Jump to content

Hovland's Putter


Recommended Posts

On 12/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, kro88 said:

i know this take is tired, but man Ping is missing out on so many opportunities by not offering high end milled through retail or custom through the website.  I have 3 Zings and a Myday that id love to have modern 'PLD' version of,  especially with that raw finish Hovland has 

But they really are not. It’s such a low percentage of golfers that are looking for that.95% of your golfers won’t pay more than 200 for a putter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

But they really are not. It’s such a low percentage of golfers that are looking for that.95% of your golfers won’t pay more than 200 for a putter.

Scotty Cameron has people paying $100 annually just to be a part of a club.. that's how big their following is.  sure it would never be for the masses, but there are plenty of Ping loyalists out there, and many have a Scotty in their bag.  Aren't the margins on a milled putter high?  I think there's a way to make it equitable.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kro88 said:

Scotty Cameron has people paying $100 annually just to be a part of a club.. that's how big their following is.  sure it would never be for the masses, but there are plenty of Ping loyalists out there, and many have a Scotty in their bag.  Aren't the margins on a milled putter high?  I think there's a way to make it equitable.  

They already offer the option. You have to fly to Phoenix get a fitting and they will make you anything you want. Run you around 1500.00 much less than a tour Cameron 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

The program is very much alive and running. I got mine two months ago. 
 

1. you don’t have to go to Phoenix to get one (I did a Zoom call with the tour guys);

2. They will mail you a putting cradle, you do a few sessions with their app and share the reports with them so they can analyze the data and they will recommend something based on that and your preferences. They were 100% spot on with their recommendation for me and I could not be happier. 
3. Options are limited. Certain heads and necks take longer. They can’t do every finish with every head/neck combination. 

4. The price is not $1500. You do need to buy it through a PING account. 
 

Here is the extent of the program right now. 
 

Model offerings:

  • Anser, Anser 2
  • Prime Tyne – Double bend (Straight or Slight arc), Anser 4 hosel, Anser hosel
  • Kushin - Double bend (Straight or Slight arc), Anser 4 hosel, Anser hosel
  • DS 72 (Victor Hovland’s putter) - Double bend (Straight or Slight arc)

 

Finishes: 

Carbon steel – Stealth or Patina

Stainless – Matte Raw

 

Grooves: 

Smooth, shallow grooves, deep grooves (TR), Pebax insert

 

Sightlines: 

Line, Lines, Dot, Dots

 

Weight: 

Weight can be custom to player’s cadence by adding tungsten (heavier only)

 

If it’s not 1500 then what is it?

  • Like 3

Cobra RadSpeed 7.5* - Motore F1 6X

Cobra RadSpeed 13* - Motore F1 7X

TM SIM UDI 2I - PX 6.5

U500 23* - PX 6.5 

718 CB 5-PW - PX 6.5 

SM8 52* 56* 60* - TI S400 

WHP #7 

 

Titleist Pro V1 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

The program is very much alive and running. I got mine two months ago. 
 

1. you don’t have to go to Phoenix to get one (I did a Zoom call with the tour guys);

2. They will mail you a putting cradle, you do a few sessions with their app and share the reports with them so they can analyze the data and they will recommend something based on that and your preferences. They were 100% spot on with their recommendation for me and I could not be happier. 
3. Options are limited. Certain heads and necks take longer. They can’t do every finish with every head/neck combination. 

4. The price is not $1500. You do need to buy it through a PING account. 
 

Here is the extent of the program right now. 
 

Model offerings:

  • Anser, Anser 2
  • Prime Tyne – Double bend (Straight or Slight arc), Anser 4 hosel, Anser hosel
  • Kushin - Double bend (Straight or Slight arc), Anser 4 hosel, Anser hosel
  • DS 72 (Victor Hovland’s putter) - Double bend (Straight or Slight arc)

 

Finishes: 

Carbon steel – Stealth or Patina

Stainless – Matte Raw

 

Grooves: 

Smooth, shallow grooves, deep grooves (TR), Pebax insert

 

Sightlines: 

Line, Lines, Dot, Dots

 

Weight: 

Weight can be custom to player’s cadence by adding tungsten (heavier only)

 

Fantastic post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2020 at 1:00 AM, TheGolfingRealtor said:

The program is very much alive and running. I got mine two months ago. 
 

1. you don’t have to go to Phoenix to get one (I did a Zoom call with the tour guys);

2. They will mail you a putting cradle, you do a few sessions with their app and share the reports with them so they can analyze the data and they will recommend something based on that and your preferences. They were 100% spot on with their recommendation for me and I could not be happier. 
3. Options are limited. Certain heads and necks take longer. They can’t do every finish with every head/neck combination. 

4. The price is not $1500. You do need to buy it through a PING account. 
 

 

 

Don't keep us in suspense - what is the price?  Higher? Lower?

  • PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60g S
  • PING Anser 17 & 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • PING iBlades Green Dot CFS 80-S
  • PING Anser Forged wedges Blue Dot DG Spinner
  • PING PLD Anser (Trisole Carbon Steel) / PING Ketsch TR 400g CB
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...