I don't find PX to feel harsh at all they just make everything feel very crisp and your irons aren't going to feel quite as soft. That's a trade I'm willing to take if it straightens flight out a bit. My SS X100 go a bit left. Just got fit into PX 6.5 and even my pully feeling one goes straight.

In any event, tons of guys on here will buy them that "balloon the ball". In reality they're just flipping at impact (which is my miss as well at time - a little scoop saver - not ashamed of it) and this will do nothing. I spin my 7 around 7500 off grass and carry it 175-180. When I flip spin and flight jack up on me and I lose distance. Guess what? No shaft fixes that. This shaft is for the guys that hit WAY down on it and flat out just trap and spin the crap out of it. I've got a mini tour buddy in X7s that balloons them SO badly. He's around 130 mph with driver. He will enjoy these and get distance back. As it stands I can hit it as far as him with my slower speed just because my spin is in a better spot.

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 5W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am guessing somewhere in between..   And..  

So if I’m looking at your photos correctly.....you’re saying they will be way too flexible for the average Wrx’er? Could they not have come out with a 8.5 or 9.0?!? I still can’t get my 9 iron to

These shafts are the real deal!!  Smoother than the CTAPER130X and not as harsh as the PX 7.0.   But I can flight them with ease, and i didn't lose any distance with hard stepping them once.  Winner w

Posted Images

For some it might help with some swing issues, for me it will help because I have an aggressive transition (yes, maybe argue swing issue also). Even when I'm swinging well, I have always spun the ball a little more than I want and really have to fight to keep the ball down. If these help, why not. And even better if someone usually plays 125 and can play these in 120 that isn't bad either. More options help, and it isn't a c taper where the tips bend.

Not saying it won't help certain players. I just think that many go way stiffer than they should for their swing speed chasing low/low when in reality they're just lashing at it and flipping. For true ball strikers compressing and ballooning this could be a godsend.

Ping Hoofer

Yes CTaper has issues for sure. They also feel very average when trying to take something off a shot. Project X is way better for flighting shots to me. These should be great. I'm playing PX 6.5 ssx1 right now as I like to soften up these kinds of shafts a bit. I rarely will take a proper full swing. I'm often slinging a little knockdown draw in or cutting it and like feel in my shafts. I find X100 can get a bit loose on me though. These are interesting to me.

Ping Hoofer

Agree. C tapers were fine when going after it, but were awful when trying to choke down or hit something softer. I don't mind the feel of X100 but don't like the ball flight. They seem to take off low but then spin up. Project X have been my most consistent shaft, although I'm currently playing Nippon 125. The Nippon are great feeling shafts, but I'm not sure I'm getting the same performance out of them as I did the project x.

• 2 weeks later...

There is also a PX IO new shaft coming out ... which sounds like a revised PXI. Both the IO and LS should be release mid July according to true temper

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* Motore Speeder 661
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* Speeder Evolution 757
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Mizuno MP 20 MB PXLZ 6.0
Mizuno T20 Wedges PXLZ 6.0
Bettinardi SS28

I’d take a set of 6.0s for sure. They sound like they’d fit nicely

Taylormade M3 9* KBS TD Category 4 

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Deepwater DH89 w/ Stability Tour  - - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 -- Byron Morgan GSS DH89 w/ Stability Tour

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

I just got the x7s and was enjoying them. I loved my c tapers but bent several back in the day. Maybe these are the answer. A ton of options to build a set with these in 6.5 and 7.0. I will definately try.

M5/G410 @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

IO means individually optimized. That makes me think flighted.. But I don't know that..

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Definately ordering a 7 iron to try in the LS. I am playing x7 right now and like them better than x100 or s400. Played Px before but they never felt good to me.. Played rifles back in the day. But I loved the c taper and gave them up due to bending and these look like something similar. So it'll be x7 v LS. I think I will try a 6.5 first to gage flex and swingweight...

M5/G410 @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

I am so looking forward to the TXG review of these...

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5 or MP Titanium 4W 16.5

Nike Victory Red Hybrid 3 21.0

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

Mizuno/Bettinardi  BC1

Need to try these, especially into the wind. PX has been good for me but bringing the flight and spin down a bit wouldn't hurt. If the LS 6.5 spins like PX 7.0s but with better feel that will be interesting.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917 F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-X
Mizuno MP-69 3-PW PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 54* S PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 60* M PX 6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ IOmic

Ian does not strike me as a guy that would need low spin low launch. But, what do I know. haha.

DGs make sense, they are not really "that" low launch or spin. Super peen's are a bit of a different story though. I am not saying he is wrong. Just that from what I have seen lower spin is not my first thought. He can obviously do what he wants and is a pretty good background. haha.