV

On 4/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, jeg208 said:

They finally made it!  9 weeks and 1 day.  All in all, worth the wait.  One grip has just a slight skew in it, and there is some ferule glue on a few of the heads.  Im sure a shank or two will take care of that 😄

180189553_524619401864276_8673175047942309762_n.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jeg208 said:

They finally made it!  9 weeks and 1 day.  All in all, worth the wait.  One grip has just a slight skew in it, and there is some ferule glue on a few of the heads.  Im sure a shank or two will take care of that 😄

180189553_524619401864276_8673175047942309762_n.jpg

That is my same set up!!! But I went blue wedges. I also upgraded my putter to the black m-craft VI. Looks like you might have the III? On week 12 now they told me Friday that they were being built so any day now!! Those look great good luck.

3 hours ago, NZ315 said:

That is my same set up!!! But I went blue wedges. I also upgraded my putter to the black m-craft VI. Looks like you might have the III? On week 12 now they told me Friday that they were being built so any day now!! Those look great good luck.

Its the new V.  This is my first go with Mizuno.  I went into the store with other ideas in my head, but for feel, performance, no upcharge for custom and higher end shafts/grips, I just couldn't find anything else that could compete!

On 4/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, fletcher6490 said:

I don't suppose you have any info on whether the Tour heads have been out of stock or not?

6 hours ago, jeg208 said:

Its the new V.  This is my first go with Mizuno.  I went into the store with other ideas in my head, but for feel, performance, no upcharge for custom and higher end shafts/grips, I just couldn't find anything else that could compete!

I am coming from JPX825 pro had those from new.  You will not be disappointed with mizuno irons. I don't think I would ever play another manufacturer than Mizuno.  They got me hooked even with the long lead time 

48 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

I am coming from JPX825 pro had those from new.  You will not be disappointed with mizuno irons. I don't think I would ever play another manufacturer than Mizuno.  They got me hooked even with the long lead time 

I've been playing the JPX 900 HM's the past three years and have thoroughly enjoyed them but surprisingly during the fitting, the 921 Tours were the best for me. I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke and these clubs are actually right for me. Hitting it in the sweet spot with the Tours felt absolutely amazing and I didn't notice any drop off in distance with a better ball flight. I hit my irons really high, partly due to a little flipping, but these paired with the right shaft had me loving the trajectory.