Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

As mentioned above in the thread, January 2021 release for US as it stands...current custom orders can still be taken until existing stock runs out, which, unfortunately could be until next week, or maybe as far as June 2021 - no one seems to be able to predict that.  

I doubt there will be any further discounts on the existing line but that's also hard to say.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooooooooooooo, I apologize in advance for any financial decisions that have to be made as a result of this post. First swing with the gap wedge. ......  

Probably got even stranger looks when ya took the sharpie to their wood floors.

Just got these back and glued them up last night. Maybe the first set of Srixon ZX7 in raw that anyone has in the world right now? Love that they are starting to darken already and can't wait to put t

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, av1084 said:

As mentioned above in the thread, January 2021 release for US as it stands...current custom orders can still be taken until existing stock runs out, which, unfortunately could be until next week, or maybe as far as June 2021 - no one seems to be able to predict that.  

I doubt there will be any further discounts on the existing line but that's also hard to say.

Has Srixon provided any rationale as to why they’re releasing in Europe now and not the US until next year?  This will definitely cost them sales IMHO.   

1 hour ago, ski350 said:

Has Srixon provided any rationale as to why they’re releasing in Europe now and not the US until next year?  This will definitely cost them sales IMHO.   

glad you’ve done the analysis for Srixon Executives, send them this information directly and I’m sure they would take it into consideration 😂😂😂

all kidding aside, I don’t think they’re a company that worries about timing or release dates - guys that play them love them and are loyalists and if they pick up a couple of stragglers along the way then they’re ecastatic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

glad you’ve done the analysis for Srixon Executives, send them this information directly and I’m sure they would take it into consideration 😂😂😂

all kidding aside, I don’t think they’re a company that worries about timing or release dates - guys that play them love them and are loyalists and if they pick up a couple of stragglers along the way then they’re ecastatic.

Thanks for clarifying Srixon’s release timing rationale.....

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ski350 said:

Thanks for clarifying Srixon’s release timing rationale.....

I know brand and marketing my man, and I have been alongside many Industry leaders to know rationale....you could make this case for a larger OEM, not boutique companies.

The release could actually be a strategic advantage ahead of February and March releases for larger OEM’s

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

I know brand and marketing my man, and I have been alongside many Industry leaders to know rationale....you could make this case for a larger OEM, not boutique companies.

The release could actually be a strategic advantage ahead of February and March releases for larger OEM’s

Again, thanks....

• Haha 3
On 9/29/2020 at 8:40 AM, ski350 said:

They haven't but one could guess. Most likely a combination of supply chain constraints (possibly due to Covid) and marketing priorities. It's pretty clear that Srixon prioritizes Asia and the EU over NA. I am sure their sales analysis backs this up. And my personal observations of relative brand power in those markets agrees with this.

If they are limited in the amount of product they can bring to market, it makes sense to send that product where the demand is going to be highest. It may cost them sales in North America, but probably less than it would cost them in either Asia or Europe.

Edited by WalterSlovotsky88
grammar
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Danimal269 said:

Has anyone fromEurope on here ordered these yet? Just looking to live vicariously through you for a bit. Would love to hear more about these in hand.

Just ordered a combo set today. ZX5 4&5 iron and ZX7 6-PW with Modus 120 shafts. Pro saying a couple of working weeks delivery time.

Stock levels are already fairly low in UK apparently, especially in Zipcore wedges so happy to be waiting until spring before looking at replacing those.

In no rush to get them the weather in NW England is getting increasinly cold, wet and windy.

• Thanks 1
On 8/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, UnderPar18 said:

I think it’s because they refined the driving iron and really are going to push for its sales. That being said my 785 4 iron is really easy to hit and I never used to think that about most 4 irons so personally it’s a little disappointing. I wonder how they will end up pricing the sets too

The U85 is in the bag however I stil lhave my 765 4 iron and I take out every now ang again, still very easy to hit.  

Ping - G410 LST (11.5°) Dr, w/tensei ck orange

Ping - G400 (16.5°) 5 Wood, w/alta cb 65 

Ping - G410 (19°) 3h, w/alta cb 70 red 

Srixon - Z765 4-9 Iron (+2° loft), w/DG S300  

Titleist - Vokey SM8 48°F, 52°F, 56°S, 60°M w/DG  

SeeMore - Nashville z3c black w/ superstroke claw 2.0 

Srixon - Z Star

On 9/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, gsrjc said:

When will the new Z irons be released, anyone know for sure. I heard rumors of October. 

I ordered a combo set of Z785 and Z Forged about two moths ago (before the ZX7 leak/release) and I still don’t have them.  The Z Forged heads have been out of stock that whole time.  They just got some in.  So I would assume they will not be releasing in US until next year based on supply chain issues.

Ping G410 LST - Tour 65 stiff
Ping G410 LST 15 3 wood - Ping Tour 75 stiff
Titleist 818 H1 19 degree - tensei white stiff. 
Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron - Hazardous black 6.0
Ping I210 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
PIng Glide 3.0 51, 55, 59 DG S400
SCOTTY CAMERON Newport 2  Notchback 38" Dual balance
Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, zgarr5580 said:

These still forged by endo? 

Heard they’re forged by endy now 

• Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 20.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Srixon Z785 4-P KBS $ Taper PVD 130X  
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50/54/60 Steelfiber 125X
PXG Gen 2 Operator
ProV1X Left Dash / Tour BX

As I am seeing what is coming out. These are still the front runners in my mind.. Will have to see as more and more get revealed over the next couple months. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

35 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

As I am seeing what is coming out. These are still the front runners in my mind.. Will have to see as more and more get revealed over the next couple months. 

Same. At this point, I really just want to see a lot of well reviewed comparisons of how they play against current 785's. By well reviewed comparisons, I don't mean some English bloke on a launch monitor. So we'll see what I get....

35 minutes ago, MillerLowLife said:

Same. At this point, I really just want to see a lot of well reviewed comparisons of how they play against current 785's. By well reviewed comparisons, I don't mean some English bloke on a launch monitor. So we'll see what I get....

Haha.. Why are they are British?? I was am impressed by a bunch out there. Because they are all so good. I want to wait and see. The Taylormade stuff is good, the Srixon stuff looks good, the callaway stuff looks good. I am a little meh on the Mizuno JPX stuff, but it will for sure perform. 

Cobra has to be coming out with something. Plus ping is due for something other than the G425 line stuff. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Will have to see as more and more get revealed over the next couple months. 

I'm in the market for new irons and was thinking about that, too. Essentially, how long should I wait? Just trialed the HMBs and liked, but not loved them. 

But what else is coming? Callaway with a new Apex / Apex pro line (in January?), Ping possibly with something in addition to the 425 (i500 and i210 successor?)? Cobra had their forged Tec out last November, I don't anticipate a new player's GI / players Iron from them. What am I missing? 

2 minutes ago, Seidinho said:

I'm in the market for new irons and was thinking about that, too. Essentially, how long should I wait? Just trialed the HMBs and liked, but not loved them. 

But what else is coming? Callaway with a new Apex / Apex pro line (in January?), Ping possibly with something in addition to the 425 (i500 and i210 successor?)? Cobra had their forged Tec out last November, I don't anticipate a new player's GI / players Iron from them. What am I missing? 

The answer for everyone is different. The Taylormade stuff is already out.  Callaway has some new stuff this month and will have more in Feb.  Cobra is "usually" a fall release so they should be show casing something soon I would think.. We know the srixon stuff is Feb. 

Me, I am going to wait till at least Jan. My season is rapidly approaching over any way so there is no rush. Plus as I said, I really like the srixon x7s so far and I would have to wait anyway. 

19 hours ago, zgarr5580 said:

These still forged by endo? 

Both forged in Japan. I ordered ZX5's 4-PW. I've seen the heads but haven't hit them, but was impressed to enough to order them 3 weeks ago. Put Aerotech's in them. I hoping they should arrive towards the end of next week. Thought about blending them but decided to have them consistent.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ashortgame said:

Both forged in Japan. I ordered ZX5's 4-PW. I've seen the heads but haven't hit them, but was impressed to enough to order them 3 weeks ago. Put Aerotech's in them. I hoping they should arrive towards the end of next week. Thought about blending them but decided to have them consistent.

Same with fiber 115s

7 hours ago, ashortgame said:

That sounds exactly how my order will go in minus the 4i. How much up charge for the Aerotechs?

On 10/3/2020 at 1:24 AM, ashortgame said:

Good to know! I believe I'll order the 4 and 5 in the ZX5 and 6-pW in the ZX7.