PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

Lobber

10 minutes ago, yellolab said:

0211 hybrid and 0811X+ have landed. Cannot express how much I love the look at address of both of them.

best thing: they included a sticker:)

worst: no torque wrench(packing slip says there there is one)

8F432CF7-3FB1-4196-9856-39AD4A12A8B7.jpeg

DF3EEA0B-08ED-484D-A412-2120B98D205C.jpeg

70FE956B-2EAA-4B49-9F01-D04855FC5D26.jpeg

48A186BE-974D-467D-AA3D-4306DA561F98.jpeg

D748E7F6-543F-478E-9D5F-7563B9CF6120.jpeg

The "Yankees Suck" cracks me up every time - I have no skin in the game, it just is hilarious .

Funny how the 0211 hybrid looks so similar to the 0317x hybrid - the only difference I see is a less smooth transition from the lower toe up to the toe at the crown - I thought with that chunkier face that you could see it more easily - nicely done PXG.       

The driver looks similar to the Proto X+ with what looks like less Heel Toe length and more crown area.  Thanks for sharing those - I would love to see face and crown side-by-side comparison of the various models.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

3 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

The "Yankees Suck" cracks me up every time - I have no skin in the game, it just is hilarious .

Funny how the 0211 hybrid looks so similar to the 0317x hybrid - the only difference I see is a less smooth transition from the lower toe up to the toe at the crown - I thought with that chunkier face that you could see it more easily - nicely done PXG.       

The driver looks similar to the Proto X+ with what looks like less Heel Toe length and more crown area.  Thanks for sharing those - I would love to see face and crown side-by-side comparison of the various models.

Re compare pics: I have the 0317x 17*(the 0211 in the pic above is 19*)hybrid inbound, tracking not showing delivery date yet, maybe later this week, but will post compare pics then.

Re "yankees suck". Just stating facts.

Yankees Suck

I broke down and ordered a 0811X Proto with a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70g X flex. That price was just too good to pass up.  I'm not big on buying clubs without hitting them, but the closest PXG fitter is 3 hours from me.  I have HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g X flex in my fairway woods, so I figured it was close enough.  They didn't apparently have the black in driver.  

I'm pretty excited to hit it.  I've hit PXG woods and irons a few times but only in regular shafts.  One of my playing buddies is a little older and a retired veteran.  I've only ever hit his PXG stuff and plays regular shaft, so I always throttled back quite a bit when I swung.  

Hopefully this set-up works out.  I was in the market for a new driver this year, and it would end up being a couple hundred less than I thought I'd spend.  

• Like 1

Titleist 917 D2 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X

Taylormade SIM Max 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5

Ping G410 18.5* Tensei CK Orange 70X

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-PW NS Pro Modus 3 120S

Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58* NS Pro Modus 3 120S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

2 hours ago, yellolab said:

0211 hybrid and 0811X+ have landed. Cannot express how much I love the look at address of both of them.

best thing: they included a sticker:)

worst: no torque wrench(packing slip says there there is one)

8F432CF7-3FB1-4196-9856-39AD4A12A8B7.jpeg

DF3EEA0B-08ED-484D-A412-2120B98D205C.jpeg

70FE956B-2EAA-4B49-9F01-D04855FC5D26.jpeg

48A186BE-974D-467D-AA3D-4306DA561F98.jpeg

D748E7F6-543F-478E-9D5F-7563B9CF6120.jpeg

FYI, if you drop them a quick email they'll ship you a wrench right out, no questions asked. I had the same thing with my order in the fall and they UPS'd me one right away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I’m not a hybrid guy, but I love how that thing sits. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, AllyOops said:

I didn't notice a difference in swing weight, and I hit them back to back. What I did notice, is that the 12.5 felt better to me on slight mis hits than the 15g up front. Again, I don't have numbers to back any of this up, but I think the mis hits went further. I've booked an hour on Trackman Thursday at the inside range. I'll compare the numbers from last week when I had the 15g up front compared to the 12.5g this week. Then Saturday I have to give the 12.5g back to my brother. Hopefully my weights I ordered Friday from PXG will be here by then. They haven't shipped them out yet 😪 

Was just wondering about your "ship date" on the weights you ordered. I just placed an online order for 4 weights, and it said estimated build 02/12/2021! Surely it cant take that long to put 4 weights in a box? Thanks

34 minutes ago, 4cowboys said:

Was just wondering about your "ship date" on the weights you ordered. I just placed an online order for 4 weights, and it said estimated build 02/12/2021! Surely it cant take that long to put 4 weights in a box? Thanks

Their order fulfillment is awful IMO.  There is a standard marker date that goes down and then it will get updated when that estimate goes away and it says items picked for assembly - then it goes.  But it also might show as shipped liked mine did on Friday and then not get with FedEx until today - then it takes two days for my shipments to leave Phoenix - no clue why that is, but it has done that on every shipment.  Usually takes about 7 days to go from Phoenix to Cincinnati - torture for a club ho 🙂

The accessories and clothes ship much more quickly but transit is usually the same.  Amazon has killed our patience

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 4cowboys said:

I called Monday morning and spoke to Claire. She was in a good mood, because she let me cancel my weights order. I ordered 4, but I don't have the time to be fussing with this driver anymore. I'm not giving the 12.5g back to my brother I decided. I'll throw him 20 bucks Saturday and tell him to deal. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Edited by evoviiiyou
  • Thanks 4

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

That vid is me right now.  I have the 15g behind the face and then the rest are 2.5? Or 5? Anyway most of my shorts are that users in the vid.  Just a straight shot down the right side. I tried tonight in the toe and it just didn’t feel good.  Wonder if I could hit it with a weight out of the head??

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Very cool video, but why not mess with loft and lie, and maybe weight in the back.  So many other options in that head and not trying them leaves a lot of questions unanswered.  It might yield nothing, but unless you try something you have no clue,  All of the ball strikes they showed were central but on the low side.  He might have gotten the customer more in the upper part of the face for potentially a slightly higher launch with less spin.

I got my extra shaft today so I am hoping to hit balls at the range tomorrow to mess around with weights

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CC Stryder said:

Makes me excited for my 5 and 7.5 I have coming.  12.5 front and 5 or 7.5 toe set in -1 flat is my plan on paper but so many options to try!

Good luck.  I spent a couple of hours hitting 30 weight combos in the X and X+ and then two shafts in the X, and I am on to my latest holy grail setup of 5 in toe, and sides and 15 in the back.  I need the x.5 weights to play around with biasing weight in the toe.  I think this head does not feel good when I have a 5g difference from side to side and I want to try more subtle distributions.

2.5 in the front and 10g everywhere else was a cool setup too.  The heavier I went a fade came into the picture, because it got harder to time the swing with so much weight.

I see quite a few range sessions in my future after the other weights come in.  I also messed with the loft settings as well.  Came back to 9.5º for the X+and 10.5º for the X.  I could get more distance lofting the X down (to 9º or 10º), but those settings came at the price of accuracy and consistency.  Same thing with moving the weight forward.  I am not looking for the occasional bombs (in play).

Lastly - the X and X+ are extremely close clubs, X spins a touch less.  I think with time and a good weight collection you can dial in either one.  If you have both you will torture yourself with trying to figure out how to make them the same and that does not matter 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to hit another bucket this afternoon and so far best yields are down to two options on the Proto+ Listed below. Using the little minus on loft sleeve (59.5 lie and 9.5 loft) for both weight configurations.

Note: I do love the slightly open address look at set up as it seems to take the left side off the table. Both SW D4 on the Tensei AV Blue Raw 6S at 44.5”

Option 1)

7.5 front 

5 toe

2.5 heel

2.5 rear 

Option 2)

7.5 front

2.5 toe

2.5 heel

5 rear 

Getting close to a gamer set up that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Going to hit another bucket this afternoon and so far best yields are down to two options on the Proto+ Listed below. Using the little minus on loft sleeve (59.5 lie and 9.5 loft) for both weight configurations.

Note: I do love the slightly open address look at set up as it seems to take the left side off the table. Both SW D4 on the Tensei AV Blue Raw 6S at 44.5”

Option 1)

7.5 front 

5 toe

2.5 heel

2.5 rear 

Option 2)

7.5 front

2.5 toe

2.5 heel

5 rear 

We'll wait and see when the signature changes to verify gamer status has been achieved 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

Option 1)

7.5 front 

5 toe

2.5 heel

2.5 rear 

Option 2)

7.5 front

2.5 toe

2.5 heel

5 rear 

Your option 1 looks like it could be good for me. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Soooo,

Thanks to this thread I picked up a Proto X about a month ago.  I now have also acquired an X+ as well.  Here are my thoughts after some weeks of mid winter testing outside and on the simulators at PGA superstore:

I usually seem to fit best into 10.5 drivers at 44.75" with my 100mph SS and +3 average attack angle.  With that in mind, I started testing the Proto X with the 15g weight in the back and loft set up to 10.5.  This worked well but I didn't like the sound when the weight was back.  Much better sound with the weight forward.  I sent it out and had 5g of neutral hotmelt for sound dampening added to it by one of our great Golfwrx members.  While waiting for it to come back, I purchased the X+ and some additional weights (10g and 12.5g) to tinker with.  I have tried them all now with several different shafts, weights, lofts, and configurations.  Here is the shaft list:

TPT 16 MKP MT SW  

TPT 15 Hi 

Ventus Black 6s

Accra TZ6 65 M4

AD TP 6s

AD DI 6s

AD DI 7s

AD IZ 6s

Tensei Orange V2 60s

Kuro Kage Silver Proto 60ts

Diamana ZF 60s

Of all these, my favorite combo is the 5g hot melted Proto X set at 9* standard with the 12.5g weight in the toe.  I can hammer this and it will not go left.  Best combo of launch, ball speed, and accuracy as well.  The ZF seems to launch higher than any of the shafts above but the 9* X head keeps the spin in the perfect range.  ZF in the X+ hit moon balls.  Only the Ventus and the TPT 16 seemed to keep the launch and spin down for me with the X+ head.  I really didn't care for either one of these combos as I prefer a smoother and more active feeling in my driver shafts.

The X+ definitely sits more open and sounds better without modification.  The X spins less and has a hotter face but needed hotmelt added to get a better sound.   I did not try opening up the X+ to 9* because it looks very open to start with and just doesn't really suit my eye.

The Diamana ZF shaft has been magic for me in my SIM so I'm not at all surprised it works well in the Proto X.  Proto X and SIM 10.5 seem to have the same launch window and spin for me.  I could play either one and be happy.   X+ launches way higher.    Not sure I am going to change from the SIM yet, but thanks to everyone in this tread who has made Golfwrx so great!!!!!

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

44 minutes ago, skisnutz said:

Soooo,

Thanks to this thread I picked up a Proto X about a month ago.  I now have also acquired an X+ as well.  Here are my thoughts after some weeks of mid winter testing outside and on the simulators at PGA superstore:

I usually seem to fit best into 10.5 drivers at 44.75" with my 100mph SS and +3 average attack angle.  With that in mind, I started testing the Proto X with the 15g weight in the back and loft set up to 10.5.  This worked well but I didn't like the sound when the weight was back.  Much better sound with the weight forward.  I sent it out and had 5g of neutral hotmelt for sound dampening added to it by one of our great Golfwrx members.  While waiting for it to come back, I purchased the X+ and some additional weights (10g and 12.5g) to tinker with.  I have tried them all now with several different shafts, weights, lofts, and configurations.  Here is the shaft list:

TPT 16 MKP MT SW  

TPT 15 Hi 

Ventus Black 6s

Accra TZ6 65 M4

AD TP 6s

AD DI 6s

AD DI 7s

AD IZ 6s

Tensei Orange V2 60s

Kuro Kage Silver Proto 60ts

Diamana ZF 60s

Of all these, my favorite combo is the 5g hot melted Proto X set at 9* standard with the 12.5g weight in the toe.  I can hammer this and it will not go left.  Best combo of launch, ball speed, and accuracy as well.  The ZF seems to launch higher than any of the shafts above but the 9* X head keeps the spin in the perfect range.  ZF in the X+ hit moon balls.  Only the Ventus and the TPT 16 seemed to keep the launch and spin down for me with the X+ head.  I really didn't care for either one of these combos as I prefer a smoother and more active feeling in my driver shafts.

The X+ definitely sits more open and sounds better without modification.  The X spins less and has a hotter face but needed hotmelt added to get a better sound.   I did not try opening up the X+ to 9* because it looks very open to start with and just doesn't really suit my eye.

The Diamana ZF shaft has been magic for me in my SIM so I'm not at all surprised it works well in the Proto X.  Proto X and SIM 10.5 seem to have the same launch window and spin for me.  I could play either one and be happy.   X+ launches way higher.    Not sure I am going to change from the SIM yet, but thanks to everyone in this tread who has made Golfwrx so great!!!!!

Awesome write up with one heck of a shaft listing!  We are almost identical in that I always play a 10.5 at 44.75 but usually set it a degree lower to open the face.  The X+ is launching for me at around 14 with 2200 spin so it’s pretty darn good...but this doesn’t help me not want to try the X at all!  I mean, how much more am I going to get out of my swing at this point?!

7431C322-0A03-40CD-BC2A-715838F36AFF.jpeg.4e226622353a374c8b87b0d4796c1f4e.jpeg

Edited by CC Stryder
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CC Stryder said:

Awesome write up...and we are almost identical.  I always play a 10.5 at 44.75 but usually set it a degree lower to open the face.  The X+ is launching for me at around 13 with 2200 spin so it’s pretty darn good...but this doesn’t help me not want to try the X at all!

That’s one heck of a shaft listing...wow!

CC,

Exactly my usual set up.  Played 400 Max 10.5 set to 9.5 to open the face for a couple of years.  The Sim I keep at 10.5 with slider weight in the toe.  I think the X just launches a bit higher than most 9* heads and that is why it seems to work for me at this time.  I launched the X+ at 16-17* and the X at 14-15*.  There was only about 400rpm spin between the two for me.  I did hit some low spin bombs on the high toe with the X+ that carried for days.  FWIW, the IZ in the X at 9* was awesome and the TP in the X+ at 10.5* was really good as well.  Seems like lots of folks have had success with the TP in these heads.

Edited by skisnutz
  • Like 1

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

I really like the AD TP in my Proto+, but very interested in the Diamana ZF for a little more launch and not increase spin. Never tried a ZF though. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I’ve said it somewhere on here before, but my set up that just works is the Proto X set to 10.5 with Ventura Blue 6s playing 45”.  I’ve got the weight back but really want to mess with getting others weights just to see what it does, although I probably shouldn’t even mess with it. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

5 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

We'll wait and see when the signature changes to verify gamer status has been achieved 🙂 

Updated signature and yes it’s in the bag for sat and sun this coming weekend. 

Hit about 75 balls and really love this set up. Settled on small - loft sleeve and below.  Hit a lot of straight balls perfect trajectory and my misses were slight fades. Completely took the left side out! This alone is worth a couple shots a round. Pretty stoked. 

Weight Option 1)

7.5 front 

5 toe

2.5 heel

2.5 rear 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Your option 1 looks like it could be good for me. 

It’s the one. I’m dialed. No more tinkering and set till SIM 2 arrives 😆 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

It’s the one. I’m dialed. No more tinkering and set till SIM 2 arrives 😆 

Now that is the battle I want to know about. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

Updated signature and yes it’s in the bag for sat and sun this coming weekend. 

Hit about 75 balls and really love this set up. Settled on small - loft sleeve and below.  Hit a lot of straight balls perfect trajectory and my misses were slight fades. Completely took the left side out! This alone is worth a couple shots a round. Pretty stoked. 

Weight Option 1)

7.5 front 

5 toe

2.5 heel

2.5 rear 

This is exactly the set up I’m probably going to rock except I may go with the -1 PXG flat and will tinker with 12.5 and 5 first...

I will say the weight forward on these is not nearly as punishing as it is on my Sub Zeros of past.  And it definitely adds a little more pop to it.

Edited by CC Stryder
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Now that is the battle I want to know about. 

Yeah should be interesting SIM 2 is coming with Ventus Red 6S tipped 1/2” or 3/4” builders discretion and a Diamana TB 6S tipped 1/2” like my Tensei AV Raw Blue. 

I always end up in a “blue” shaft for the smoothness. It seems helps with sequence and tempo early in a round when cold but have seen better numbers with TZ6 and Tensei White when warm and full speed. Just not as easy and if I get off, wasted tee balls just erk me beyond. 

Hit them straight everyone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CC Stryder said:

This is exactly the set up I’m probably going to rock except I may go with the -1 PXG flat and will tinker with 12.5 and 5 first...

I will say the weight forward on these is not nearly as punishing as it is on my Sub Zeros of past.  And it definitely adds a little more pop to it.

Agreed 100% not crazy differences with heavy front, maybe as it is positioned closer to heal and rear weights and the toe seems further away from the rest of the ports. I think they work as a trio of sorts and definitely a reason the 3 weight Proto Gen 4 is off the table for me. Also a reason I think balance comes with a heavier toe weight for the head in general, to off set the trio a little. 

Due to the balance point of the Tensei AV Raw Blue 6S, the swing weights on my scale is at D4 spot on with any combo of 17.5 grams in the head. This limits the variety of weights I can use quite a bit compared to all that have 20/22.5grams discretionary to work with. Makes it a little more balanced in my “feels” with lesser weight difference from port to port. With the stock Diamana S+ 60X, I did get to play with 20 grams (due to balance point) and really the best set up there was similar to this. 10grams front, 5grams toe and 2.5 heal and back. That shaft almost made the cut but was a lot more fade biased in the set up and then when I lofted back up to 10.5 it was definitely to spinny and high flight for best total distance on the range IMO. 

• Like 1