Pretty good ball IMO.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been advocating for this ball since last year. I had not seen any tests or reviews similar to the TXG review until now but I knew how good it was from playing it. I have my buddies give me a hard

My American brothers and sisters are so lucky to get prices like that.

Maxfli is made by Foremost Golf in Taiwan the same plant that makes Oncore, Vice, etc. In fact, the original Vice Pro was the same ball as an older version of the Maxfli Tour circa 2011 or so and the

I've been advocating for this ball since last year. I had not seen any tests or reviews similar to the TXG review until now but I knew how good it was from playing it. I have my buddies give me a hard time when they see what I'm playing knowing its a Dick's house brand but I could easily play the Tour X over any other ball on the market right now. I checks all the boxes and plays so similar to the ProV1X before they switched the balls. I think the TXG test would have been very interesting to see it against the V1X. I would have also liked to have seen if they could discern any difference with the alignment.

• Like 1

Ever since Costco's latest version of their Kirkland balls wasn't as good as the first generation I bet people were looking to find the next generic Pro V1. I think this will be the one. It is slightly more expensive than the Kirklands, but it is available at your local Dick's for all you Americans out there.

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I watched the TXG feed this morning and ordered the 2 for $45 deal

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
Irons/Wedges:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
                             Ping i25 4-UW w Ping AWT 2.0 X-Shafts, SW/LW Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge flex shafts                           
Grips:  Lamkin UTx Midsize Black
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1
Putter Shaft/Grip:   Flow Neck - Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 32.5"w Super Stroke Traxion 2.0 XL

Plumbers Neck - Custom PX 5.5 shaft @ 32.5"w Super Stroke Traxion GT 1.0

Ball:  Callaway Diablo Tour 3-Piece

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

My only concern is QC. If that’s there it’s a no brainer

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

My American brothers and sisters are so lucky to get prices like that.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

For me QC is not a concern as there are few ball plants in the world and the factory making the Maxfli ball is probably the same one that makes Snell, Vice, and other non-OEM balls.

The maxfli U4X a few years back was better than the ProV1x of that era, at least for me. When they closed out at 16.99 a dozen I bought out the store... 8 dozen. Lasted me almost two seasons, and I was using non-conforming wedges that fishgilled the heck out of it, making me replace the ball after 3-4 full wedges. But the Nike RZN Black fishgilled too and cost 3x as much per dozen.

The only issue I could see with these is the concern of off centered cores; it seems Titlest and Bridgestone have the most consistent balls in that respect. At 2/45 bucks though, hard to argue unless I’m playing competition rounds, which I rarely do. May have to pick up a box or two... sound like the new (or even just recycled) U/4 ball here... and that’s a really good thing!

Taylormade SIM - 9.75* - Diamana S Limited 
TaylorMade M5 - 14.25* - Tensei Orange
Callaway Apex 3h - 20* - Project X Catalyst

Calloway Apex 4h - 23* - Rogue Silver
PXG 0311p Gen 2 - 5-Pw - Modus3 105

Titleist AP2 - 50* - Dynamic Gold
Wedgeworks V-Grind - 54* - Dynamic Gold
Vokey Spin Milled - 62* - Dynamic Gold
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5
Titleist Pro V1
Titleist Staff Stand Bag

Same with me. Ordered 2 dozen for $45 of the X version after watching the video. Golf Galaxy also has them(since they’re owned by Dick’s). Excited to try them.

Cobra F8+ 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 60X

Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood 14.5* Diamana Whitebaord 70X

Bridgestone J33 5 wood 18* Diamana Whiteboard 70X

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper 130X

Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*, 60* KBS C-Taper 125S+

Odyssey O-Works 7s

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Maxfli is made by Foremost Golf in Taiwan the same plant that makes Oncore, Vice, etc. In fact, the original Vice Pro was the same ball as an older version of the Maxfli Tour circa 2011 or so and the Kick X Tour Z was the same ball too.

However, I keep reminding people Snell's balls are made in S Korea by Nassau and are his own designs.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I love the guys at TXG, but their ball test only test initial launch. Dimple pattern has such a huge effect on ball flight. I'd love to see them do it at the range with a radar.

Epic Flash SZ 9° Kuro Kage DC tx
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
Z765 4-G Modus3 125x
SM6 56°/60° Super Peening Blue
Spider X Chalk
Z Star XV

FYI, I believe the Spy guys ball test evaluated outdoors at range and found similar results.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Great point here. Srixon balls are very good too, I just feel like I’m between the two models with them. The XV feels very very firm, despite mine liking the V1x and Tour BX... the XV to me feels like a pinnacle gold lol. And the standard Z Star doesn’t have the zip I want on the mid irons. For me, it’s the opposite, but sorta same issue I have with TP5 and TP5x... I’d like a ball between the two; lower than the TP5x with more spin on mid irons, and not as spinny off driver as TP5.

For whatever reason, the V1x and TourBX are Goldilocks zone for me, and so was the old U/4x.

But I can’t disagree; the srixon is likely to have slightly higher quality and quality control than these maxfli balls. However, the MG$ test did find an alarming # of srixon balls with off center cores.

Taylormade SIM - 9.75* - Diamana S Limited 
TaylorMade M5 - 14.25* - Tensei Orange
Callaway Apex 3h - 20* - Project X Catalyst

Calloway Apex 4h - 23* - Rogue Silver
PXG 0311p Gen 2 - 5-Pw - Modus3 105

Titleist AP2 - 50* - Dynamic Gold
Wedgeworks V-Grind - 54* - Dynamic Gold
Vokey Spin Milled - 62* - Dynamic Gold
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5
Titleist Pro V1
Titleist Staff Stand Bag

Been using the Maxfli tour since released last year. Ball is great from top to bottom of bag. It is legit. Hope DSG doesn't change or discontinue it.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra F9 @ 11.5 Degrees

5 Wood: Cobra F8 @ 18 Degrees

Hybrid: Cobra 3-4 OS @ 20.5 degrees

Hybrid: Cobra F9 @ 24 Degrees

Irons: Callaway Apex 19's 6-SW

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degrees

Putter: PXG Closer

I highly doubt DSG will increase the prices but there is a possibility that the growing buzz on this ball could get this ball chronically sold out, just like when Costco first released their Kirkland ball.

Also sign up for rewards and you can sometimes get a $10 off coupon.

$Also sign up for rewards and coupons, and you can sometimes get another 1

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, MC Diamana Thump 75S

Hybrids: TEE CBX 119, 19* & 22*, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 85S+

Irons: TM M6, 5-PW, Accra 80i

Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 50*, 55* & 60*, Accra 80i

Putter: SC Special Select Newport, 355g, KBS CT Tour, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0

Ball: Maxfli TourBag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid/BagBoy Quad XL

Accessories: SkyCaddie SX400/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Played 18 holes last Saturday and hit some of my longest and best drives of the year. Shot an 82 with two lost balls and 2 or 3 missed birdie changes. That's about the best round of the year so far. Needless to say, I'll be playing it again this week to see if that was a fluke or the real deal. Couldn't get over how great it felt off the driver.

• Like 1

I played a round with the Maxfli last week. I really liked it. I think the center of gravity feature is a gimmick, but the ball is definitely legit. It was what I expect from a premium "tour" urethane ball. For the money, it is tough to beat.

On a side note, I wonder what kind of Black Friday deal Dick's will do on this ball? I can see them going crazy low on the price to grab some holiday sales.

• Like 1

I believe it was year before last (2018) they did a Black Friday price of 2 for $40 on the Maxfli Tour and I bought two dozen to take to the beach. There's a course there where I always seem to lose a dozen-plus balls over three rounds of golf and I didn't want to be losing expensive balls. I went with the Maxfli Tour X and I liked them fine.