Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

GolfSwang

Modus are stock shafts. 

I just put in a pre-order with project x lz 6.0 shafts. 

3 utility 

4-6 zx5

7-pw zx7 

All iron specs to be bent to zx7 lofts. 

Currently play 4-7 565s and 8-pw 765s. All with 6.0 lz shafts. 

I bought these irons used a few seasons ago and love them. Can’t wait to play these updated irons. 

Stay well everyone. 👊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

14 hours ago, mchambers said:

Does anyone know if the KBS $Taper LIte are offered?  Seems odd they have C-Taper and C-Taper lite option.  But did see $Taper option just not lite.

Thanks,

https://www.srixon.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-Srixon-Library/default/dw9de0d97a/pdf/2021-2022_Srixon_Custom_Catalog.pdf

13 hours ago, fsusp said:

Modus are stock shafts. 

I just put in a pre-order with project x lz 6.0 shafts. 

3 utility 

4-6 zx5

7-pw zx7 

All iron specs to be bent to zx7 lofts. 

Currently play 4-7 565s and 8-pw 765s. All with 6.0 lz shafts. 

I bought these irons used a few seasons ago and love them. Can’t wait to play these updated irons. 

Stay well everyone. 👊

Curious where you were pre-ordering? Tried to on their site and doesn't say it's available until 1/6/21 I think?

Nothing is safe in my bag!

52 minutes ago, Sonja Henie said:

Rox, please let us know your thoughts on the ZX utility once you get a chance to hit it.  

Will do!

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

On 12/26/2020 at 1:12 PM, Redenfield said:

Have these made it into fitting carts at places like club champion, edwin watts, etc in the US yet? 

I hit some stock demos at Golfers Warehouse this afternoon, which is part of the Worldwide Golf chain that includes Edwin Watts, so you might have some luck there.  I'd bet Club Champion has them as well, even if the ordering process isn't in place yet.

• Like 1

Need some good GolfWRX advice. I have been in Ping i210s for over 2 years now. I have tried a couple different Mizuno's and always go back to Pings. I have hit Srixons before and they have always been the only irons I felt could match the Pings in turf interaction for me. The new ZX series really have my attention more than anything they've offered before. The 65's always seems too big and blade too long. The 85's were close but I never really pulled the trigger. If I am going to unseat the Pings, this may be the year. I am a 5 HC and ball striking is not what keeps me there. Its my short game and putting. Should I go all ZX5s or combo from 7-W in ZX7s? Are the 7's going to be as forgiving as the i210s? 

27 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Need some good GolfWRX advice. I have been in Ping i210s for over 2 years now. I have tried a couple different Mizuno's and always go back to Pings. I have hit Srixons before and they have always been the only irons I felt could match the Pings in turf interaction for me. The new ZX series really have my attention more than anything they've offered before. The 65's always seems too big and blade too long. The 85's were close but I never really pulled the trigger. If I am going to unseat the Pings, this may be the year. I am a 5 HC and ball striking is not what keeps me there. Its my short game and putting. Should I go all ZX5s or combo from 7-W in ZX7s? Are the 7's going to be as forgiving as the i210s? 

You will have no trouble gaming the 7s. Only awful strikes are punished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctorbloor said:

Second this.  I hit the 5's and the 7's, and had comparable loss on mishits.  My miss is thin, and I found the 7's to be surprisingly forgiving on those strikes. 

Thanks to all. Good to know. I am still leaning to a combo set. I don’t think the 5s can hurt in the 4-6. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, davo32683 said:

Curious where you were pre-ordering? Tried to on their site and doesn't say it's available until 1/6/21 I think?

I have a coach’s account for my golf team. 

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

From the reviews I have seen, there isn't a huge advantage in going with the zx5's in the long irons over the zx7.  I know people like to combo sets when able, but the few reviewers hitting both together do not speak of a big advantage in forgiveness in the zx5 over the zx7.  Feel and sound are important to me, and it appears that the zx7 is noticeably better in this category. Therefore, I plan to order a full set 5-pw of the zx7 with steelfiber shafts on the 6th.  Looking forward to it.  

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

3 minutes ago, COmedic said:

@MobI think the advantage with the 5’s is higher launch. I have an 85 series combo set after first owning a straight 785 4-pw set. The 585 long irons are much easier to get up in the air consistently for me. I’m planning on 4&5 in the zx5 for that reason. 

Excellent point.  Height isn't typically an issue for me, but certainly worth factoring into the decision.  Since I don't play a 4 iron, the only iron I would then consider in the zx5 would be the 5 iron.  I think I will still go straight zx7, and if I am having problems elevating the 5 iron enough, then I could always buy that one zx5 iron, I hope.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

45 minutes ago, jt2gt said:

Looks great.....more details, please.  Looks like steelfiber shafts, which did you go with.  Would love to hear thoughts on all including zipcores with steelfiber.  Thanks.

Some more details...

Yes...steelfiber’s: i110 CW’s S flex.  5 iron thru 60*.  Have used Recoil 110’s for past few seasons but have been experimenting with steelfiber’s and c taper lites this fall/winter.  Recoils have gone a little too left on more aggressive swings so hoping for good things with the Steelfiber’s.

New zip core head shapes are very good...my wedge set up is...stock PW at 45, zip core 48 bent to 50 (I prefer a smaller head shape of 48 than the zip core 50), 54 bent to 55 and a 60.  

Coming soon...ZX4 4 iron...22* tour AD DI 85 X hybrid shaft...

A42A8EF2-4086-462C-AF3D-0DF468C9C19C.jpeg

F57BBCCB-C83C-48CD-AFC7-E670DB851644.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mob said:

From the reviews I have seen, there isn't a huge advantage in going with the zx5's in the long irons over the zx7.  I know people like to combo sets when able, but the few reviewers hitting both together do not speak of a big advantage in forgiveness in the zx5 over the zx7.  Feel and sound are important to me, and it appears that the zx7 is noticeably better in this category. Therefore, I plan to order a full set 5-pw of the zx7 with steelfiber shafts on the 6th.  Looking forward to it.  

I think you should try the ZX5...they may surprise you. IMO their feel is still very good and their numbers seem to show more forgiveness over the ZX7.  I’m still fine tuning swing weights and loft’s on both the ZX5 and the ZX7’s but the ZX5’s have been very impressive.  

2 minutes ago, fairways_and_sneaker said:

I think you should try the ZX5...they may surprise you. IMO their feel is still very good and their numbers seem to show more forgiveness over the ZX7.  I’m still fine tuning swing weights and loft’s on both the ZX5 and the ZX7’s but the ZX5’s have been very impressive.  

Have not hit but I went ZX5 with 4-7 instead of 4-6 for this very reason and what I have heard.  Good to hear that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fairways_and_sneaker said:

Some more details...

Yes...steelfiber’s: i110 CW’s S flex.  5 iron thru 60*.  Have used Recoil 110’s for past few seasons but have been experimenting with steelfiber’s and c taper lites this fall/winter.  Recoils have gone a little too left on more aggressive swings so hoping for good things with the Steelfiber’s.

New zip core head shapes are very good...my wedge set up is...stock PW at 45, zip core 48 bent to 50 (I prefer a smaller head shape of 48 than the zip core 50), 54 bent to 55 and a 60.  

Coming soon...ZX4 4 iron...22* tour AD DI 85 X hybrid shaft...

A42A8EF2-4086-462C-AF3D-0DF468C9C19C.jpeg

F57BBCCB-C83C-48CD-AFC7-E670DB851644.jpeg

Awesome...I am looking to put together a Z745/Z945 combo for upcoming season with SF i95.  Have Zipcore 46, 52, 58 mids to play off the 41* Z945 9i.  Trying to decide if I want to put SF in the zipcores.

34 minutes ago, fairways_and_sneaker said:

Shoot, I had a definitive thought and plan, and now you guys have me doubting it. 

LEFT HANDED

Just ordered mine....thanks to the GolfWRX member....you know who you are. I ended up going with the ZX Utility in the 4, 5 & 6 in the ZX5s, then 7-W in the ZX7s. All spec'd out exactly like the Pings I have been playing for over 2 years so it will be a direct comparison. For those asking about the difference in feel, my local PGASS has a used combo set of 585/785s. I went and hit those today and I honestly couldn't tell much difference in feel. I have a method where I use my AirPods and hit with them in and no music playing. It makes all clubs sound the same so you lose the auditory feedback and can concentrate on feel. No difference to me. The 585s do sound higher pitched without the AirPods but the differences are minute. If they've improved on them to the ZX series, I wouldn't worry about a combo set at all.

4 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Just ordered mine....thanks to the GolfWRX member....you know who you are. I ended up going with the ZX Utility in the 4, 5 & 6 in the ZX5s, then 7-W in the ZX7s. All spec'd out exactly like the Pings I have been playing for over 2 years so it will be a direct comparison. For those asking about the difference in feel, my local PGASS has a used combo set of 585/785s. I went and hit those today and I honestly couldn't tell much difference in feel. I have a method where I use my AirPods and hit with them in and no music playing. It makes all clubs sound the same so you lose the auditory feedback and can concentrate on feel. No difference to me. The 585s do sound higher pitched without the AirPods but the differences are minute. If they've improved on them to the ZX series, I wouldn't worry about a combo set at all.

Sounds like a interesting way to test clubs but whatever works for you.  Hell 75% of the people in this forum would cut a pinky off their hand if they thought it helped their game.  I went with a full set of ZX7 5-AW because I am not a fan of wide soled irons.  I think the Member you speak of also helped me get mine ordered 🙂

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x