2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Pro XE

So my Leupold GX-3i2 "disappeared" sadly.......! If I ever find out who made it disappear................... Anyway I was as looking at new ones and picked the Pro XE. Only because I could get it for cost through a connection

I read this thread https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1729834/new-2019-bushnell-pro-xe already.

I have not seen any post recently so wondering for those who own an XE what they think of it now after having it for some time? Thoughts on the elements function, does it seem legit or give wrong numbers?

I read all the horror stories on Bushnell CC, and was leaning towards PP Nx9 HD but at cost the XE was not much more. Seems pretty good but only used it one time. The dial for focus was b*tch to turn the first few times but got it setup now I think.

Thoughts on yours?

Ignore post ... 4-5 days with it and its going back already.

The Bushnell's are crap compared to other brands I have used. Just tells you they pay players to use them since the tout 90% of pros use them......

We had rain this weekend and was not able to get out and play. So finally took it out today to the range (not on course) and the element aspect worked for like 10 minutes......then was gone...... never came back on at the range and when I get home its on again?

The read out to has some "fuzz" - double text to it. I tired to adjust the focus in and out to see if that was the issue and it was not. The focus side too is not the great. I had it on BR4 setting and it was the only way could read the text on the read out. BR1 and BR2 was so faint I was not sure it was even on. BR3 was not mehhh and BR4 seemed 2 times a bright a BR3??

I thought "okay maybe the battery is old" so bought a new battery on the way home thinking maybe it is old from sitting in the box, nope the same with results with either battery and purchased the same "Energizer Lithium" battery that it came with.

Have to admit the quality is really POOR from Bushnell, lucky I dont have to go through Bushnell for return as I know from reading that is NIGHTMARE.

I would stay away from Bushnell and look at other brands for sure. My Leopuld that someone else I guess wanted more then me....! IT was EXCELLENT and clear. Pretty sad as in the hands is feels nice, like well built but what they put inside appears to be garbage. What its supposed to do (internal) that you pay extra for is is so poorly done it is not worth the money for anyone looking to buy one.

The only persistent complaint I've heard is the locking on the flag. And Bushnell says it's because the technology is so accurate that it will only confirm when it's locked perfectly. They recommend shooting to targets on either side of the flag first, and while holding the button down, work back to the flag to get the confirmation (basically, they're saying people don't know how to use the product). Outside of that, I think most of the other reviews are rogue experiences with the product. But when you sell a $350 product for $500, you're bound to have some seriously ticked off people if it's anything but perfect.

• Like 1

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

I agree that perhaps a lot of people don't know how to use a laser properly. I sold my previous Bushnell to a friend and he insisted on trying to lock on to the little reflectors on the flagstick. If it was breezy he would try to follow the action of the flag. Comical to watch. I told him again and again to trash that method and simply aim at the flag itself (or you could still aim at the pole) and while holding the button down simply swipe left of the stick and then right of the stick. The electronics will figure out what's closest and ignore the rest. Only takes a second and I do it one-handed half the time. This is basically what Bushnell is saying in post #4.

Tiger woods in a non-tour event, was using his Bushnell Pro XE by choice in The Match II. It was sitting on the seat of his cart, Bushnell not a sponsor, and you wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't own one/recognize it. I have owned one for 6 months. I can only compare it to my hunting range finders, but it's been great. My only issue with it is that when it calculates slope, it calculates it from the top of the flag, rather than the hole on the ground (at least I think so), and thus, I believe it can be off by 2-3 yards sometimes. But overall, I zap once, it gets me both to the flag and slope adjusted numbers, and I hit greens or close to them when using it way more often than not. Some people hold the button rather than give it one quick press with the flag in the cross hairs. One quick zap, and it gets it 9/10 times for me. If there are short trees or other obstacles right behind the flag, of course it might misread here and there, I just zap a couple more times at it and confirm the flag distance. Between and estimate and 2-3 quick zaps to confirm, it's been spot on for me every time.

I am still loving mine. once you get used to how it locks on its great.

Only complaint now for me is the slope button seems to turn off slightly itself which gets annoying! but that being petty.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Quick responses / updates: (closure) @golfpros1 Funny you mention the $350.00 price range *Ie: cost is less then that if you did not know............. =)@cristphoto The method you note is how I used it. Your dead on, funny to watch people not know how to use one. My Leupold did/does the same, you can hold the button down and "live" pan and get yardage updates constantly as you pan, hit the flag and it beeps, pan the lip of a trap for yardage and back to the flag and locks in..@skaileh I think almost any top range finders are going to be within a yard or two of each other today, heck even some of the phone apps have gotten really good. So here is the part I thought I would love but after a week of frustration figured out it was not much help actually were I live (Granted because it worked only 40% of the time I had it) was the Elements aspect. So being in Colorado when it did work ... if I hit the 200 yard marker on the range it would read 179-180 yards adjusted which would make sense at 10% difference roughly for elevation. Thing is playing here, you already know what club to hit here at 200 yards... which is NOT the club you would hit at sea level. So starting at this elevation it really did not help as much to honest as it was kinda going backwards if that makes sense. NOW if I was coming from sea level and it says play to 179-180... huge help I am sure on picking a club. More so a disadvantage of being here then the actual range finder. @Mully06 Winner Winner...... it was a Lemon...!
So it was sent back through the club i bought it at.
Bushnell called me late yesterday actually about it. (Club had given them my info) Bushnell admitted the optics on mine was messed up,
Needless to say now but there was two things that struck me hard about Bushnell.
First.... at the price they sell them for the QC should be way better. You would think they would check them before they go out if it is the top of line model???
Second and more disappointing is the Customer Service. Yes they called me and the lady who called admitted the optics were not working correctly but after that she was sooo animate that the Elements function/slope was working right. She acted as if I I had no clue on how to use it, which I found funny.
I said I did not disagree that when it worked it seemed to give proper numbers, but as I noted it only worked 40% of the time., I told her I called prior and tried what that Bushnell rep said to do over the weekend. Leave it sitting out of the case a bit to adjust while on the range but it NEVER came on, just the slope function would show, which at times it did not also?? I was more surprised how "vocal" she was that I was doing something wrong ??
Soooo I flat asked her... "Okay since I am wrong...please tell me... how do you turn the elements on if it is not showing the symbol?" No response....then transferred me to a manager.
The manger repeated it was not working properly and offered to send a replacement but I declined based on the CS and QC issues. Besides when I returned it I picked up another Leupold.
Honestly I really I liked the way it felt, solid feeling like the Leupold because of the metal case, full water proof, etc, It feels solid and durable. . They need better QC for what is really is supposed to be doing it seems though and better CS people.
Now that I know, I am just going to chalk the whole thing up to I was unlucky and I got a LEMON and hopefully I am one of the few. That noted though all the reviews you read about Bushnell CS.... yea that seems to be dead true........!