How many hybrids are in your bag and your age?

I am 43, and I carry a 17 and a 20 if I am taking a full set - but often I only carry 9 or so clubs, in which case I have a driver, 17 hybrid (both for tee and long fairway shots) and a half set irons.

Much prefer hitting hybrids to fairway woods, so much so that I sold off the latter and haven't missed them. I cannot stress enough how much I love the Anser 17 degree. It's played a big part in getting me to my lowest handicap ever.

• PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60g S
  • PING Anser 17 & 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • PING iBlade 4-W Green Dot CFS 80-S +.75"
  • PING Anser Forged 50, 54, 60* Blue Dot DG Spinner +.5"
  • PING Anser Milled 1 WRX 35" PP60

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're not all naïve. Using the choice of touring pros to justify your choices, as if you're that good. In case "YOU" haven't played with touring pros, they have to make cuts to make money and they

Going a bit off topic but I've got to chime in. I carried 15 clubs for a season. Couldn't make up my mind what to pull out. I mentioned it to a guy in my group that I carried 15 clubs and he would mak

When Dana Quigley played the Champions tour I think his first iron was a 7 and the rest were hybrids.   Edit - correct. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/myshot_gd0611

0 and 19.

Driver: Taylormade M5 9.0, Graphite Design YS-6X

3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel T/S, Graphite Design YS-6S

5-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 5, MAS 2

Driving Irons: (2) Taylormade P790 UDI (3) Taylormade P790, Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 (2) True Temper S300 (3)
Irons: (4-PW) 716 AP2 True Temper S300 AMT
Wedges: (52, 58) Taylormade Milled Grind 2 SB, True Temper S200
Putter: Ping 1/2 CRAZ-E L Broomstick 48"

I remember back in my 40s mentioning to some of my buddies..."look at that guy. He was a bag full of headcovers (not iron covers either).." Well, I am that guy now but I got there one club at a time. My first non-driving iron style hybrid was a TM 4 hybrid. I will never forget my first shot with it. I was in my usual spot on a hole I played often. Had a tree directly in line between the pin and my ball. In the past, I would take my 4iron and hit a big draw around the tree towards the green (not a high ball hitter). I pulled out that 4hybrid and went directly towards the pin. Ball flew high over the top of the tree onto the green and I was sold. Over time, I replace my 5 and 6 irons with TM hybrids. I also have a TM 3hybrid but most of the time it is not in my bag. Instead I still have one of the driving iron style hybrids in my bag.

So, I have 4,5,6 hybrids and a 16" driving iron style hybrid (no cover)

So, I am now that old man with all those headcovers...total of 6 which includes my putter.

54, 2 hybrids - G10 21 and 24 degree with steel shafts. Never could get one not to hook with graphite shafts. I could put my 4 iron in play, but these hybrids go so straight and are more conistent with yardages.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie