Any Mizuno heads on here ? Looking for a little help...

I am currently gaming mp32s and they are by far the best iron I have hit. I started off with Ben sayers then m6 irons but they didn’t last long now up for sale.

my question is - Did Mizuno do an iron very similar to the 32s? Just thinking ahead as mine are second hand and know i want to be able to get another set or a set very similar?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope, very unique design. A few other Mizuno models have the "cut muscle" design, the MP60 might be the closest..

Jeez, simmer down now..  

Always so much bitching on here ! Calm down you little pickles lol I only want to know the closest match to the mp32 there are no best or worst everyone will have there picks.   so mp4 or mp5 best ma

The MP57 and MP60 were similar, in that both had some version of the "cut muscle" in their design. See below pictures for comparison.

You could also check out the MP5. Mizuno calls it a "channelback". Think of an MP4, where they carved out part of the middle (similar to the cut muscle) and then put some of that into the top line.

I have a set of MP32 as a backup set, and an MP-5 4-iron that I picked up somewhere. Both feel great when you hit it flush, though I think the MP32 feels better.

I have never hit the MP57 or MP60, so cannot comment on either. Hope this helps, and good luck!

mp32.jpeg

mp57.jpeg

mp60.jpeg

mp5.jpeg

LD could hit balls with hickory sticks on hot crazy good he was at the time.

Just let it go. The 32s were a fail based on how popular the 60s were which I waited and played with. My coworker game the 32 and I had access to them had no regrets dismissing them.

Somebody mentioned on the 64s, that I missed out on because they were the modern 900T which has major winnings to their name.

Mizuno made a bunch of small forged players irons where the specs fall into a very small window. You can compare them here...https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_MIZUNO.pdf

Look at "c dimension" which references blade length, MOI, and Actual VCOG.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

Let what go? The 32s were a great iron. Hardly a fail. There’s a reason they had a bit of a cult following (and still do). The 60s were awesome, as you know. I’m glad they worked better for you. I have an MP60 2 iron that I love, and will never sell. The 900T are excellent, as are the 919T (which I own). I still choose to play the 64s.

MP32 were and still are a great set of irons. I'll never part with my set.

1592148613331.jpg

Callaway B21 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Mizuno ST190 3W - GD AD DI 6

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno MP20 SEL(4) - DG120 S300

Mizuno JPX 919F(5-PW) - DG120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM5 52°/12° F Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind 

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Don’t take me the wrong way, I’m a big LD and Mizzy fan.

LD had the best sand and short game at one point which was one the reasons why he was number one, along with his iron precision obviously. If it weren’t for his inaccuracies and distance with the driver, or average putting, he would of won majors.

I still feel that dimple cavity back is useless, to me that is a design flaw. You may as well play a true blade since it is just as hard to hit.

Thank-you.

I still put a lot of Mizzies ahead of the 32s that felt better or subjectively look better like the 4s and 18s (I played for two seasons).

Mizuno is injecting technology like the MMC and HMB where more of the masses can now entertain their MP line.

I am also a fan of their DNA swing analyzer which I would encourage people do. It was fun confirming what shafts works for me. S300 was the only choice at the time.

So yeah, no problem moving on.

I'll be playing my 32s until they just do not work ... which will likely be long after I'm not able to play golf. Go try out various options, you'll find one just as good or better. My favorite set of irons that I regret not buying was Nike's VR Pro blades - best I ever felt - and they were on sale at the time.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

Me too! Mine were pretty beat up when I sold them but would so love to throw them back in the bag every now and then. Lovely sticks!

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Mizuno MP58 4-PW irons
Cleveland RTX 2 52°/10°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter