Sore fingers and hand - outset arthritis. What do you take? CBD Oil? Asprin?

Check with your local VA. They might be able to supply you with the wrap. It comes in various sizes & colors. Either your primary provider, physician therapy, or ortho clinic should be able to verify that it is a needed everyday item. So you might be able to have it for free. Now if you would be interested in a larger size wrap. Any place that has veterinary supplies would have VetWrap. It is 2 1/2" wide & I believe 5 yds long. Been around for over 30 years. Still remember when I first saw a patient having that type of wrap on, "My God.....took them long enough to figure out using that stuff on humans!".

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly right! Tylenol is the one that is bad for the liver. Most physicians now are OK with patients taking 800mg of ibuprofen daily, or the standard dose of naproxen. Aspirin is a great anti-inflammatory, but need to watch the usage of it if you are on other medications. I am old so I have different meds anyway, so I have at least 4 lab draws a years to check things.

I've been taking CBD Oil for the past month and it has helped my shoulder pain and hand arthritis.

There's a little bit of trial and error in how much to take and when to take it. The 3rd day I took it I ramped up the amount to 1.0 ml of 500 mg and it made me feel like groggy, like I was wading thru sand. But I've found that 0.7 ml of 500 mg taken around 7pm works well for me.

RH

• 7 months later...

I would definitely choose CBD oil. I already take it for glaucoma and it helps me a lot. Recently I switched to vape, so I vape CBD oil, it's much nicer. These oils are very pleasant to the taste, because they contain terpenes of fruits. In fact CBD exists in a variety of forms and forms and you can choose the right one for yourself https://knockoutcbd.com/cbd-product-category/cbd-vape-cartridges/. I think, in any case, CBD will ease your symptoms of the disease and remove the pain. In addition, it perfectly relaxes, relieves stress and insomnia. I would advise you to consult your doctor first.

Edited by SebastianQuinng

I’m old (67) and broken down.  50 years of ice hockey will do it.  I started glucosamine/chondroiton 23 years ago, Liquid turmeric 5 years ago, various supplements, etc.  They seem to make things slightly better.  What also helps is less refined sugar, low/no gluten, reduced alcohol.  Also a functional movement workout routine twice a week.

What helps the most is all of the above +naproxen sodium (Aleve, two pills 2x/day).  I try to limit the Aleve, but need it pre/post golf.  And pre/post hockey some of the time.

CBD oil, Advil and on occasion I will take pain meds for extreme pain.  Luckily I live in Cali so the marijuana laws here are pretty lax. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I'm no doc, but inflammation in some cases is the body's response to injury and in that regard a good thing that accelerates healing, so when possible I try to let it run it's course.  Assuming it's not some autoimmune issue, I'd try to stay off of the NSAIDs and Tylenol for pain management.  I work in pharma and trust me you don't want to take half the stuff that gets pumped out by the industry.

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

2 hours ago, Left Rough said:

I'm no doc, but inflammation in some cases is the body's response to injury and in that regard a good thing that accelerates healing, so when possible I try to let it run it's course.  Assuming it's not some autoimmune issue, I'd try to stay off of the NSAIDs and Tylenol for pain management.  I work in pharma and trust me you don't want to take half the stuff that gets pumped out by the industry.

I know that NSAIDs are renal toxic.  I had my kidney transplant in 2019.  Tylenol is a no go(highly liver toxic) since I had my liver transplant back in 2007 and frankly, doesn't do s*** for pain for me.  As for the Advil, I don't take it on a daily basis but rather on occasion.  What I find also works to accelerate healing is a heating pad which increases blood flow to the affected area.  I have a prescription for gh since my doc put me on hrt years ago.  It obviously helps with healing as well because it increases cell turnover rate.  I totally agree with you about the meds that big pharma puts out has crazy side effects that can ultimately lead to serious health issues down the road and shorten life span.  

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

39 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I know that NSAIDs are renal toxic.  I had my kidney transplant in 2019.  Tylenol is a no go(highly liver toxic) since I had my liver transplant back in 2007 and frankly, doesn't do s*** for pain for me.  As for the Advil, I don't take it on a daily basis but rather on occasion.  What I find also works to accelerate healing is a heating pad which increases blood flow to the affected area.  I have a prescription for gh since my doc put me on hrt years ago.  It obviously helps with healing as well because it increases cell turnover rate.  I totally agree with you about the meds that big pharma puts out has crazy side effects that can ultimately lead to serious health issues down the road and shorten life span.  

for injuries I would definitely take drugs, but for chronic day to day issues, I’d rather find another way...  the anti-inflammatory diet thing the OP mentioned, rest, working out, compression, massage/theragun, but to me the NSAIDs and Tylenol route just mask the pain, and a person keeps doing the same activities that injured them in the first place.

I was recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum a few years back and was dealing with severe pain.  Ended up with a cortisone shot and damn if I didn’t feel 100% a few days later. Luckily the doc warned me it’s just a cover, and if I went out and over exerted myself just because things felt fine I’d end back up on the operating table.

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9