2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

Lobber

That would explain why.  We were trying to bring flight down. I was spinning a ton and high flight.   Needed to bring down flight and spin. 

got to a 13° launch and 104 SS and 2500rpm with 0811X and speeder shaft. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

51 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Haha. My fitter said the same thing when I asked to hit the X. I needed the 10.5 to get the launch up. My trajectory it perfect in the course with it set in the small minus. 

I should not be tinkering, I hit it so well. My partners kept complimenting my driving today. If I am Keeping up with scratch guys 10 years younger, then I should not complain. 

When I got fitted I asked to try and guy said the same thing, although he did let me hit it. The + didn’t control my spin as well and distance suffered like 10+ yards. 
I just play the Proto set a Big + (10.5) to get the launch window I need. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

45 minutes ago, Minarets said:

That would explain why.  We were trying to bring flight down. I was spinning a ton and high flight.   Needed to bring down flight and spin. 

got to a 13° launch and 104 SS and 2500rpm with 0811X and speeder shaft. 

This are great numbers you got! Like  prefect! 

• Thanks 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

7 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

This are great numbers you got! Like  prefect! 

Definitely got the high spinner push that is my miss as well.  But when hit well, that’s what I was looking for. I also put it on the flat setting.

Got the fitting email.  It was the speeder 661 evolution IV in stiff flex. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Something showed up today for the Proto...🤤🤤🤤

B115E374-98F8-4DC6-ACFA-9F2988073E2D.jpeg

7EF1B3D3-5128-4FCF-9748-43BDFF63726C.jpeg

Dude!! No way!! That Camo Ventus is insane. Congrats and going to be a beast setup. You hate it....PM me. I can sell some

plasma or something. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Dude!! No way!! That Camo Ventus is insane. Congrats and going to be a beast setup. You hate it....PM me. I can sell some

plasma or something. 

Lol, if nothing else my love for the color combo will keep it in the bag 😂

• Like 1

Looks cool. Is the camo ventus different? Or just a cooler looking shaft? Limited edition? I don’t know (clearly) anything about it.  

Just now, Minarets said:

Looks cool. Is the camo ventus different? Or just a cooler looking shaft? Limited edition? I don’t know (clearly) anything about it.  

Same shaft profile, but definitely COOLER and yes Limited Edition. 

• Like 1

Still absolutely loving my Proto X+. Only thing that took me a bit to get used to was how ridiculously stable it is on poorly struck shots. My strike pattern is a bit to the toe side, and with my previous driver (XR16), I would get a large amount of gear effect to turn it back onto target. With the Proto, I can't rely on that, but I can comfortably shape it both ways without worrying about overdoing it in either direction.

PXG 0811X+ 10.5* (12*)

CW Epic Flash 5W 

TM M3 3H & 4H

TM RocketBladez HL 5-PW

W/S PMP 52*, 56*, 60*

Cleveland HB Soft #1

reading all the awesome reviews in here makes me sad its middle November in Chicago so practically no golf for me.... the 3 rounds with the Proto X for me were the 3 best driving rounds of the year!!!

I played a custom fit SIM Max all year and really had no issues except the setup was a little slow. The KBS TD shaft is great and was very accurate for me, but it also was 2mph slower than everything we tested at the fitting. At the time I really didnt mind the 5-7 yards of distance loss bc it kept my misses more in play

fast forward to a month ago and the Proto X with Tensei Pro Orange was over 4mph faster, 12* launch, 2200 spin, and even more accurate. For the first time ever Im going in the offseason not needing or wanting to upgrade the driver.....but lets face it, as a ho ill be picking up the SIM 2.0 lol. Being 100% honest tho, IMO, the Proto drivers are the best on the market by far. Add in the low price and its also the best deal out too

• Like 2

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

23 minutes ago, JoeFrigo said:

reading all the awesome reviews in here makes me sad its middle November in Chicago so practically no golf for me.... the 3 rounds with the Proto X for me were the 3 best driving rounds of the year!!!

I played a custom fit SIM Max all year and really had no issues except the setup was a little slow. The KBS TD shaft is great and was very accurate for me, but it also was 2mph slower than everything we tested at the fitting. At the time I really didnt mind the 5-7 yards of distance loss bc it kept my misses more in play

fast forward to a month ago and the Proto X with Tensei Pro Orange was over 4mph faster, 12* launch, 2200 spin, and even more accurate. For the first time ever Im going in the offseason not needing or wanting to upgrade the driver.....but lets face it, as a ho ill be picking up the SIM 2.0 lol. Being 100% honest tho, IMO, the Proto drivers are the best on the market by far. Add in the low price and its also the best deal out too

Great deal only if you use a stock shaft.  Mine was $650 after the speeder and tax. 

25 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Great deal only if you use a stock shaft.  Mine was $650 after the speeder and tax. 

I look at it as a way to justify an upcharge shaft....$365 for stock is incredible. With the Tensei Pro Orange I paid $700 total including shipping, taxes, and for a weight kit. That same setup would be $800 or more including shipping and taxes for any other OEM

I still look at $700 as a deal.... but I know what you're saying at $365 stock is a great deal compared to everything else offered currently

Edited by JoeFrigo
  • Like 2

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

Agree 

Also, are the PXG stock shafts 45”? I felt like my demo was shorter than my stock length epic flash sub zero. 

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

Also, are the PXG stock shafts 45”? I felt like my demo was shorter than my stock length epic flash sub zero. 

Stock Pxg length is 45”...I believe Callaway is 45.75”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

yes although mine is a 1/4shorter than the TSi3 I have that was made at 45

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

I just learned about this massive sale and scheduled a fitting for next Tue (hope to do irons and driver).

I've read the 15 pages and believe the Proto X+ has promise (I hit up on the ball).  What I'm surprised by is that there are very few posts where people have said "the PXG couldn't beat my Ping or SIM or Mavrik or Speedzone." 

My miss is low on the face and I need something that either helps me get higher on the face or can help reduce spin on a thin, flippy hit.  Anyone have a similar miss and gotten good results with the PXG?  It will compete against a Cobra F8/HZRDUS Smoke.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond/Mitsubishi Pro White Tensei 1k

Callaway Epic Speed 3w

Honma TR21 5w
Callaway Rogue JDM 21 & 24 hybrids

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-AW

Callaway MD5 52/Full-Toe 58

Odyssey O-works #7s

43 minutes ago, hanfrac said:

I just learned about this massive sale and scheduled a fitting for next Tue (hope to do irons and driver).

I've read the 15 pages and believe the Proto X+ has promise (I hit up on the ball).  What I'm surprised by is that there are very few posts where people have said "the PXG couldn't beat my Ping or SIM or Mavrik or Speedzone." 

My miss is low on the face and I need something that either helps me get higher on the face or can help reduce spin on a thin, flippy hit.  Anyone have a similar miss and gotten good results with the PXG?  It will compete against a Cobra F8/HZRDUS Smoke.

My misses are low and sometimes flippy and the + works really well. Now keeping up with my scratch partners that are 15 years younger. Lol

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

22 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

My misses are low and sometimes flippy and the + works really well. Now keeping up with my scratch partners that are 15 years younger. Lol

Thanks.  I see you have the 0211's.  My primary goal is to check out the irons and am debating the 0211's vs. the 0311 Gen 2's.  At 57 years old and starting to feel like my swing speed isn't what it used to be, I feel like I should focus more on forgiveness (playing Apex/Apex Pro CF19 combos and like them pretty well, but losing distance) than playing a small, pretty head.  Did you compare the 2?  The looks of the Gen 2's wins, but ultimately, I want to score better.

I like the idea of the progressive set, vs. getting a mix-and-match combo set.  Reminds me of my old Armour 845's.  With my Apex combo's, I do feel a gap betw where the Apex's end and the Pro's begin.

Callaway Epic Speed 3w

Honma TR21 5w

Odyssey O-works #7s

7 minutes ago, hanfrac said:

Thanks.  I see you have the 0211's.  My primary goal is to check out the irons and am debating the 0211's vs. the 0311 Gen 2's.  At 57 years old and starting to feel like my swing speed isn't what it used to be, I feel like I should focus more on forgiveness (playing Apex/Apex Pro CF19 combos and like them pretty well, but losing distance) than playing a small, pretty head.  Did you compare the 2?  The looks of the Gen 2's wins, but ultimately, I want to score better.

I like the idea of the progressive set, vs. getting a mix-and-match combo set.  Reminds me of my old Armour 845's.  With my Apex combo's, I do feel a gap betw where the Apex's end and the Pro's begin.

This is my second set of 0211’s. Perfect blend of forgiveness and distance. Short stint with Gen3 0311T’s are they are too demanding for me. Gen2 P’s vs 0211’s were identical for me during a fitting. I went with the cheaper and glad I did. 0211’s are THAT good.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 minutes ago, hanfrac said:

I did not try the 0211s but I did buy the 0311P Gen 2 irons w/Modus 105s - coming from Titleist AP3/TT AMT Black shafts and then moving once more to 0311P Gen 3 w/TT Elevate 95 shafts.  I am 59 and been playing forever (nearly 50 years).  

I have always played heavier iron shafts - starting with Dynamic, then Dynamic Gold and many others.  The move to the 105s was a big plus to be able to have better feel of the club.  The move to the Gen 3s and the Elevate 95 shafts was a big step in club feel.

I think the Gen 2s and Gen 3s are pretty close.  Gen 3s are better but not worth the $ diff if that difference is an issue for the budget.  I would definitely try out a range of shafts.  My Gen3s with the light shafts are awesome - heavy swing weight that I can crank because of the weight.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

8 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I did not try the 0211s but I did buy the 0311P Gen 2 irons w/Modus 105s - coming from Titleist AP3/TT AMT Black shafts and then moving once more to 0311P Gen 3 w/TT Elevate 95 shafts.  I am 59 and been playing forever (nearly 50 years).  

I have always played heavier iron shafts - starting with Dynamic, then Dynamic Gold and many others.  The move to the 105s was a big plus to be able to have better feel of the club.  The move to the Gen 3s and the Elevate 95 shafts was a big step in club feel.

I think the Gen 2s and Gen 3s are pretty close.  Gen 3s are better but not worth the $ diff if that difference is an issue for the budget.  I would definitely try out a range of shafts.  My Gen3s with the light shafts are awesome - heavy swing weight that I can crank because of the weight.

Sounds like we're pretty similar.  I've been playing for 50 years as well and have generally played shafts on the heavier side.  Tried graphite a few years ago and didn't like it, went to C Taper Lites currently.  Will be interesting to see if I'm more comfortable with Elevate Tours vs. Elevate 95's.

Also sounds like the Gen 2 0311P and 0211 are very similar, so I'll need to determine if there's a difference in it for me that justifies more money.  I don't see jumping to Gen 3's.

Other decisions will be whether to get a 4i or GW (got a 4i with the Apex's - almost never carry it, go back and forth between Apex Pro AW and MD4 50 deg - AW definitely goes further and fills the distance gap.  MD4 50 more comfortable for partial shots and long bunker shots and so on.

Callaway Epic Speed 3w

Honma TR21 5w

Odyssey O-works #7s

0211 4 iron is my favorite club in the bag. I even kept it when I using the Gen3 0311T’s. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, hanfrac said:

Sounds like we're pretty similar.  I've been playing for 50 years as well and have generally played shafts on the heavier side.  Tried graphite a few years ago and didn't like it, went to C Taper Lites currently.  Will be interesting to see if I'm more comfortable with Elevate Tours vs. Elevate 95's.

Also sounds like the Gen 2 0311P and 0211 are very similar, so I'll need to determine if there's a difference in it for me that justifies more money.  I don't see jumping to Gen 3's.

Other decisions will be whether to get a 4i or GW (got a 4i with the Apex's - almost never carry it, go back and forth between Apex Pro AW and MD4 50 deg - AW definitely goes further and fills the distance gap.  MD4 50 more comfortable for partial shots and long bunker shots and so on.

I have the 22º hybrid and love it.  On the low end I have 50º-54º-58º with the Elevate Tours in them and love the wedges - at $149 they are a steal IMO.  Good luck and let us know how the fitting goes.  

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

7 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I have the 22º hybrid and love it.  On the low end I have 50º-54º-58º with the Elevate Tours in them and love the wedges - at $149 they are a steal IMO.  Good luck and let us know how the fitting goes.  

I have the 19 hybrid and just order a 50 and 54 0311 forged wedges. 3 week build time. Can’t wait. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

How long was the lead time on orders for the driver? Website shows the order is in status “items picked/in assembly”. Can’t imagine putting together a driver takes much time.  Head+shaft and grip.