Apex CF19 still in the bag?

How has the Apex CF19 been if you still have them in the bag? I have a set of these and thinking of giving them a go!

PING G410+ 10.5* Ventus Blue 7S
PING G410 16.5* Ventus Blue 8S
PING G410 20.5* Ventus HB Blue 9X
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW  Modus 105
Callaway MD5  50/12W 54/10S 58/12X  KBS $-Taper 120
Bettinardi QB6 SBS DASS Tour Dept/Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x

Ya ive been playing the G410 irons but the offset is killing me and like the sleeker look of the CF19. May give up a little forgiveness but looking forward to using the CF19

Titleist ProV1x

I just received these 3-PW with Project X Catalyst 6.0 shafts. I absolutely love them! I had to bite the bullet and go with a GI iron with graphite shafts to go easier on my aging shoulder. Easy to hit, I can actually work them a little more than I expected. Distances will take a little time to get used to, but - for now - one less club than my old irons seems to be just fine. I couldn’t be happier.

I was a little surprised when I went to try different irons that I ended up with these, but these beat out Mavrik Pros, Apex Pro, P790, i500, MP20 MB and a number of others. FWIW, my old irons were Miura MB-001s with NS Pro 1050GH S; I will miss these terribly, but the Callaway are so easy on my shoulder!

Titleist TS2 8.5 VA Composites Raijin 64 S Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 3 wood Miura MB-001 (3-P) Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Miura Tour Wedges (54, 58) 33" Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2 Putter

Pending delivery, will happily have 2019 Apex Pro combo in the bag. Really looking forward to the look, forgiveness, playability and little extra pop.

• Callaway Mavrik 10.5; AD XC 4S; 45”; D3
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; AD XC 5S; 43” and 42”; D3
  • Titleist 818 H1 3H-21; Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S; 40”; D3 (alternates with 4i)
  • Callaway Mavrik Pro 4-PW; Modus 105S; +1/2”; D4-5
  • Titleist Vokey SM8 50F (bent 48) w Modus 105S PW; 54S (bent 53) and 58S w Modus 105 Wedge; all +1/2"; D4.5-5.5
  • Trying Cleveland CBX2 48 w Modus 105S; and CBX2 54 (bent 53) and CBX Full-Face 58 w PX 5.0
  • John Byron 1999 Dale Head 2 Copper; 35.5/70
  • Golf Pride MCC blackout std grips on all but wedges (MCC+4 std); Ping Blackout

Love mine. Really liked them last year but playing sporadically I never really got comfortable with the extra distance. That hasn't been the case this season, and now that I trust them, I'm actually hitting them farther and more accurately. Not going anywhere for a long time.

Sweet thanks fellas. I may have to put them in play in a couple of weeks to give them a go thanks again!

Titleist ProV1x

Despite having had three separate fittings in the last 8 months they CF 19's remain in my bag as they feel fantastic and do exactly what I need them to.

The P760 was close to going in the bag, but I wasn't interested in buying a set that was on the verge of being replaced.

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: P760 | w: RTX4 | p: SpiderX

I was surprised at the short length of the blade. Pleasantly surprised and loving the irons. I've gamed p790 and z785/z585 and to me the Apex are superior.

Callaway Mavrik Rogue 130 white 60x
Callaway Mini 1.5 Rogue 130 white 70s 
Callaway Mavrik 5w Fujikura Pro 2.0 
Callaway Apex cf19 4-PW Project X LZ
Callaway Jaws MD5 Raw 50S, 54X Vokey WW 58V
Compass Golf Custom Flow neck

I haven’t tried the Srixons but i prefer the feel/sound of the Apex over the 790s

Titleist ProV1x

Had them in the bag for about 8 months and shot my best round ever with them. My only compliant about them are the short blade length (because my ball striking is not the most consistent). I switched over to PXG 0211 irons and the scores are about where they were with the Apex CF19. The extra blade length has been helpful. All that said the Apex irons are my official backup set and not going anywhere. That say a lot because I am not one to hang on to clubs as I am not afraid to trade them.

Played them for about 8 months and had some good results. Needed a little more forgiveness and switch to the Honma XP-1's recently. Definitely playing better with lower scores but I'll hang on to the CF19's as a backup set.

Great set of irons but can be a little low in the spin department. Had a set with Catalyst 100 but unfortunately would hit the occasional bomb with the 5-7 irons so they had to go.

ADAMS XTD TI 9*
TAYLORMADE M6 ROCKET 14*
ADAMS PRO HYBRID 18*
SRIXON Z565 4-P
CLEVELAND RTX4 RAW 48*, 54*, 60*
ODYSSEY 2 BALL

• 2 weeks later...

These have given me the extra distance that I have been looking for. They look and feel great. I went from the CF16's to the CF19's. The stronger lofts have given me a distance boost across the board. For some reason my 5i will hit the occasional bomb so I'm trying to work through that.

Switched to G410s about 6 months ago. Needed the forgiveness. Was using the Pro combos. I too like/prefer the extra blade length.

PING
G400 Max 9* Tour 65 S D2
G400 3W/5W Alta CB 65 S D2
G410 4-U +1/2" Green Dot Recoil 110 F4 D2(4-9) D4(W, U)
Glide 2.0 Stealth ES +1/2" Steel AWT Wedge, 54*, 60* D4
All above with ZCord / Tour Velvet midsize
Vault Anser 2 35” Superstroke pistol GT 2.0 Countercore with a Tourlock Pro 100 gram back-weight

WRX Isoforce Anser F (Ti Pixels with site line) Superstroke pistol GT 2.0 Countercore with a Tourlock Pro 100 gram back-weight, S/N 2112 - 35" (currently benched)

Other
2015 Pro V1X
All contained in my Sun Mountain C130S - 2018 USA version bag
All riding on my Clicgear 3.5+
Swung with MG Elite XL gloves
Distances courtesy of my Nikon Rangefinder Coolshot 80V

I would say yes they are what I consider a shorter blade length. That is why I like them. Visually they tick all the boxes for me. I tried the PXG0211's & although they felt slightly better I did not like to look of the longer blade length coupled with the slightly smaller top line.

Well, I also bought a single 0211 — a 6 iron — and I thought the long blade coupled with the thin topline made it look like a hockey stick. Did not like the look or feel. I find those long blade lengths harder to middle. Sold it. I also like compact, but not TOO compact to the point of being intimidating.

Thanks for the response. I did try the 2016 Apex but to me it felt harder off the face than I expected, especially compared to the 2014 Apex Pros I gamed (felt fantastic) so I never have given the Apex CF19 because I assumed they’d feel pretty much like the CF16. If Callaway improved them in that regard, that makes them a lot more attractive.

I have a set of lefty Apex CF19 Smoke 5-PW coming, will be delivered Monday. Can not wait to go hit them Monday evening. Currently playing 718 AP3's and thinking the Apex should be similar. I like the AP3's but have wanted the Apex, specifically the smoke, since they came out. Did I mention I can not wait to hit them!! LOL

Absolutely, have had the smoke finish 4-PW with KBS $-taper for about 14 months and there’s zero chance they will go anywhere anytime soon. They’ve absolutely changed my iron game so much for the better.

It could be just me.. and i hope im not turning anyonr off of them... i hit them a few times and they felt quite harsh for a "forged" iron.. i was actually quite shocked. Now the apex pro on the other hand... wow. Soft. I went mizuno mmc 20 though as it seems they are the tottal package for me. Good day old boys... why did i turn british?

• 2 months later...

I’m interested in more comparisons between CF19 and PING G410 for those that gamed both.

i have both but I’m gaming the G410’s.

Edited by Cwing

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

1 hour ago, Cwing said:

I’m interested in more comparisons between CF19 and PING G410 for those that gamed both

I played both...

Feel/Sound: Apex

Forgiveness: Even if you get with a fitter who knows what they are doing 

Looks: Apex

Cost: G410

I got the G410’s thinking they would help my game for the better and they did for a bit but the offset was too much for me especially in the long irons. I’m a mid handicap and those things don’t usually bother me but you just can’t beat the feel of the Apex imo 

Titleist ProV1x

I just picked up a set for a great price with most of the irons  still in plastic. One round in and I have to say they are very solid. Hit 15 of 18 greens.   

I also have a set of i210s, that I absolutely love playing, but get frustrated with how the finish looks like a drug them behind my car.

41 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

I just picked up a set for a great price with most of the irons  still in plastic. One round in and I have to say they are very solid. Hit 15 of 18 greens.   

I also have a set of i210s, that I absolutely love playing, but get frustrated with how the finish looks like a drug them behind my car.

How do they compare to your i210s?  I was fit into i210s, poorly.  Shafts were a complete disaster and the 210 heads may not be right for my game.  I was looking at the Apex 19s and JPX  line

Gunga Galunga Golf - Golf Photography

5 hours ago, jpbova said:

How do they compare to your i210s?  I was fit into i210s, poorly.  Shafts were a complete disaster and the 210 heads may not be right for my game.  I was looking at the Apex 19s and JPX  line

When I was looking, it was down to CF19, i210, and JPX HMP.    Same shafts in all of them (modus 105).    Distance was CF19, HMP, i210 .    Accuracy was i210, HMP, CF19.  

Now given the length/loft differences it wasn't a huge surprise.    Pings were almost a club shorter.   Taking more club equalized things on distance, but taking less club on CF19 and HMP brought them closer to the Pings for accuracy.

CF19 long irons were easier to hit, so much so that they had me thinking about getting the 4i.  

On the more subjective stuff, I preferred the feel of CF19 and i210 over the HMP.    Same for looks.   The 210s showed more wear, but it's likely they were also older.   

IMO, they were close enough where the shaft choice would be a difference maker.    I chose the CF19s because they got the most things right between performance to being fun to hit.    If I were someone that often plays for sizable amounts of money, I might lean toward the Pings.   

• Thanks 1

Any distance gaps on either set. I know my sons CF16 7Iron has a large gap compared to his 8. He learned how to adjust for it but it’s almost 20 yds difference

Edited by Cwing

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

On 9/10/2020 at 7:42 AM, jpbova said:

Maybe a half club longer with the cf’s.  Love the feel of the pings with the awt 2.0 shafts, a bit more spin as well.   Trajectory about equal and the lifts are about the same.  I am able to move the ball both ways with the Callaways however.   made more birdies per round with the apex’s so far but it’s early.   

Not a fan of the jpx line, look great just don’t fit me well. 

• Thanks 1