2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Accra iSeries Steel

mizunoMP14

so far just a TXG video...he hit them along the Modus 120 and PX LZ. Sounds like they felt a little bit soft

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

• 3 weeks later...

I got one today and put it in a 7 iron, a Scratch prototype AR-1 v3 iron, in satin, so it was a pretty cool set up.

Anyway, I kind of liked it. They do play a bit soft, but if you smooth your swing they feel fantastic. They are definitely a hi launch shaft, as I got that 7 iron way up in the air, as companies to my modus 120x. Still, they didn’t really balloon, and they were extremely straight. Overall they were very easy to hit, felt like i didn’t need to work at all.

Hit these yesterday. I will agree with the comments above. They do feel soft, but in a good way, not whippy soft. Reminds me of a Modus 120S in the i115. The i125 was still very manageable being an X. The Accra guys are old Rifle guys from the Brunswick days. It’s been quite a while since I’ve swung one, but maybe an old Rifle kind of feel. Might be a i105=Rifle 4.5, i115= Rifle 5.5, i125= Rifle 6.0 kind of feel. They are marketing these like the Rifle as well. Aka, soft and hard step to get the in between flexes. Gonna be a great shaft to work with.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got fit into T100S with Accra 105’s at TXG late last fall. Very smooth feeling, hit them back to back with the 100i and 110i Accra graphite’s, couldn’t tell the difference. Was looking for graphite to help with a little arthritis pain in wrist and hands , Isteel with pro soft inserts fit the bill , got slightly better numbers in the 105 weight , fantastic shafts.

Averages 86 mph 6i. 16* LA 5,000rpm 168yds carry. 80’ peak height -4* AOA. 43* descent angle. Fit into R flex

Edited by Duper
LM numbers added
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

anyone have more experience / course time with these???

Just got fit in the 125g at club champion and absolutely loved them. I dont know how to describe the feel other than they feel incredible. Very well balanced shaft

after playing DG x100 for years and more recently Project X 6.5 for the last 6, I was fit in c-taper lite 115x 2 years ago. On the monitor the CTL's were amazing. Tight dispersion and 12 more yards of carry. real world course experience however has been a disaster. My iron game went to crap and I was compensating for a huge draw I now had bc of the lighter weight and active tip (yes some swing related issues also). I finally had enough of the light weight iron experiment and went back to CC yesterday

This was a new fitter and once I told him my problems of what I was seeing on the course he was surprised I was in CTL's. Im pretty knowledgable with shafts and ive added the iSteel shafts in my cart 5x the last 6 months or so. When I asked to hit the iSteel's he says that was the first option he was going to try based on my feedback. I immediately loved the feel and results. He described the iSteel 125 as a more tip stable/stiff Modus 120.

Through the fitting we tested Modus 130x, Shimada Tour x, Oban 125, and KBS $-Taper 130x. I was very surprised to see with the heavier shafts compared to CTL 115x that my swing speed went up. Im not sure if its bc I was loose but I was seeing 1.5mph on avg faster speed. The fitter said ive been compensating with the CTL's and trying to not be too aggressive with them. With the heavier shafts I was more free to let it loose.

Ultimately we narrowed it down to Modus 130x, $-Taper 130x, and iSteel 125. Modus 130 got ruled out after seeing low strikes lowered launch and dropped spin by about 600 - 800 rpms. $-Taper 130 was alot of fun to hit with great results but took a little more work than iSteel 125. I could easily see myself playing $-taper's and be happy but we both agreed by the things I was saying and initially being intrigued with the iSteel that id be disappointed walking out with anything other than the Accra's

Overall the iSteel 125 was the most consistent launch and spin wise. Id describe it as a mid-low launch with mid spin. My avg 6i numbers were 17.4 launch, 6300 spin, and 189 carry. The C-taper lite's gave me 18.2 launch, 5700 spin and 196 carry. Overall my dispersion tightened up with the iSteel but im more happy with lowering my launch and increasing spin a touch

Now the hard part is hoping these aren't backordered like everything else in the industry right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade TP5x

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 5:54 AM, JoeFrigo said:

anyone have more experience / course time with these???

Just got fit in the 125g at club champion and absolutely loved them. I dont know how to describe the feel other than they feel incredible. Very well balanced shaft

after playing DG x100 for years and more recently Project X 6.5 for the last 6, I was fit in c-taper lite 115x 2 years ago. On the monitor the CTL's were amazing. Tight dispersion and 12 more yards of carry. real world course experience however has been a disaster. My iron game went to crap and I was compensating for a huge draw I now had bc of the lighter weight and active tip (yes some swing related issues also). I finally had enough of the light weight iron experiment and went back to CC yesterday

This was a new fitter and once I told him my problems of what I was seeing on the course he was surprised I was in CTL's. Im pretty knowledgable with shafts and ive added the iSteel shafts in my cart 5x the last 6 months or so. When I asked to hit the iSteel's he says that was the first option he was going to try based on my feedback. I immediately loved the feel and results. He described the iSteel 125 as a more tip stable/stiff Modus 120.

Through the fitting we tested Modus 130x, Shimada Tour x, Oban 125, and KBS $-Taper 130x. I was very surprised to see with the heavier shafts compared to CTL 115x that my swing speed went up. Im not sure if its bc I was loose but I was seeing 1.5mph on avg faster speed. The fitter said ive been compensating with the CTL's and trying to not be too aggressive with them. With the heavier shafts I was more free to let it loose.

Ultimately we narrowed it down to Modus 130x, $-Taper 130x, and iSteel 125. Modus 130 got ruled out after seeing low strikes lowered launch and dropped spin by about 600 - 800 rpms. $-Taper 130 was alot of fun to hit with great results but took a little more work than iSteel 125. I could easily see myself playing $-taper's and be happy but we both agreed by the things I was saying and initially being intrigued with the iSteel that id be disappointed walking out with anything other than the Accra's

Overall the iSteel 125 was the most consistent launch and spin wise. Id describe it as a mid-low launch with mid spin. My avg 6i numbers were 17.4 launch, 6300 spin, and 189 carry. The C-taper lite's gave me 18.2 launch, 5700 spin and 196 carry. Overall my dispersion tightened up with the iSteel but im more happy with lowering my launch and increasing spin a touch

Now the hard part is hoping these aren't backordered like everything else in the industry right now

Anything more you can report on the ACCRA iSteel's now that you have had some time with them?

I am very interested in trying out these shafts.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TS3

Titleist 913Hd

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

2 hours ago, Whodamon1 said:

Anything more you can report on the ACCRA iSteel's now that you have had some time with them?

sadly they're still not in yet

will definitely report back once they come in

TaylorMade TP5x

41 minutes ago, JoeFrigo said:

sadly they're still not in yet

will definitely report back once they come in

My bad!  didn't pay attention to the date stamp.  Thought the post was a little older. 

Please do report back.  

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TS3

Titleist 913Hd

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

2 hours ago, denkea said:

"

" " " "Isn't there only a few guys making steel shafts now? 

TT  KBS Nippon Shimada and Apollo? " " "

Did you not say KBS was making steel shafts???  

If I misunderstood you, I beg your pardon.  

FST own.kbs .

just easier  to class them together with TT etc

Anyway i have more pressing matters to deal with....

Edited by Thayneil
Clarity

On 4/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, Whodamon1 said:

I'll do my best to illustrate my experience.  I was not fit for my irons, MP-18 MMC w/ Modus 120s, but they performed well for me.  My only issue was I felt like they launched in a higher window and with more spin than my previous irons (which were similar but shafted with XP S300).  I got fitted right around the 1st of the year and as soon as I got on track man the numbers matched my suspicion.  After almost pulling the trigger on Oban 115s my fitter threw the iSeries in and it only took a few balls to see they were clearly optimal for me.  Launch came down a bit, spin came down a hair, and best of all the feel was so smooth and balanced. I live in the Philly area so until the last few weeks its been hard to tell performance wise how the change has been but over my last few rounds I've noticed I'm about a half club longer with plenty of spin to hold greens.  I think the change has been most noticeable on windy days where I felt with the Modus I had to actively deal with even the slightest wind whereas the Accra allow me to go to my stock shot a more often. I'm pretty excited to see where things will go as the season progresses. 

• Like 1

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Tour Issue Srixon Z H85 w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

I’m curious about these as well. I see they’re offered in 105,115,and 125g but don’t have a specific flex designation just “variable”. So for each weight regular-xstiff can be achieved thru softstep/hardstep being they are taper tip? If anybody has any insight I’d like to know more about them. A 125g straight in I guess would that be more of a xflex? 

• Like 1

Yes, the 105 is R, 115 is S, and 125 is X, all straight in. We then step up or down to get the desired flex at that weight. It’s pretty much a Rifle set up. The Accra guys are old Rifle guys from the Brunswick days, so it makes sense that they would do it this way.  I would put the i115 between Modus 120 and PXLZ as far as feel. 

• Like 2

still waiting for my shafts to come in : (

almost pulled the trigger on some mizuno jpg 921 tour's on eBay with the 125s because im getting impatient

TaylorMade TP5x

18 hours ago, trhode said:

Yes, the 105 is R, 115 is S, and 125 is X, all straight in. We then step up or down to get the desired flex at that weight. It’s pretty much a Rifle set up. The Accra guys are old Rifle guys from the Brunswick days, so it makes sense that they would do it this way.  I would put the i115 between Modus 120 and PXLZ as far as feel. 

ok thanks for clearing that up, these might be right up my alley. 

21 hours ago, trhode said:

Sounds like they are also shooting for the Oban CT's

I never knew these even existed. Went to a fitting today to look at my current setup (mavrik pro irons with PX 6.0). Back issues over the last few years are preventing me from getting what I used to out of these shafts. Long story short, I’m much smoother and a little slower. 

Fitter had me try the iseries in the new apex pro iron heads. Wasn’t super impressed with the head (felt meh off the face and sat weird to my eye), but the shafts were so much better than what I have now. Much smoother and I didn’t have to work as hard for better results. Same distance but gained about 10ft of height and 400-600 rpm of spin. 

Ended up committing to the 115’s in my current heads. I’ve been told about 3 weeks for shaft delivery and install. Pretty exciting!

I am playing the Modus 120S in my T-MB's currently, but had always felt like I should have hard stepped them. I am just down stream of my 4th back surgery/fusion and not quite sure yet where I will be speed-wise.  I have a serious bug for some new irons and really want to try out these shafts.  ACCRA is my shaft of choice in my woods and curious if they will be a fit in the irons.  I would like to lighten the shafts (115 or even 105) to get some speed back, but don't want the high flight or spin that may accompany that change.  I hope it is as easy as hard stepping the ACCRA's for stiffness but keeping a good flight and the smooth feel. 

Please report back with real world results on your builds. 

And, thanks for all the info.

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TS3

Titleist 913Hd

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

couldnt wait for my shafts to ship to club champion so after "watching" a set on eBay of Mizuno JPX 921 Tour's w/ iSteel 125 for 2 weeks I finally pulled the trigger!

Ill get some feedback by saturday. Probably gonna throw them straight in the bag

• Like 2

TaylorMade TP5x