Tour Edge Bazooka JMAX Tour Iron-Wood

Gxgolfer

Yeah, I'm easy. Easy to hit, and even easier to look at. The Bazooka JMAX Tour Iron-Wood gives you the performance of today's hybrids without the distraction of an oversized head. This utility iron features a thin top-line, minimal-offset hosel, and a clean, classic look that delivers a higher level of performance than traditional long irons or high-lofted fairway woods.

Here's the skinny: Hit it higher; hit it longer. Hit it straighter without sacrificing traditional looks. Bridging the gap between distance and control, the JMAX Tour Iron-Wood will make your long iron play more consistent than ever. The Tour's design incorporates a super heavy sole that delivers a higher trajectory, greater carry, and less spin for maximum distance.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tour Edge Tour head is sweet. I absolutely luv it, very versatile...off the tee and off the deck, it is killer.

I think that anyone look at the TM TP or Nickent 3DX should seriously look at this club, they will see similar yardages and ballflight shape & trajectory for a lower price.

I love the club and I think any serious golfer looking for a great club that will perform will look at the Tour Edge...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys....

First of all I love the way this club looks. I have never hit one of these bad boys but was just wondering how it feels, ball flight, and quality. I saw the price tag of $70.00 new and was a little shocked by that. Really surprised me to find a hybrid priced so low. Also makes me nervous to buy one and that is the reason why I wanted to pick your brains for some advice. By the way I'm looking for one in either 21* or 19*. Thanks fellas

When I was making the move from 2 iron to hybrid I must have looked at about 10 different clubs. Apart from maybe the Taylor Made Rescue dual TP (couldn't justify the price) the JMAX Tour-Iron wood was the best by a long way. It gives me the powerful flight I want off the tee (whereas other clubs tend to balloon the ball a bit) and I can pick it off tight lies and from the rough with ease. I managed to find the right shaft which is important but all in all I couldn't be happier with this club.

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a 2 iron type club with hybrid ease.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the 2 19* w/ an NV 85 Hybrid shaft in it for $119 (retail price). I've hit the non-tour version and loved it. haven't hit this yet, how does it compare feel-wise? I have an adams A2 w/ same shaft in 20* that is currently in the bag. setting up, it seems like you can really chase this club off the deck and work the ball a little.

thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I have been playing these hybrid ironwoods for the past 3 years. Just no comparison to the high end stuff that sits patiently in my garage that I use to play with. I play 4 or 5 times a week, and they are tops as far as absorbing the wear, and tear of practice, and play. Their customer service is as user friendly as any other company out there. I once broke my PW (car door), and when I called to buy, and replace it, the rep said no problem, and sent me a new one free, with no S/H charges. All I did was supply him with my specs for the club. Patch

By way of follow up, I played with the club four times and practiced with it a few more. While the club felt good when struck, I prefer more of a non-offset club and one that doesn't look like a long iron. Unlike the non-tour version, this one looks like a slightly offset long iron and that didn't give me much confidence. I traded it in on a Nickent 3DX DC with the stock UST shaft and have preferred the setup and ball striking. The Adams A2 are still in close second and remain in my back up set.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm going to break protocol by talking about Tour Edge JMAXX Iron-Wood but the regular not the tour version. I'm basically a hacker; pretty good around and on the green but struggle mightily with long irons and my driver. If it looks like an iron and has the numbers 1-5 on it....chances are I can't hit it.......until now! back in 2003 I bought the 1-6 Tour Edge JMAXX Iron-Woods from Drivingiron.com, which sells only Tour Edge and has a great setup for those of us who need custom clubs. I got them within 10 days to my post office on my military base in Germany and wasted no time in taking them to the range. WOW!!! Long, high and far are the only words to describe these ultra mega game improvement iron hybrids. I've always hit my fairway woods well and that bulge on the back of the the Iron-Wood made me feel right at home. I was consistently hitting the 1 Iron-Wood 220-230 meters (they use the metric system), which is about 240-250 yards, on a high gentle arc. Not much roll as these tend to settle soon after landing. These work pretty well at knocking the balls up out of the ruff but not as well as the Cobra Baffler. I have stood on a elevated tee box looking down at a dogleg left, with the dogleg right at 220. I factored in the elevation and the tailwind, pulled my 4 Iron-Wood, dropped the ball in the deck and ripped it 220 meters to gently land in the middle of the fairway. It's that dependable and easy to hit!!!!! If I had pulled my driver, 3 or 5 wood there's a 50/50 chance that I'd be rooting around in the long grass on the right trying to find my wayward ball. These babies are like magic. I sold them (don't ask me why) but have missed them everytime I've played. I ordered the new Nike Slingshot 3 and 4 Hybrid and will let you know what I think.

• 1 year later...

i use the tour edge hybrids.....i bought them recently, but got the exotics version. Absolutely the best hybrids I have ever hit. I have used the hogan's, the mizuno clk's, titleist, and callaway. The tour edge will stay in my bag for some time now.

The exotics feature a very clean set up, and a very solid ball strike, and feel. You wont be sorry if you give these guys a try (Love my tour edge exotics driver as well)

• 1 year later...

I'm reviewing the non tour version of the Tour Edge Iron Wood. I bought the Jmax progressive iron set for my dad. The 3 and 4 from the set are Iron Woods with graphite shafts. They look different from conventional hybrids-- an iron with a bulge on the back with noticeable offset. I hit them, and my shots were low and very short in distance. I have a difficult time adjusting my swing to these clubs. But my dad hits the Iron Woods very well. His hits have a low boring trajectory, and good distance. He's a beginning golfer and he finds these very easy to hit. For me, I could not adapt to the appearance at address. But judging from my dad's shots, these clubs work. A great bargain.

• 13 years later...