Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

GolfSwang

Got mine to the range today. Only one session and off matts so TIFWIW. 7s are solid. Great sound, great feel, lower trajectory than my i210s. Better distance than the i210s. Feel off the matts felt like they glided better than the i210s but won't know until hit them off real turf. The 5s are much louder than the 7s. Feel is fine but they are more clicky sounding. They launch very high and go far. Mine are 1* weak to match the 7s loft but these are going to be terrific in the 5-6 irons. With performance like this, I have no issues overlooking the sound. The star of the show may have been the ZX Utility. This thing is a rocket launcher. Its more muted than the 5s and looks so good. It is very easy to hit with a very good launch for a 4 iron and distance was probably longer than I needed in that club but it allows you to dial back and it will be a great tee club. I predict that when more people see it and hit it, it will be the top Utility club in 2021. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Got mine to the range today. Only one session and off matts so TIFWIW. 7s are solid. Great sound, great feel, lower trajectory than my i210s. Better distance than the i210s. Feel off the matts felt like they glided better than the i210s but won't know until hit them off real turf. The 5s are much louder than the 7s. Feel is fine but they are more clicky sounding. They launch very high and go far. Mine are 1* weak to match the 7s loft but these are going to be terrific in the 5-6 irons. With performance like this, I have no issues overlooking the sound. The star of the show may have been the ZX Utility. This thing is a rocket launcher. Its more muted than the 5s and looks so good. It is very easy to hit with a very good launch for a 4 iron and distance was probably longer than I needed in that club but it allows you to dial back and it will be a great tee club. I predict that when more people see it and hit it, it will be the top Utility club in 2021. 

I think you will like these on the turf more than the i210s...last two seasons I have had two sets of i210s and tested against Z745 and Z785 and various srixon combos and the srixons won each time.  Distance and feel were the two biggest wins for srixon.  Turf interaction and forgiveness were next on the list for srixon.   

18 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

I’m making the same switch. 

12 minutes ago, Go Horns! said:

How is Srixon's build quality. Any concerns with factory built irons.

I've had other manufacturers send me clubs with misaligned grips or swing weights off by a few points. Any concern with Srixon doing something like that?

You can read my original post but mine are great. Grips aligned, no issues with ferrules, swing weight is spot on with all irons, length is good. I haven't had loft and lies checked but I ordered 1* upright and you can easily see the indentions where they bent them on the soles. The hosels are clean and free from any marks. I am very pleased with mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife told me that my irons are at home waiting on me.

• Like 3

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

2 minutes ago, Murdock said:

Stunning

Look better in person than the pictures.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Did anyone get a straight set of ZX5's, with the ZX Utility 4I instead of the ZX5 4I?  I hear it's like a cannon, and the sole, blade length and offset are more than the ZX5 4I, but the ZX Utility is only 1 degree stronger (23) than the ZX5 5I (24)...ZX5 4I is 2 degree stronger at 22 deg. 

Did you bend it to match the ZX5 4I loft, or were you seeing similar/better results with gapping between the 4 and 5 iron with the ZX Utility 4 iron?  I'm just afraid with such similar lofts, the distance gap might not be as much as you'd expect/want between those clubs (although presumably the forgiveness would be more with the wider overall head).  

Wow, I placed my order on Sunday and they shipped out yesterday. Quick turnaround considering I ordered "exotic" shafts (DG120). Now I'll be hoping FedEx actually delivers on time (or early would be nice) and I have them by Monday like it currently shows. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

Wow, I placed my order on Sunday and they shipped out yesterday. Quick turnaround considering I ordered "exotic" shafts (DG120). Now I'll be hoping FedEx actually delivers on time (or early would be nice) and I have them by Monday like it currently shows. 

Damn! That’s quick.

Mine were ordered exactly 4 weeks ago, haha so much for pre-order.

Luckily I’m in no rush. 
I think from now on I’m going to just wait until launch day, since the last 3 pre-orders I placed with varying OEM’s showed up somehow after people were placing orders a few weeks later LOL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-Zone said:

Damn! That’s quick.

Mine were ordered exactly 4 weeks ago, haha so much for pre-order.

Luckily I’m in no rush. 
I think from now on I’m going to just wait until launch day, since the last 3 pre-orders I placed with varying OEM’s showed up somehow after people were placing orders a few weeks later LOL

Ditto.  How does that happen?

12 hours ago, Murdock said:

Did anyone get a straight set of ZX5's, with the ZX Utility 4I instead of the ZX5 4I?  I hear it's like a cannon, and the sole, blade length and offset are more than the ZX5 4I, but the ZX Utility is only 1 degree stronger (23) than the ZX5 5I (24)...ZX5 4I is 2 degree stronger at 22 deg. 

Did you bend it to match the ZX5 4I loft, or were you seeing similar/better results with gapping between the 4 and 5 iron with the ZX Utility 4 iron?  I'm just afraid with such similar lofts, the distance gap might not be as much as you'd expect/want between those clubs (although presumably the forgiveness would be more with the wider overall head).  

I ordered this exact set-up last week.  will post thoughts upon receipt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mojomover said:

Any suggestions on what shaft to pair up with the ZX utility? I play nippon modus 120's in my irons, so wanted some feedback on the utility shaft... 

At the advice of my fitter, I went with the same shaft as my ZX7 irons (DG120). I tend to hit those stock graphite shafts too high with too much spin so steel shaft in the utilities works better for me. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

25 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

At the advice of my fitter, I went with the same shaft as my ZX7 irons (DG120). I tend to hit those stock graphite shafts too high with too much spin so steel shaft in the utilities works better for me. 

I used the recoil 95 for a short stint in the U85 and got along with it surprisingly well, however I went away from the utility iron all together so not much to go off. I immediately dismissed it as an option thinking I'd just overpower it and it would spin too much, but I was wrong.  I do have a friend that swears by it, and he is 120 with driver. I've seen him carry his 3i U85 240-250 off the deck several times with the recoil 95 with a great boring flight and plenty of stopping power. I think that shaft just pairs well with the Srixon utilities for some reason.

19 hours ago, Go Horns! said:

How is Srixon's build quality. Any concerns with factory built irons.

I've had other manufacturers send me clubs with misaligned grips or swing weights off by a few points. Any concern with Srixon doing something like that?

I've ordered several sets of Srixon. I've never had an issue with SW or specs. I always order them with the grips off, so no comment on that.

13 hours ago, Murdock said:

I went full set of ZX5 (4i-AW). I did order the 4i, even though I normally dont play one. I'm hoping that it is forgiving enough that I can bag a 4i. That being said, I noticed the loft gapping, and I ordered a 2i and a 3i in the ZXU. The website didnt offer an option to bend the loft on the ZXU. I felt the loft gapping between the ZXU 4i and the ZX5 5i were too close. That being said, if these are really rocket launchers, perhaps the gapping will be fine.

My ZX5 driver and ZXU 2i and 3i are both shipped. My ZX5 irons are still pending.

• Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link