PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

11 minutes ago, joneser said:

Without getting too personal.  Had a family issue with a pet that has cost us SIGNIFICANT Money...not going broke by any means but common sense is being applied.  The driver is almost equal to my gamer (M5) but I would want to play around with shafts.  Distance is basically the same and I actually think there is more to be had.  There is nowhere around here that I can go tests shaft that won't cost a fortune and nowhere to do it outside.  I LOVE the looks and sound of it and with some shaft tinkering, I could see it as the gamer.  I however need to make an intelligent decision and sell the driver.  Its a bummer because I love the looks.  Bought with the Smoke Yellow 60 and while its pretty good, I think I like the IZ I have better....just don't want to be testing, swapping and costing a bunch of money that I should not be spending.  Took almost 54 years but I am attempting to use common sense.  😀

Sorry to hear that man. Understand.  If I get fit into it this Sat I may contact you. 

Gotta ask how close the Smoke Yellow and IZ are? Does the IZ have more feel or kick?

PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*
Scotty Special Select NP2

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still absolutely loving my Proto with the CB Evenflow Riptide.  I had a few rounds where I tinkered with the weight and didn't like the results...but went back to weight back, 9' Proto head set to 10.

Just did my fitting at PXG Scottsdale. Currently play the Gen2 0811x 10.5 Smoke Yellow 44.5 (not fit for the shaft). Did a Proto fitting, Gen2 hybrid and putter fitting. James was the gutter and he di

Great write up. Thanks. Really excited for my fitting next Sat.    This will be my third fitting these and they are so good at what they do. They don’t hard sell you and don’t cherry pic data l

20 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Sorry to hear that man. Understand.  If I get fit into it this Sat I may contact you. 

Gotta ask how close the Smoke Yellow and IZ are? Does the IZ have more feel or kick?

It’s hard to say, the heads feel very different.  The M5 feels head heavy compared to the Proto X+.  

• Thanks 1

Taylormade M1 - Fujikura 661 Evo TS
Titleist 915F Diamana S+
Titleist 915h Aldila Rogue 85 black
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X PXI 5.5
2014 Cameron Select Newport
Vokey SM6 50f, 54s, 60m
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/820603-jonesers-whats-in-the-bag-2013-updated-1124/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just did my fitting at PXG Scottsdale. Currently play the Gen2 0811x 10.5 Smoke Yellow 44.5 (not fit for the shaft). Did a Proto fitting, Gen2 hybrid and putter fitting. James was the gutter and he did a great job with my crappy swing. 

He knew right away the 0811x+ head was need because of my AOA, yes a negative AOA, and I needed to 10.5 head for launch. Absolutely love the deep face and shape of this head. They got it right for sure. I did work on getting my AOA a little more level by the end and it showed immediate dividends in spin, launch, and distance increase. 

I told him I did not like the Smoke Yellow amd wanted to try some upcharge shafts. We started with the Ventus Blue and I really liked the feel, but spun too much. Then we tried the GD AD TP and that was money for me. Launch came down to 13*, dropped spin down to 2600, and gained about 10-15 yards. I was able to get the face closed better with this shaft and I loved the feel of it. We did not try another shaft. He said I was getting the best numbers possible for my swing. I loved the driver and felt like a typical PXG club that is just solid. Done deal!

• Like 3

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

3 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Any Proto 3W sightings?

Forget, I asked to see or hit one ... No, the fitters there, which is PXG HQ, have not seen one in person and no info on it yet. 

Edited by OspreyCI

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

49 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Any Proto 3W sightings?

The Gen 2 FWs are pretty awesome.  The ball really jumps off the face.  I used my 3W off the tee on two holes to lay up and almost went in a lake on both holes because it went farther than I thought it would 🙂

• Like 1

PXG 0811X 9º Proto driver

PXG 0341x Gen2 15º  3W. 18º  5W

PXG 0317x Gen2 22º  4h

PXG 0311P Gen3 5-W

PXG 0311 Forged wedges - 50º, 54º, 58º

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat - 33" putter

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  DL - Chopping Block?  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PXG 0811X+ 10.5º Proto driver

PXG 0317x Gen2 25º  5h, 28º  6h, PXG 0311P Gen2 5-G

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled wedges - 52º, 56º, 60º, PXG 0311 Forged 52º & 56º wedges

I have never demo’d a Gen2 3 wood. I keep seeing it’s really good.

Hope the Proto comes out later this year. 

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

Great feedback on the Drivers, I hope to see good results on Tuesday. I tend to hit up on the ball some but have a OTT move so it might cancel the AOA out, I presently play a Honma TR20 440 8.5 with the FP 7X shaft or a GD AD BB7x and he will have to beat it to sell a 0811X.

I hope he does as I play the X flex to keep spin down and I am sure I am leaving yards on the table with my slower SS (mid 90's normally). Too bad about the Proto FW's I was hoping he would have one to try on the truck.