Garmin MARQ golfer review?

• 2 months later...

I have one, been using it as my daily wear watch for the past few weeks, also ended up buying the titanium bracelet for it as well. Used it on the course for the first time last weekend, and it worked great. I did have one small issue where the auto club tracking wasn't working (the watch wouldn't ask me what club I used after every shot), but found out one of the settings was turned off for this functionality (which isn't really the watch's fault, was my own user error, should have read the manual more thoroughly). Otherwise it's a great daily watch. I get about 7-8 days of battery, I'm sure I could extend that by a couple days if I changed some of my settings around as well. 

Pro Tip: If you're looking to get a discount, you can buy a 20% discount code off of ebay for about $60 (only works on the  Garmin website). Brings the price of the watch down to just under $1500 before tax 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:12 PM, raheelc said:

I have one, been using it as my daily wear watch for the past few weeks, also ended up buying the titanium bracelet for it as well. Used it on the course for the first time last weekend, and it worked great. I did have one small issue where the auto club tracking wasn't working (the watch wouldn't ask me what club I used after every shot), but found out one of the settings was turned off for this functionality (which isn't really the watch's fault, was my own user error, should have read the manual more thoroughly). Otherwise it's a great daily watch. I get about 7-8 days of battery, I'm sure I could extend that by a couple days if I changed some of my settings around as well. 

Pro Tip: If you're looking to get a discount, you can buy a 20% discount code off of ebay for about $60 (only works on the  Garmin website). Brings the price of the watch down to just under $1500 before tax 

Awesome, I would love to see some pics if you don't mind. 

They changed the processing time from 1-3 business days to 3-5 weeks one day before I bought it, I couldn't believe my luck. 

Also, as far as buying to discount on ebay is concerned. You can get that discount for free with the Miles app. 

By just downloading the app you get 1500 miles for free, the discount costs 300 miles. That's where the ebay guys get theirs.

Cheers

5 hours ago, dsq.eng said:

Awesome, I would love to see some pics if you don't mind. 

They changed the processing time from 1-3 business days to 3-5 weeks one day before I bought it, I couldn't believe my luck. 

Also, as far as buying to discount on ebay is concerned. You can get that discount for free with the Miles app. 

By just downloading the app you get 1500 miles for free, the discount costs 300 miles. That's where the ebay guys get theirs.

Cheers

Will try and take some pictures in the morning. Yeah when I was initially about to purchase it also said 3-5 weeks, and then a couple days later it changed to 1-3 business days, so I placed an order. Shipped the next day with free 2-day shipping. 

Interesting, didn't know about the miles app, I'll check it out for future use. 

If anyone is looking for a deal on this watch, River Edge Jewelers has a 35% off sitewide until tomorrow. The code, RIVER35, works on the Marq Golfer. Brings the price down to $1,202.50 before tax/shipping. This is the lowest price I've seen anywhere for the watch.

https://shop.riveredgejewelers.com/collections/garmin/products/garmin-010-02394-00-marq-golfer-modern-tool-smart-watch

I have bought a few other watches from them in the past, and they have great customer service.

5 hours ago, dsq.eng said:

Ok, that's it. I'm gonna try to cancel my Garmin order and get the additional 15% from River Edge. Thanks man.

I say go for it. Shouldn't be too difficult to cancel the Garmin order since it hasn't shipped yet. I would have returned mine to Garmin and purchased from River Edge as well, but I've already worn mine lol. Will also try and post up some pictures tomorrow.

Cancelled the Garmin order.

Bought from River Edge.

Didn't expect them to have it in stock but a couple of hours later they send me a FedEx tracking number for delivery on tuesday.

I call them to see if they can overnight the watch and I'd just pay the difference in shipping cost.

Manager calls me back saying the watch had actually been sold, 

and that my options were getting my money back or having them order one for delivery next week.

I'm really disappointed in the sales tactic.

So, supposedly in between 7AM when I bought the watch and 10AM when I got the tracking number,

nobody went upstairs to the showroom to grab the only in-stock and now SOLD watch so that it doesn't get sold to someone else.

The odds are that there was no watch to begin with and they're playing games, but we'll see what happens next week. 

Garmin told me that the next batch will be ready to ship on the 25th. How River Edge plans to get one next week and have it in my hands is a mystery right now.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:20 PM, dsq.eng said:

Cancelled the Garmin order.

Bought from River Edge.

Didn't expect them to have it in stock but a couple of hours later they send me a FedEx tracking number for delivery on tuesday.

I call them to see if they can overnight the watch and I'd just pay the difference in shipping cost.

Manager calls me back saying the watch had actually been sold, 

and that my options were getting my money back or having them order one for delivery next week.

I'm really disappointed in the sales tactic.

So, supposedly in between 7AM when I bought the watch and 10AM when I got the tracking number,

nobody went upstairs to the showroom to grab the only in-stock and now SOLD watch so that it doesn't get sold to someone else.

The odds are that there was no watch to begin with and they're playing games, but we'll see what happens next week. 

Garmin told me that the next batch will be ready to ship on the 25th. How River Edge plans to get one next week and have it in my hands is a mystery right now.

Dam, sorry to hear about the mishap, I've bought a couple watches (Ball, Seiko) from them before and only had one minor mishap. I guess the bright side is you still got the extra 15%, will just have to wait slightly longer for it. To give you some hope, when I bought a Ball watch from them early this year, the picture and description that had written on their site for the watch stated it came with a metal bracelet and rubber strap in the box. However, when I received the watch it only came on the metal bracelet. I contacted them, and they were apologetic, and ordered a rubber strap direct from Ball and had it shipped to me at no extra cost. Did take a few weeks because the strap came from Switzerland, but they did come through at the end of the day, 

15 hours ago, dsq.eng said:

Yup, I was fully prepared to wait 4 weeks.

Then they spring the shipping label on me and I felt happy as could be. 

I still got a great deal, it takes as long as it takes.

For sure. It's definitely worth the wait, I'd suggest buying the titanium bracelet as well, super comfortable. Played 18 on Sunday with the watch on the bracelet and it was super comfortable the entire round. Also, to hold you over, here are two quick pictures I just took. Will try and take some better ones, with the other straps as well. 

20200908_145522_HDR.jpg

20200908_145540_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did he say just under 1500 with discount. WOW

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115