46 minutes ago, ReidThompson said:

How do you do that?ย 

ย 

PS - Big fan of the pod.ย 

ย 

Reidย 

ย 

ย 

Thank you, appreciate the listens! Not a DIY job, I took these to a local chrome plating place who does a lot of automotive work. They stripped them down in less than a week and no shipping time or money.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagramย  |ย ย iTunesย ย |ย ย SoundCloudย  |ย ย Spotifyย | YouTube

6 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

ย 

ย 

Thank you, appreciate the listens! Not a DIY job, I took these to a local chrome plating place who does a lot of automotive work. They stripped them down in less than a week and no shipping time or money.

Our pleasure!ย  Please revisit down the road for updated pics!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Just got these back and glued them up last night. Maybe the first set of Srixon ZX7 in raw that anyone has in the world right now? Love that they are starting to darken already and can't wait to put them in play!

ย 

IMG_1514.jpg.21b098327cba58c8131dfe504af7e579.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg.78390ec85ec04dc098495b0c1e6b0cc7.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg.e0a18f9fd58b00ac2b99f6446246aef8.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg.6e0c164266debc8f75e94d8835148d03.jpg

MEOW!!!!

ย 

Great look on those!

ย 

Rox

Edited by roxald
  • Like 1

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9ยฐ/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br ย />TSi2 15ยฐ/Aldilaย Greenย 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21ยฐ/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50ยฐ, 54ยฐ & 58ยฐ/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphardย E-Wheels V2
ย 

ย 

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

It looks like Brooks has made the move to ZX7 from his 919T, at least for this week.ย 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9ยฐย |ย Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*ย  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*ย  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleistย  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9ย  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleistย  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58ย  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

ย 

ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, Murdock said:

For those with the ZX7's, and using the set GW, how are you gapping your wedges?ย  Or are you using a different gap wedge to bridge the gap (pun intended).ย 

ย 

The split between PW (45) and GW (51) is 6 degrees, which seems like an unnecessarily largeย gap.ย  But, I may be wrong on that and maybe every players iron has a 6 degree gap between those wedges.ย ย 

ย 

Curious to know this as well. Also 51 seems like a strange number to pick. 50 is a very reasonable GW loft and transitions so nicely into a 54 and 58 after that.

ย 

Perhaps it "works" because they are both the same length? Would a OTR 50 deg specialty wedge actually be a bit shorter?ย 

Edited by KParks

I have a 50ยฐ and 54 degree ping glide 2.0 wedge. The 46ยฐ pitching wedge in the set is it the perfect transition.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

43 minutes ago, Murdock said:

For those with the ZX7's, and using the set GW, how are you gapping your wedges?ย  Or are you using a different gap wedge to bridge the gap (pun intended).ย 

ย 

The split between PW (45) and GW (51) is 6 degrees, which seems like an unnecessarily largeย gap.ย ย 

You can always have custom specs. Bend PW 1 weak, bend GW 1 strong.ย 

• Like 1

I am still playing the 745s. It's time for a change and I was going to wait to see what Ping bring out, but I'm almost certain the ZX5s will be my next set.

ย 

Every review I've read says they are outstanding and I could use the extra forgiveness. Of course I'll test them first but they do look very, very good.ย 

1 hour ago, MMB1500 said:

I am still playing the 745s. It's time for a change and I was going to wait to see what Ping bring out, but I'm almost certain the ZX5s will be my next set.

ย 

Every review I've read says they are outstanding and I could use the extra forgiveness. Of course I'll test them first but they do look very, very good.ย 

ย 

I went and finally was able to see and demo the irons today.ย  Many other members have commented on the fact that they didn't notice any loss of forgiveness with the ZX7.ย  I agree, but also one thing I noticed is that with the demo 7 iron of both the ZX5 and ZX7, my distances were ultra accurate with the ZX7 where as with the ZX5 they seemed to vary much more.ย  Out of 10 shots, I had the ZX7 within ~2 yards of each other, even on somewhat poorly struck shots.ย  The ZX5 had a spread of ~8 yards.ย  Also, the distances between the two were pretty close, with the slight distance advantage being with the ZX5.ย  The really off center shots with the ZX7 appeared to get punished worse, but that was hard to tell with my limited sample size.ย ย 

ย 

Another thing I noticed when comparing my gamers to the ZX7 at address, is they had similar overall blade length (at least really close), but the ZX7 had more actual face area, because the grooves/face extended towards the toe about a 1/4" more

ย 

Granted, I had different shafts in each (PX LZ 6.5 in ZX7, AMT Tour White S300 in ZX5) which may explain the difference.ย  But I'm thinking it's more with the spring steel face, off center shots with the ZX5 were much different than flushed shots, where with the 1 piece ZX7, being off by a hair didn't matter too much.ย  My gamers, which are Bridgestone HF2 (another multi piece construction) showed the same variance as the ZX5.ย  Honestly, first time I've noticed that with my gamers, but reflecting on past rounds it makes sense.ย  I also don't use a real deal launch monitor regularly, although I have a Mevo and probably should now that I observed those differences....

But, I was truly impressed with the consistency of the ZX7.ย  For me, as a guy who's trying to get into the single digits HC, the ZX7 consistency wins for me.ย  I can be okay with losing 5 yards in distance as long as I know how far each shot goes (with ZX7).

ย 

Just my impressions, from a low teens HC'r, so YMMV

Edited by Murdock
Addt observation
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Murdock said:

ย 

The split between PW (45) and GW (51) is 6 degrees, which seems like an unnecessarily largeย gap.ย ย 

The PW in the zx7 is 46 degrees

Had the zx5โ€™s for a few rounds and range sessions. ย For me as mid single HC theyโ€™re great. ย Coming from i210s - about a club longer, feel is close, no issue with distance consistency. ย Didnโ€™t even attempt to look at the 7โ€™s as theyโ€™re smaller than 785s and all the reviews Iย read/watched beforehand didnโ€™t think I would gain much with a combo set being the hack that I am.ย 

1 hour ago, txboomboom said:

Had the zx5โ€™s for a few rounds and range sessions. ย For me as mid single HC theyโ€™re great. ย Coming from i210s - about a club longer, feel is close, no issue with distance consistency. ย Didnโ€™t even attempt to look at the 7โ€™s as theyโ€™re smaller than 785s and all the reviews Iย read/watched beforehand didnโ€™t think I would gain much with a combo set being the hack that I am.ย 

Are you getting enough spin with the ZX5's?ย  Sold my P790's b/c I couldn't spin them enough and they weren't holding greens the way I wanted them to.ย ย 

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Woodย 

Ping G430 22* Hybridย 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

TaylorMade P790 ('23) 5-AW

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

11 minutes ago, jjl said:

Are you getting enough spin with the ZX5's?ย  Sold my P790's b/c I couldn't spin them enough and they weren't holding greens the way I wanted them to.ย ย 

I know this is stated a lot, but a fitting will give you the right answer. Worth the $100 I spent. ZX5 spun way too much for me, esp with the stock Modus shaft. I couldn't get the ZX5 to NOT spin too much no matter what shaft I tried but obviously that's my swing and I don't have an optimal swing by any stretch of the imagination.ย 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XEย Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

13 hours ago, Murdock said:

ย 

I went and finally was able to see and demo the irons today.ย  Many other members have commented on the fact that they didn't notice any loss of forgiveness with the ZX7.ย  I agree, but also one thing I noticed is that with the demo 7 iron of both the ZX5 and ZX7, my distances were ultra accurate with the ZX7 where as with the ZX5 they seemed to vary much more.ย  Out of 10 shots, I had the ZX7 within ~2 yards of each other, even on somewhat poorly struck shots.ย  The ZX5 had a spread of ~8 yards.ย  Also, the distances between the two were pretty close, with the slight distance advantage being with the ZX5.ย  The really off center shots with the ZX7 appeared to get punished worse, but that was hard to tell with my limited sample size.ย ย 

ย 

Another thing I noticed when comparing my gamers to the ZX7 at address, is they had similar overall blade length (at least really close), but the ZX7 had more actual face area, because the grooves/face extended towards the toe about a 1/4" more

ย 

Granted, I had different shafts in each (PX LZ 6.5 in ZX7, AMT Tour White S300 in ZX5) which may explain the difference.ย  But I'm thinking it's more with the spring steel face, off center shots with the ZX5 were much different than flushed shots, where with the 1 piece ZX7, being off by a hair didn't matter too much.ย  My gamers, which are Bridgestone HF2 (another multi piece construction) showed the same variance as the ZX5.ย  Honestly, first time I've noticed that with my gamers, but reflecting on past rounds it makes sense.ย  I also don't use a real deal launch monitor regularly, although I have a Mevo and probably should now that I observed those differences....

But, I was truly impressed with the consistency of the ZX7.ย  For me, as a guy who's trying to get into the single digits HC, the ZX7 consistency wins for me.ย  I can be okay with losing 5 yards in distance as long as I know how far each shot goes (with ZX7).

ย 

Just my impressions, from a low teens HC'r, so YMMV

so do you think the zx7 are just as easy to hit as the zx5? Would a high handicap player be able to game the zx7 ok after some work with them?

Driver:ย Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22ย Rogue ST LS 16.5ย  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI:ย Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OGย 0211ย  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges:ย Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Midย 

Putter:ย DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball:ย Srixon Z-star XV

ย 

ย 

52 minutes ago, jjl said:

ย 
I donโ€™t see much difference on the course than before with i210s. ย Butย for me the zx5โ€™s w modus 105 shafts launch the ball higher...ย ย 

1 hour ago, Rbsiedsc said:

so do you think the zx7 are just as easy to hit as the zx5? Would a high handicap player be able to game the zx7 ok after some work with them?

ย 

Think this depends on you and your swing dynamics.ย  I definitely noticed that sub optimal shots on the ZX7 (my miss is toe side) definitely flew much shorter (~10 yrds) than the same mishit on the ZX5's.ย ย 

ย 

I wish I would have taken a photo of it, but based on my eyes, I could not tell a difference between the ZX5 and ZX7 at address with the demo 7-iron.ย  I was however looking at them indoors, under sub-optimal lighting conditions.ย  But, blade length, topline, etc. looked exactly the same.ย  Smidge more offset with the ZX5, but not huge amount.ย  Sole width was noticeably different though.ย  Srixon posted specs say the ZX5 is around 1mm longer, with 0.5mm more offset and a 3mm wider sole.ย ย 

ย 

I'd say go to your local shop and give them a whirl and see which one works best.ย  Or could always do it WRX style and buy both sets and then sell the one you don't likeย ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย