Has anyone been on business travel, sabbatical, or general time off been able to procure a 1 or 2 month membership at a private club? I am possibly facing this situation, and would like to find a way to play a great course for a (somewhat) affordable cost. Obviously, being temporary, I am not looking for a full membership, but it would be great to have a place to play daily, with some assurance of access which is why I'm thinking private club. Right now my club is not part of a wider network. I'm in the southeast US, and am likely to stay in this area, but curious to hear stories from anywhere.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At a private course in the US, no. There's no reason for any private club to offer what you are asking for as they would no longer be a private club. I've heard of semi private courses especially in s

I would look for a course that offers some sort of discount card - pay something like $49 and it takes $10 off green fees for the summer or the year. That will mean you're "limited" to a semi-private

At a private course in the US, no. There's no reason for any private club to offer what you are asking for as they would no longer be a private club. I've heard of semi private courses especially in snowbird areas offering something like that, but it's usually seasonal and not that short a time frame. If you really are playing almost every day a seasonal semi private membership could still be cheaper than daily rates.

• Like 1

I live in FL so big time snowbird area and @Dancin is correct, finding a full private will not happen. However, many semi-privates run deals, and I've even seen them go monthly, one was for two full 18 courses (different clubs) and included the little par 3 course at one club for $99 a month. I noticed they didn't advertise online per say, but when playing the course there were brochures and all, so you might need to play around to see what is available.

He wants to play almost daily in a single area if I'm understanding his post correctly. Club corp play away only allows 2 rounds per month per course. Granted there are some areas of the country where you might have 5 or more Club Corp courses all within a reasonable distance for day play so maybe he could combine that with public courses if he doesn't find a semi private deal that works.

I would look for a course that offers some sort of discount card - pay something like $49 and it takes $10 off green fees for the summer or the year. That will mean you're "limited" to a semi-private course rather than fully-private, but becoming a daily regular at a lot of those places, they'll treat you well if they're well run.

Here in Florida, the South Florida PGA offers an annual summer Golf Pass, which gets you discounted rates, plus some limited access to private clubs and one-day outings at other privates. I'm seeing Lost Tree (where Jack Nicklaus lives) and Mirasol (former Honda Classic host) on the schedule, among others...https://www.bluegolf.com/amateur/programs/sflpgagp/index.html

• Like 1

[b][url="https://www.golfadvisor.com/authors/tim-gavrich"]Senior Writer, Golf Advisor[/url][/b]

TM M3 10.5* - UST V2
Srixon Z F65 15* & 19*
TM V-Steel 21*
Titleist 710 MB 4-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 52* and 58*
Evnroll ER5 (370g)