MEMBER REVIEWS: SQAIRZ Golf Shoes! See What Members Are Saying!

I want to give a big shout out to Robert Winskowincz aka Bob. The size 10 shoes I initially got were not a good fit. I should have just listened to Bob and gotten the size 9.5 he recommended. I was just hesitant to do so because of the bad luck I have had with golf shoes these past 3-4 months. Unbeknownst to me, Bob sent me a pair of 9.5 shoes to replace my 10's. Totally not necessary but greatly appreciated. I had my first round with the new size yesterday. I can say my round was much more enjoyable. Even thought I rode in a cart, I still got a lot of steps in and got a real feel for the shoes. 9.5 is definitely the right fit for me and I didn't notice the issues I did in my previous round. I got another round lined up on Monday and I cant't wait to wear these again.

I got my first ever compliment regarding golf shoes with these yesterday. The starter was a young guy. Probably 18 or 19 years old. He said "those are some cool shoes". I told him I was reviewing them for this site and showed him how the alignment works. After wearing several models of the Footjoy, Nike & Adidas, it was nice to see these shoes stand out.

• Like 1

At $200/pr they are on the expensive side but there are other golf shoes out there just as expensive (or more). These are so well made and so sturdy that I sense they will outlast two or three pairs of cheaper golf shoes. I think the "Spikes for Life" program that Sqairz has attests to just how long they believe these will last.

• Like 1

Posted an update to my review on the first page. Really liking these shoes, and it helps that I am playing so well in them.

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

There is a little bit of styling difference between the gray and black with red on the one hand and the white and black with gray on the other. Look at the closeups of the side view of the shoes. That is the only thing I can think of that would account for how that tab is attached differently.

Well I have play 6 rounds in these shoes and 4 of them walking. I have to say I’m impressed. I can’t think of anything negative to say. They are extremely comfortable and stable. I haven’t slipped on time in 6 rounds. Every round I take them off and my feet don’t hurt or feel fatigued. Definitely going to give these a go and maybe even pick up another pair.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

I'm not sure why, but there are some stylistic differences between the different colors. It isn't the exact same shoe, at least on the outside. The black/white and white/red shown on the top of the picture below have some extra stitching around the laces and then back to the heel of the shoe. The black/red and grey/blue on the bottom have a different pattern without the heel side stitching that makes the pull tab more visible.

image.png

• Like 1

I can't say which of the two designs is my favorite - I like both. For those who may be somewhat opposed to the square toe, from the side, as shown in the picture, it is not as noticeable. When actually playing the square to is really a benefit as far as I'm concerned in aiding alignment. You really have to get a pair to realize all of the benefits in regard to style, comfort, stability and performance.

I agree, and mentioned in my review that the square toe is not super noticeable. I thought it was going to be the obvious, and frankly ugly, feature that stood out. But it is well hidden, yet still very functional for the person wearing them. I think Sqairz hit that aspect of the design right on the nail.

• Like 1

I was thinking last night (I know, dangerous!) after someone reminded me of something which I'll get to later.

Us golfers can be a strange breed, always looking to tweak or overhaul our equipment in search of sometimes the smallest performance improvement. Maybe it is changing the clubhead to or from MB, Cavity Back, GI, SGI. Maybe it is due to a desired feel, forged or non-forged, or maybe because just looking down at something more appealing provides greater confidence.

We test and change out shafts, looking for better performance, a better match in weight, flex, bend profile. Maybe it is switching to or from steel or graphite. Then we have preferences for looks to include color or logo up or down thinking that might affect how we are able to concentrate or not.

We all have different preferences in grips which are our only connection to the club. Some like firm, some soft. Some like full cord, others 1/2 cord or no cord at all. Then there are grips with or without alignment reminders. we choose based on what we think gives us the best advantage.

Even the glove we consider important for those of us who wear them. How it fits, how it feels and "wears". We all know that between the grip and glove losing that "tackiness" can cause us to grip the club tighter affecting swing/clubhead speed negatively and some of us change out gloves regularly, probably more so than the grips themselves.

How many of us, though, consider shoes as part of our "golf equipment"? Some just wear sneakers. Others that may take the game more serious wear "golf" shoes, because that's what you wear when you play golf. Other than a consideration for having spikes vs spikeless as they may have an impact based on course conditions, do we really look at how a shoe might or might not affect performance? If Sqairz is right, along with Sir Nick Faldo, and these shoes provide better balance wouldn't that promote more consistent or better "center-of-clubface contact"? If stability adds some security in regard to our foot to ground connection, might that not enable us to swing a little faster/harder adding a couple of yards of distance? I know I have typically bought golf shoes based strictly on fit/comfort, color and style, not even considering how they might affect my game.

What got me thinking about this was a comment made to me, a reminder that, after all, "the swing starts from the ground up"! This has been said over and over. If independent testing truly shows an increase of over 2mph in clubhead speed and almost 5mph in ball speed when wearing these shoes compared to other golf shoes then I'm impressed. If you are like me and serious about even small improvements in your game why not give them a try. One caveat. If you are someone who struggles to break 90 for example, these shoes aren't going to magically turn you into a scratch golfer, but if you even add a little more distance or a little more consistency because of them., why not give them a try?

PS: I have nothing to gain if someone buys them or not. I really like them and think they are the best golf shoe I've ever owned and wanted to share my thoughts on why.

I completely agree, and admittedly was doing this myself, buying golf shoes the same way I buy golf hats. "Oh this looks nice, should go with some of my favorite shirts, feels comfortable... Let's get this one." I'm aware of studies about wearing spiked shoes adds yards. I'm sure there will be more studies in this regard. And obviously there is alot going on with pressure and using the ground with systems like BodiTrak, and these are only getting more and more popular. More and more the shoes will start to be treated like equipment and not an accessory. This idea is more prevalent in some other sports. Wouldn't be difficult to imagine a shoe in the near future having a data capture system to help analyze pressure and weight shifts throughout a round or practice session. Something synced with a monitor or arcos so that differences between your best and worst hits could be detailed.

• Like 1

Just put the Sqairz through the paces over the last few days. Played 18 on wed, thurs, fri, sat, and sunday. My left shoulder is feeling it a bit, but my feet feel great. Never had to adjust or re-tie once. Put these on in the parking lot and you are good to go.

The best of us, the worst of us have all hit shots that bring us back. Maybe it was a pured iron or a crushed drive, the kind of shot where you say to yourself, "I can't hit a ball any better than that!", regardless of the club. They don't happen all that often for most of us but wearing these shoes almost every weekday for the past month I am beginning to realize I am seeing a few more of those type of shots than I am commonly used to. Maybe there is something to the balance and stability of these shoes having a positive impact on performance! Of course, as always, YMMV.

Update: another round with these and they feel better and better with each round. I think my favorite part of these shoes is just how they hug the ground and really provide that stability. The comfort has only gotten better as well. Thank you SQAIRZ for saving me from my golf shoe buying fiasco these last 3-4 months.

• Like 1

I agree, they seem more comfortable the more I wear them. Despite having a few spikes on each sole, they are as comfortable as any spikeless shoe I've worn. You don't even notice the spikes.

Also, Thinking back now, having worn these just about exclusively for just over a month, playing early mornings with dew or the course just watered, I have not had my foot (either one) slip once, not once! The lug pattern on the sole is unique and really adds to the stability!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've played 32 rounds of golf since I received these. For me , they seem to have the comfort of spikeless but the performance benefits of having spikes. They only have a few spikes on each sole but I really do not notice them compared to wearing other spiked shoes. In those 32 rounds I switched off to another brand of shoe just once and immediately came back to these. They are so good in every aspect I won't wear any other golf shoe! Seriously!

• Like 1

They really help me in regard to alignment two ways. It helps me set up "square" when I putt. For other shots I have a tendency to NOT flair my left foot at all, which I see, hear and read one should always do to at least a small degree. These shoes serve as a reminder as it is obvious when I don't!

• Like 1

Came back to write the same thing. Played 30 plus rounds with the Sqairz now. Long story shorter, I had to clean my car out on a lunch break and decided to leave my Sqairz in my locker at work. Next day I go to play, and my shoes are not in the car! Duh. Luckily I have a giant cart bag and have a pair of Adidas shoes that actually match the shirt and hat I am wearing so I am feeling good. I tell you, the lack of stability and connection with the ground was mind blowing. A better test than actually testing the shoes is going back to something else. Its like having a great knife set and then using a dull knife at someone elses house that make you appreciate yours so much more. There is no question that these are the best shoes I have had in terms of golf performance.

• Like 2