2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

Lobber

8 minutes ago, Minarets said:

I gotta remember to move the heavy weight where the miss is. 

I had it in the low spin setting and loved it for a round but lost a few out to the right.   So I moved it to the heel side to try and turn it over some in round 2 and I hit them dead straight. I need to move it to the toe or back to low spin and leave it for more than a round.  With as little as I’m playing practicing because of weather could just be open faces and bad swings.  

There is nothing that says you have to stay with the weights that came with the driver 🙂  They recently made all of their weights available for order on their website.  I am going to order 7.5, 12.5 and 17.5 ones so that I can really play around with the setup and see what happens.  You can order 2 for $15 and specify each weight.  They also changed their kit offerings.

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

48 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

There is nothing that says you have to stay with the weights that came with the driver 🙂  They recently made all of their weights available for order on their website.  I am going to order 7.5, 12.5 and 17.5 ones so that I can really play around with the setup and see what happens.  You can order 2 for $15 and specify each weight.  They also changed their kit offerings.

Had no clue.  The stock one is 15g?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

29 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Had no clue.  The stock one is 15g?

Yes - 3 x 2.5g and 1 x 15g.  I swapped the 15g for a 20g.  Have also run 5g in front and 15g in back with 2.5g in either side.  What I want to mess with is similar overall weight but try moving it around - like 7.5g in toe and heel, with  2.5g front and 10g in the heel.  Or anything I can think of.  Should be a fun project 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Would be interesting to try 5-5-5-7.5 arrangement for a balanced weighting. 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

13 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Yes - 3 x 2.5g and 1 x 15g.  I swapped the 15g for a 20g.  Have also run 5g in front and 15g in back with 2.5g in either side.  What I want to mess with is similar overall weight but try moving it around - like 7.5g in toe and heel, with  2.5g front and 10g in the heel.  Or anything I can think of.  Should be a fun project 🙂 

With only 2 to order I think I’d want one heavier so 17.5 or 20 and one less (lighter) 12.5.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Would be interesting to try 5-5-5-7.5 arrangement for a balanced weighting. 

Exactly!  That is a setup I want to try - among many others 🙂  I want to have like 2.5g differential from side to side to see how the shot shape changes.  If I could dial in a reliable flight with a weight setup, that would be very cool.  I will report back once I do more testing and buy more weights.

• Like 1

Thanks and I just ordered 12.5/17.5 to keep my swing weight same at D4 with various shafts I have to test. 

Looking forward to hearing your results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

Thanks and I just ordered 12.5/17.5 to keep my swing weight same at D4 with various shafts I have to test. 

Looking forward to hearing your results. 

How was shipping? 

4 minutes ago, Minarets said:

How was shipping? 

I think it was $6 or $7. Standard ground. I’m picking it up so I didn’t have to pay that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

I think it was $6 or $7. Standard ground. I’m picking it up so I didn’t have to pay that. 

Nice. Just wasn’t sure if we should expect the “1 club” shipping everyone complains about from PXG.  🤭

Just now, Minarets said:

Nice. Just wasn’t sure if we should expect the “1 club” shipping everyone complains about from PXG.  🤭

Yeah not for the smaller packages. You are good to go. Let us know how it works out

• Like 1

Same to you. 

Will do. I got shaft testing to do and really ordered the weights to make sure the swing weight stays consistent with different shaft balance points and weight. 

I have an Accra TZ6 M4, Fuji Speeder TR 661S, Fuji Atmos TS Blue 6S tipped 1/2”, Mitsu Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S tipped 1/2”, and the stock Diamana S+ 60X, which I love all playing 44.5” at D4 so should be a similar shootout to my SIM tour issue head. 

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

Will do. I got shaft testing to do and really ordered the weights to make sure the swing weight stays consistent with different shaft balance points and weight. 

I have an Accra TZ6 M4, Fuji Speeder TR 661S, Fuji Atmos TS Blue 6S tipped 1/2”, Mitsu Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S tipped 1/2”, and the stock Diamana S+ 60X, which I love all playing 44.5” at D4 so should be a similar shootout to my SIM tour issue head. 

I have the Speeder 661 in mine.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Minarets said:

I gotta remember to move the heavy weight where the miss is. 

I had it in the low spin setting and loved it for a round but lost a few out to the right.   So I moved it to the heel side to try and turn it over some in round 2 and I hit them dead straight. I need to move it to the toe or back to low spin and leave it for more than a round.  With as little as I’m playing practicing because of weather could just be open faces and bad swings.  

Not sure why, but it sounds even more muted, which is good, when the heavy weight is in the toe. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

31 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Not sure why, but it sounds even more muted, which is good, when the heavy weight is in the toe. 

I did not mess around that much but I thought the entire feel was effected big time with the heavy in the toe.  That was why I want to mess around with fine increments to see what can be done.  I just ordered 7.5, 12.5 and 17.5g weight, along with another Gen 2 hybrid.  I will start my testing when I can get to the Top Tracer range here.  It will no doubt take two sessions to hit all the combos I want and to verify the good ones.

• Like 4

I've had the chance to do a couple of outdoor range sessions and two indoor sessions with a GC quad. I've settled on the following settings. Proto X+ in the flat minus (-1 loft, -2.5 lie) with the heavy weight in front and a 5 gm weight in the heel (2.5 in the other two positions). My spin and trajectory are good (was too high with heavy weight in back) and have a straight to 5 yd draw. Using a GD Tour BB shaft.

Compared to my SIM Max (which was the best driver I had had before this - and there were quite a few), the Proto X+ is much more consistent. 1 out of 10 times I would hit a super long one with the SIM Max but the dispersion was not as good as the Proto X+, and I had a baby fade to straight flight. For both I have been using the GD BB shaft - interestingly I've gotten to the same loft (9.5) for both but from different directions. I think the flat setting is one of the reasons I like the PXG. 

I'm still playing around with the Diamana S+ but right now I'm going with the BB.

It will be interesting to see whether the Gen 4 drivers are improved over the Proto X+. However, I'm pretty happy the Proto X+, especially since I got it at the $325 price. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, wchahn said:

I've had the chance to do a couple of outdoor range sessions and two indoor sessions with a GC quad. I've settled on the following settings. Proto X+ in the flat minus (-1 loft, -2.5 lie) with the heavy weight in front and a 5 gm weight in the heel (2.5 in the other two positions). My spin and trajectory are good (was too high with heavy weight in back) and have a straight to 5 yd draw. Using a GD Tour BB shaft.

Compared to my SIM Max (which was the best driver I had had before this - and there were quite a few), the Proto X+ is much more consistent. 1 out of 10 times I would hit a super long one with the SIM Max but the dispersion was not as good as the Proto X+, and I had a baby fade to straight flight. For both I have been using the GD BB shaft - interestingly I've gotten to the same loft (9.5) for both but from different directions. I think the flat setting is one of the reasons I like the PXG. 

I'm still playing around with the Diamana S+ but right now I'm going with the BB.

It will be interesting to see whether the Gen 4 drivers are improved over the Proto X+. However, I'm pretty happy the Proto X+, especially since I got it at the $325 price. 

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to hit mine tomorrow with the S+ Limited 60X. Heavy weight front to start as that was what gave me best results from my fitting. Interesting, I don’t remember ever trying the heavy in the rear setting which should effectively raise MOI and forgiveness a bit I would think. Also coming from a SIM Max, then Max D, then standard SIM Tour Issue. I already love the deeper face with more conservative address look like my Gen 2 hybrids. I think the “look” has a lot to do with success any club fit. This one is just the best 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wchahn said:

Edited by OldmanWatty
Error

13 hours ago, wchahn said:

I found the proto X+ to fit me best in the same setting (-1 in the flat setting) with the weight front.  If I want a little more spin/launch (wet days) moving it to the back added a bit of both.  

I really liked my XF but this was definitely longer with similar dispersion.  I’m also ordering some more weights to tinker.  For the price these drivers are fantastic...

The hybrids and woods are even more insane at a price in line with Cally Pre- Owned!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CC Stryder said:

I found the proto X+ to fit me best in the same setting (-1 in the flat setting) with the weight front.  If I want a little more spin/launch (wet days) moving it to the back added a bit of both.  

I really liked my XF but this was definitely longer with similar dispersion.  I’m also ordering some more weights to tinker.  For the price these drivers are fantastic...

The hybrids and woods are even more insane at a price in line with Cally Pre- Owned!

Do you naturally hit a draw?  Flat and -1 would both open the face. I have those settings on my hybrids but also had weight in the heel. Hitting my driver with too much spin so would like to go to -1

29 minutes ago, OldmanWatty said:

Do you naturally hit a draw?  Flat and -1 would both open the face. I have those settings on my hybrids but also had weight in the heel. Hitting my driver with too much spin so would like to go to -1

Yes, I play a draw naturally and my miss is left.  I have always historically ordered a 10.5 and lofted down for that reason.  I found the flat setting in the 410 line and it was a whole new world!

On trackman and I tried it at -1 regular and -1 flat.  The regular was still marginally left of the center line, the -1 flat kept it center or slightly right.  

• Thanks 1

So to summarize my ho-ness over the past week, I have on order:

0811X+ from PXG(should have ordered from DD but I'm not real bright)

0211 19* Hybrid from PXG. DD does not carry this line yet.

0341 Gen2 5 wood. $145 shipped. COME ON. From DD.

0317X 17* hybrid. $135 shipped. SERIOUSLY. From DD.

The 17* and 19* will fight it out for a spot(all about the gapping between 4 iron and the 5 wood). Loser gets sold. 

• Like 3

Yankees Suck

3 minutes ago, yellolab said:

The 17* and 19* will fight it out for a spot(all about the gapping between 4 iron and the 5 wood). Loser gets sold. 

So what's wrong with this activity? 🤣  Nothing unusual from my perspective...   You actually got some fantastic deals!  I want to hear some feedback on all the 0211 stuff.  PXG has been fun to watch - from my wallet's perspective it has been an active 9 months worth of ho'ing 🙂 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, yellolab said:

Couldn’t agree more!  At the price I wasn’t going to order PXG without a demo/fitting which isn’t around my area other than Oakmont, so I never considered it.

At these prices, it’s hard to pass up and every piece I acquire I love a little more than the last.  I just added some Gen3 0311T so hoping that trend continues.  I’m probably going back for an 0311x 5 iron to compliment my 3 or maybe a 5 hybrid too.  I debated a 19 but I really like the 5 wood...

so I guess I’ll order some additional weights and either a Closer with a flow neck or a one and done with the slant!

I currently play an st190 with black atmos ts. Around November, I started toying with a negative angle of attack with driver. It definitely tightened up my dispersion and didn’t really lose that much distance. Played yesterday and had a couple 270+. Probably averaged 255 over all though. Got an itch for a new driver and have never hit or considered pxg. I stumbled onto the proto x. After reading that it’s designed for a negative aoa, I bought one. Again, sight unseen or hit. I purchased the regular proto x with an Accra zx5 shaft. I’ve also never hit that shaft either. Hopefully it ships today or tomorrow. I’ll let you guys know how it works out. 🤞 

Where can I find the shaft again of settings for the hosel?