Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooooooooooooo, I apologize in advance for any financial decisions that have to be made as a result of this post. First swing with the gap wedge. ......  

Just got these back and glued them up last night. Maybe the first set of Srixon ZX7 in raw that anyone has in the world right now? Love that they are starting to darken already and can't wait to put t

Probably got even stranger looks when ya took the sharpie to their wood floors.

Posted Images

I called into the customer service line. They were very helpful (and quick!).

The ADDI is still backordered, but will be in stock around the beginning of Feb. (I wasnt expecting this to be quick, so it meets expectations)

My ZXU and ZX5s are in production and being shipped Monday. I went 4-AW, so I dont know if that means I was ahead in the line before the person that said the 4i head was backordered... or if they got more in. I ordered on 1/7.

Srixon ZX5 9.5* - GD ADDI 6S
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")

Srixon ZXU 3i - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat
Srixon ZX5 4-AW - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack - 34" 4* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

3 minutes ago, blink3665 said:

I called into the customer service line. They were very helpful (and quick!).

The ADDI is still backordered, but will be in stock around the beginning of Feb. (I wasnt expecting this to be quick, so it meets expectations)

My ZXU and ZX5s are in production and being shipped Monday. I went 4-AW, so I dont know if that means I was ahead in the line before the person that said the 4i head was backordered... or if they got more in. I ordered on 1/7.

I'd imagine the ZX5 4 and 5 irons are super high demand because they are being ordered by the ZX5 users and the combo users.

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX or Srixon ZX7 9.5* Tensei CK Pro White 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX or Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11 & 61/7 Black C-Taper S+ or Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 56/10 & 60/10 Steelfiber i110 X

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour or Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Tour Lined Stability Tour Black
Srixon Z Star XV

I just emailed with Srixon support to get an update. I was just curious. I ordered 1/9. They said exotic shafts are 2-3 weeks lead time typically and covid can add on top of that. Currently, they are scheduled to get the MMT 105 shafts I ordered on the 29th and then 5-7 business days to build so I may get them second week of Feb. 

I seriously hope all the Koepka hype train orders don't make the heads unavailable by the time it is my turn to have them built.

Edited by halfsumo

Tsi2 10*, Ventus Black 6s
G425 14.5 Ventus Blue 7s
Mizuno STZ 18*, Atmos TS Black 7s
PING G425 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 m4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx

SM8 50, 56S
Fourteen RM4 60H
Odyssey 2 ball Ten

On 1/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, DeboPga78 said:

Here are the pics. 

9A70D600-758E-4351-A0AB-75AE4FC22E63.jpeg

6BF746E2-A8E9-4CB3-9F96-43FCD84E7457.jpeg

looking for advice - coming from an old set of SLDR's and ordering ZX5 - if I want the ZX5 6 iron to measure 37" by the 'old' standard (-.25" from stock SLDR length of 37.25") I'm thinking I should order the ZX5 at -.75"?  debating between -.75" or -.5".  As another point of reference, I had the 2017 P790 and found their length to be spot on for me, they were a good .25 inch shorter than the SLDR.  Help please.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 17.5*
Ping G410 Hybrid 21*
TaylorMade DHY 4i
Srixon ZX5 5i - AW

Titleist Vokey SM8 56* 60*
EVNROLL ER1.2 TourBlade

Vessel Lite Lux

9 hours ago, even_steven said:

Anyone thinking of going ZX Utility + ZX7? Considering 3-4 in ZX utility and then 5-P in ZX7.

i have moved to this configuration with all my sets now.  i feel having a utility iron in the 3-4 spots make them way more forgiving and versatile than the regular options.  with that being said, the ZXU looks tremendous and i have heard more forgiving than its competitors.

I ordered my combo set on 1/6 and got them about a week later. Standard specs with $-taper shafts. So thrilled with my purchase. The ZX7’s (6-pw) are incredible with a great trajectory and arguably more forgiveness than my previous 785 set. Haven’t had enough swings with the ZX5 4 and 5 iron but they seem to launch pretty easy. Waiting for my 2 utility with AD DI 95x to round out the set, hoping it’ll be a great tee option. Anybody who is on the fence should absolutely try these out, you won’t regret it.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, COmedic said:

I ordered my combo set on 1/6 and got them about a week later. Standard specs with $-taper shafts. So thrilled with my purchase. The ZX7’s (6-pw) are incredible with a great trajectory and arguably more forgiveness than my previous 785 set. Haven’t had enough swings with the ZX5 4 and 5 iron but they seem to launch pretty easy. Waiting for my 2 utility with AD DI 95x to round out the set, hoping it’ll be a great tee option. Anybody who is on the fence should absolutely try these out, you won’t regret it.

Srixon did a Q&A on Instagram and stated ZX7 has a softer feel and is more forgiving than the 785. 

IMG_20210122_172440.jpg

Edited by bhj83
  • Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3W 14

Srixon ZX 3 and 4 hybrids
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50, 56, 62
Evnroll ER8v
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

11 hours ago, even_steven said:

Anyone thinking of going ZX Utility + ZX7? Considering 3-4 in ZX utility and then 5-P in ZX7.

That's what I have with the z745/u45 and what I plan on with the zx7/zx. I like the thinner soles. Will make the zx much more playable from the turf. I always felt I needed a pretty clean lie with the u45, but it is fantastic off the tee. 

TSI3 9˚ Tensei White AV Raw 65S 

ST200 3W Diamana D+ 70S

Mavrik Pro 20˚ KBS HY 80S

Z U45 NS Pro 1150

Z 745 5-PW - DG S300

(GP BCT)

RTX-4 50M/56F/60L - TI S400

(GP Z-Cord)

Toulon Las Vegas H7 - CT Tour Pearl White

21 Pro V1X

Are the zx7 longer heel to toe than the z745? What about topline? I compared the z forged next to z745 and the have a thinner toplie and sole, but are longer, which surprised me. 

TSI3 9˚ Tensei White AV Raw 65S 

ST200 3W Diamana D+ 70S

Mavrik Pro 20˚ KBS HY 80S

Z U45 NS Pro 1150

Z 745 5-PW - DG S300

(GP BCT)

RTX-4 50M/56F/60L - TI S400

(GP Z-Cord)

Toulon Las Vegas H7 - CT Tour Pearl White

21 Pro V1X

9 hours ago, tdeutmeyer said:

A quick question for anyone, Is the sole width of the Ping I200/I210 closer to the ZX5 or ZX7?    T200 or P770 compared to ZX5/7 would work also.  If I go Srixon, I will have to order these blind as there are no shops close by to check them out.

The ZX5 is very similar to the i210.  ZX a BIT sharper due to V-Sole but overall camber of i210 makes them more similar than different.

ZX7 sole  is very similar to AP2/T100.  Again, a TAD different due to angular shape of V-Sole but more similar than different.

The Srixon website has a nice graphic that shows every club in both sets from both address and off the toe.  The latter will give you a great look at the soles.

917D2 9.5 w/S+

TS2 16.5 and 21 w/AD-DI

ZX-U 3i w/NS 950GH -or- 818 H1 23 deg w/AD-DI

ZX5 5i - 6i and ZX7 7i - PW w/Modus 105

SM7 50-12, SM7 54S, and SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

I have been hitting the z765s very well, but they are now 4 seasons old. Will likely go all ZX5 , modus Tour 120 to replace my current KBSTour V. 

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Mizuno ST 180 5 wood, set to 16*
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-AW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Cleveland VP Milled No. 3 putter
3 hours ago, COmedic said:

@bhj83I saw that but rarely believe marketing. In this case, it’s absolutely the truth. I think I could have made a full set of ZX7s work as easy as the 6 iron is to hit!

u demo the zx5 also? u find them to be more forgiving then the zx7?

Callaway Rogue 9° MMT 60s
Callaway Epic 15° Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
Callaway Super Hybrid 20° 
Recoil Dart F3 75H

Srixon 765 Irons Nippon Modus 105s
Cleveland Zipcore Wedges 50/54/58 Tour Issue Spinner 
Odyssey Triple Track Double Wide Putter
Callaway Chrome Soft X Ball

🇱🇷

1 hour ago, ob1soccer said:

No, I actually didn’t demo either. I had a z585/785 combo as well as a straight 785 set previously and assumed they’d be a good fit so I just went for it. They are probably more forgiving, but mainly seem to be designed to increase launch vs ZX7 due to thicker bottom. I do think they do that. So far, though, I seem to be striking them thin compared to the ZX7s, so I haven’t seen the increased launch as regular as I would like. It’s also barely above freezing here so I don’t put too much thought into thin shots at the moment. 

• Like 1

I tried both and personally didn't notice much difference in forgiveness. My fitter also said there isn't a lot of difference in forgiveness between the two for what it's worth. I went with full set of ZX7 after hitting both extensively because the 7 gave me the best ball flight and numbers. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3W 14

Srixon ZX 3 and 4 hybrids
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50, 56, 62
Evnroll ER8v
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

thanks for the info, amazing that they made 2 clubs look that good, but are also that forgiving

Recoil Dart F3 75H

🇱🇷

First time out at the range with my new clubs. Refresher - I did an X5/x7 combo split 7/8. 12 handicap. Also first time ever hitting Srixons off dirt vs mats. First impressions - these are great clubs. Have been dealing with a hand injury so haven’t hit balls for 5 weeks. So was expecting to hit the ball poorly. Surprisingly hit the ball well and I think the clubs had a lot to do with it. 

I am generally a very shallow swinger so was concerned I wouldn’t like the v sole base on feedback I’ve read on this site. I actually loved them. Made me more confident to hit down on the ball and take nice divots. X7 feels much better than the X5. X7 feels like butter when you hit it pure. X5 feels harder but faster. I probably could have gotten the X7 7 iron because I didn’t have any issue hitting the 8 iron. But need more reps on course over time to see if I made the right split. 

Since I have problems, last night I picked up a set of Jpx 921 forged irons off of BST. I was debating for months which to go with. I got good dealson both, (thank you @pdiddy3 and @JourdanM) so I’ll play both for a bit and just keep the one I like more. Thought it would be better to scratch the itch now vs always wondering. 

Even though it was one range session, Srixons will be hard to beat. I think the v soles are the real deal. If you’ve never tried them, I suggest you do. 

For my fellow shallow swingers who want to try to take more of a divot (which I do), the v sole actually makes you feel more confident to swing down and not hit it fat. 

Edited by DeboPga78
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, DeboPga78 said:

First time out at the range with my new clubs. Refresher - I did an X5/x7 combo split 7/8. 12 handicap. Also first time ever hitting Srixons off dirt vs mats. First impressions - these are great clubs. Have been dealing with a hand injury so haven’t hit balls for 5 weeks. So was expecting to hit the ball poorly. Surprisingly hit the ball well and I think the clubs had a lot to do with it. 

I am generally a very shallow swinger so was concerned I wouldn’t like the v sole base on feedback I’ve read on this site. I actually loved them. Made me more confident to hit down on the ball and take nice divots. X7 feels much better than the X5. X7 feels like butter when you hit it pure. X5 feels harder but faster. I probably could have gotten the X7 7 iron because I didn’t have any issue hitting the 8 iron. But need more reps on course over time to see if I made the right split. 

Since I have problems, last night I picked up a set of Jpx 921 forged irons off of BST. I was debating for months which to go with. Since I got a good deal on both, (thank you @pdiddy3 and @JourdanM) I’ll play both for a bit and just keep the one I like more. Thought it would be better to scratch the itch now vs always wondering. 

Even though it was one range session, Srixons will be hard to beat. I think the v soles are the real deal. If you’ve never tried them, I suggest you do. 

For my fellow shallow swingers who want to try to take more of a divot (which I do), the v sole actually makes you feel more confident to swing down and not hit it fat. 

I love that you write " Since I have problems". Nice to know we are all together in this

• Thanks 1

Recoil Dart F3 75H

🇱🇷

I love that you write " Since I have problems". Nice to know we are all together in this

It’s def a sickness. I mean who buys another set of clubs before they tried a brand new set they just bought. Plus I have a set of barely used t200s that I’m sure hate me right now for giving them no love. I blame this website for enabling me. 

Edited by DeboPga78
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone get a chance to test out the zx utilities?  I currently have a zu85 3 and wondering how it compares in terms of forgiveness and turf interaction.  Sole is quite a bit chunky in the zu85 but it is so easy to launch.  Wondering if the new one would be better all around out of the rough as well.  Be a nice compliment to the zx7 4-p.  

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

46 minutes ago, BirdieRoll said:

Rumor on the ZX4 thread is a 2/22 pre-sale with a 3/5 launch date.

That time frame is what I have heard as well. 

:smilie_titty: TSi2 10.5 GD IZ5 
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12