I have demo'd the P790 and T200 two months ago. I preferred the feel of the T200 and the look of them at address. I spent about 20 minutes hitting them both and I had much better dispersion with the T200 and a club and a half longer than the P790.

Have the T200 for two months now and don't regret my decision. Actually, I wish I got 7-GW in the T100-S.

Honestly they are probably both good but I think I had more confidence with the look of the T200 at address and that led to more consistency and better strikes. Try them both out if the store near you allows in during Covid.

@bk3318 Thanks for the feedback! I hit the P790's at the club the other day. I need to go back to hit the T200's soon. On paper the thing I like better about the T200's is the loft degrees in the wedges. The 43 PW and 48 GW fit better with my Vokey 52 and 56 wedges as oppose to the P790's 45 PW and 50 GW. Since I absolutely love my 52 I hate to take it out of my bag. Once I hit the T200's I should be able to make a decision.
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally made it to hit the T200 and love them. Ended up ordering the 4-GW and decided to get the TS3 driver. Excited for them to arrive next month so I can take them around the course.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

This is an interesting duel to me. I much prefer the look of the T200 top line and overall size but haven't hit them.  How are the feel of the T200?   I feel I don't see that much love for them.  Only he T100/T100s I assume because they are forged.  

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I’ve always like the look of P790’s but not the feel. I was in the PGA SS a month ago and hit the 790 6I, T200 7I and I210 7I. I hit the T200 and I210 much better. The T200 was the longest but I preferred the I210. I210 was about 6 yards shorter than T200 based on simulator numbers. 

Tested both with X100 shafts. Probably could game either but they go too far for me with average carry of 195 yards for both. Great irons for those who need fast faces to maximise distance.

T200 span 500rpm more, thinner topline more in line with 'players' look. Feel was worse, face felt faster, and the sound was louder and a little clickly. 

P790 felt more solid, more forgiving on strikes low on the face, ball flights were straigther (likely due to lower spin), tighter dispersion, but spin below 5000rpm so I would worry about holding greens. 

Edited by bombs

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: P760 | w: RTX4 | p: SpiderX

On 6/12/2020 at 5:13 AM, NHswing said:

@bk3318 Thanks for the feedback! I hit the P790's at the club the other day. I need to go back to hit the T200's soon. On paper the thing I like better about the T200's is the loft degrees in the wedges. The 43 PW and 48 GW fit better with my Vokey 52 and 56 wedges as oppose to the P790's 45 PW and 50 GW. Since I absolutely love my 52 I hate to take it out of my bag. Once I hit the T200's I should be able to make a decision.

A 50 degree P790 will blend perfectly into a 52 degree Vokey.

Don't worry about the loft gaps, the distances gaps should be ideal. One club is filled with tech, the other is a blade, it will work perfectly. 

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: P760 | w: RTX4 | p: SpiderX

I demoed the T200 twice and both times they didn't work out- I wanted them to perform -I liked the look and specs of them.

The second time was at Club Champion along with several other heads and the 790's won hands down for me.

• Like 1

when I did my iron fitting at TrueSpec earlier this year, the 790s just didn't spin enough for me, the T200s were the best fit.   Been pleased with mine.  

TM M4 
Epic 15*
Sub70 3 hybrid
Sub70 4 hybrid
Sub70 5 hybrid
Titleist T200 6-GW
54* SM8
58* SM8
PXG Operator H