Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

4 minutes ago, Mob said:

I go into my office just to pull out my zx7's and swing them.  Snow on the ground here; not sure I can wait to hit these again.  I have a golf trip coming up in 6 weeks, that will be the first time I get to hit them again.  These irons are just beautiful and the feel at impact, from 2 rounds of play, is as good as any iron I have hit including Miura (maybe only second to the Epon AF-302).

Well since Endo forged them they should feel very similar to your Epons........  It's definitely a reason I went with the single piece forged ZX7.  My OnOff Kuro irons are the best feeling Irons I have ever hit and I just hope the ZX7 are close.   

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-AW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooooooooooooo, I apologize in advance for any financial decisions that have to be made as a result of this post. First swing with the gap wedge. ......  

Just got these back and glued them up last night. Maybe the first set of Srixon ZX7 in raw that anyone has in the world right now? Love that they are starting to darken already and can't wait to put t

Probably got even stranger looks when ya took the sharpie to their wood floors.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

Well since Endo forged them they should feel very similar to your Epons........  It's definitely a reason I went with the single piece forged ZX7.  My OnOff Kuro irons are the best feeling Irons I have ever hit and I just hope the ZX7 are close.   

I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9 degree driver with LAGP Trono 65 stiff shaft
Callaway Mavrik 15 degree fwy with Ventus Blue 70 stiff shaft
PXG Gen2 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Fuji Pro 2.0 8 stiff shaft
Srixon zx7 5-pw with Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
PM19 60 degree raw wedge
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe

1 minute ago, Mob said:

I don't think you will be disappointed.

It's snowing here so hopefully I can play them sometime soon .

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-AW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

14 hours ago, dalillama47 said:

I'm ordering the X5's 5-aw.  Could you tell me is the aw a cavity back or a blade style?  Thought I read somewhere it's a CB.

Pics attached.  Not the best - was getting some strange looks like I might be casing the joint...

7F4B6DDC-579B-427E-829F-6A7A7B8CAEDD.jpeg

03E6ACFE-6ACD-41FE-84BB-6D5A748E7309.jpeg

97B6BA3A-BBB5-4F09-9689-2BE2440B3009.jpeg

6A75359D-1FB0-4D37-88E1-545C33C70F0F.jpeg

EDAEB095-8592-406E-AA53-2A72D41B2EE8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

917D2 9.5 w/S+

2 x TS2 @ 16.5 and 21

2 x 818 H1 @ 22 and 26 w/AD-DI 95

ZX5 6i and ZX7 7i-PW - Modus 105

SM7 50-12, Vokey Forged 56-12K, SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

8 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

Pics attached.  Not the best - was getting some strange looks like I might be casing the joint...

7F4B6DDC-579B-427E-829F-6A7A7B8CAEDD.jpeg

03E6ACFE-6ACD-41FE-84BB-6D5A748E7309.jpeg

97B6BA3A-BBB5-4F09-9689-2BE2440B3009.jpeg

6A75359D-1FB0-4D37-88E1-545C33C70F0F.jpeg

EDAEB095-8592-406E-AA53-2A72D41B2EE8.jpeg

Thanks for the photo's.  I didn't realize they had a sw as well.  

Srixon ZX5, 9.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 5S.

Srixon ZX 15*.     Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 6S.

Srixon ZX  4H, 22* Aldila Tour Blue 85S.

Srixon ZX5, 5-AW, Steelfiber 95R.

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack raw 55* full grind, heel,toe and back relief, stock spinner shaft.

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack raw 60* mid, heel and toe relief, stock spinner shaft.

Pro V 1X or Z-Star VV

Curious if anyone has moved from i210 to zx7?? I love my i210’s and have a fresh set on the way. In true WRX fashion I picked the ZX7 up and hit a few balls with it and it’s all I can think about now. Just curious if anyone has played both and has feedback? I probably would go Srixon Utility at the 4 iron spot and 5-W zx7. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tee1up4 said:

Curious if anyone has moved from i210 to zx7?? I love my i210’s and have a fresh set on the way. In true WRX fashion I picked the ZX7 up and hit a few balls with it and it’s all I can think about now. Just curious if anyone has played both and has feedback? I probably would go Srixon Utility at the 4 iron spot and 5-W zx7. Thanks in advance. 

I have not, but that scenario is exactly on my mind, except perhaps ZX5 5-iron, then ZX7.

I gamed i210s this past year and just got rid of them. Went for a fitting at my local shop and hit just about everything. The ZX7 was the clear favorite and I didn't even know they existed when I walked in the door. 

• Like 1

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

15 minutes ago, belh22 said:

Where did you get the sw from?!?!

They’re not mine - saw them in a Japanese retail store and snapped pic b/c the question had been asked whether they were cavity back.

Edited by Aviador Naval

917D2 9.5 w/S+

2 x TS2 @ 16.5 and 21

Ping MnBn MyDay

Just sold my i210s last week after a little over a year and am go through a fitting this week.  I'm going in open-minded and performance will win out...but I would really be excited if the Srixon ZXs win.  

• Like 1

Ping 400 Max

M2 15 degrees

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Ping Anser Sigma 2

13 minutes ago, Meerkat213 said:

Just sold my i210s last week after a little over a year and am go through a fitting this week.  I'm going in open-minded and performance will win out...but I would really be excited if the Srixon ZXs win.  

Will be interested to know what you end up with. I wanted mizunos but couldn’t deny how good the ZX7s were. 

[b]WITB[/b]

TM Spider Tour Black

Would love some feedback from anybody that has used a ZX Utility on the course.  I have a ZX7 7i-PW and ZX5 6i (27 deg) inbound.  I know I’ll have hybrid at 21 deg and currently plan to play a 25 hybrid also - but, the ZX Utility 4 iron is very appealing and I had good luck with the T-MB at that loft a couple years ago.

917D2 9.5 w/S+

2 x TS2 @ 16.5 and 21

Ping MnBn MyDay

9 hours ago, Tee1up4 said:

This is the set. I want to break it like that and add the 4 utility. Steel or heavy graphite utility shaft..

I’ve got the 919 forged with dg 120 x100s. I want to get my stroke back coming off the winter before I go get fitted to see what shaft works. 

Anybody hit dg120 x100s and move on? Maybe $ taper?

Edited by AtlantaGolf3
4 minutes ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

This is the set. I want to break it like that and add the 4 utility. Steel or heavy graphite utility shaft..

I’ve got the 919 forged with dg 120 x100s. I want to get my stroke back coming off the winter before I go get fitted to see what shaft works. 

Anybody hit dg120 x100s and move on? Maybe $ taper?

$ taper won't be similar to dg120. Launch way higher! Get fit, hit every shaft. Modus 105 could surprise you. Lightweight, but very strong flight.

6 minutes ago, pdiddy3 said:

$ taper won't be similar to dg120. Launch way higher! Get fit, hit every shaft. Modus 105 could surprise you. Lightweight, but very strong flight.

Thanks. I already launch the DG 120 x100s really high. Maybe too high. 

Before the 919fs with DG 120 x I played 714ap2 with proj x and hated they way they felt. Stiff poles. 

Before that I played mp 30s with dg x100. 

Sounds like $taper might not be the best fit, but who knows. What’s on paper sometimes doesn’t match what happens with the flight. 

hopefully when I get fit they have a ton of shafts. I’ll test out the new Mizunos as well. I’ll see what combo works best, but I am secretly pulling for the srixons. 

5 hours ago, Tee1up4 said:

What did you like Better about the ZX7’s compared to the i210? 

Thought they had a better feel to them in general. I played blades or smaller players irons before the i210s and while I generally liked them, I hated the thickness of the sole. I’ve got a steep AoA so I’m intrigued by the V sole. 

[b]WITB[/b]

TM Spider Tour Black

9 hours ago, LPCP said:

Thought they had a better feel to them in general. I played blades or smaller players irons before the i210s and while I generally liked them, I hated the thickness of the sole. I’ve got a steep AoA so I’m intrigued by the V sole. 

The only weakness, for my game, that I have found with the i200/i210 is sole thickness.  Doesn't affect me from the fairway, but I have a harder time digging a ball out of the rough.  Seems to bounce through the grass.

16 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

Would love some feedback from anybody that has used a ZX Utility on the course.  I have a ZX7 7i-PW and ZX5 6i (27 deg) inbound.  I know I’ll have hybrid at 21 deg and currently plan to play a 25 hybrid also - but, the ZX Utility 4 iron is very appealing and I had good luck with the T-MB at that loft a couple years ago.

I have the ZX Utility in 4/23* and it is a great option in the top of the bag. Higher launching that my U500 and the hot face doesn't lose as much distance when you miss the center of the face. More forgiving as well, shots tend to stay online better when you don't put a great swing on it. Can still work the ball and flight it down to beat the wind, but the sole is a little wider so it doesn't get through the rough as well as the U500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

16 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

I picked up the 2i 18* a few weeks back and have been very happy with the results. I had a u65 in the past, which I liked, however it was hard to hit low shots. The ZX Utility allows me to hit stingers and launch the ball high when needed. Not much of a distance loss when you don't nut it, however you can definitely feel when that occurs. A few times it has been too good of a club. Thing is very long!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, GolfChicago91 said:

ZX utility might honestly be my favorite club in the bag.  Point and shoot.  So much forgiveness, solid distance, and it just wants to go straight.  Big ups to Srixon on this whole line.

Agree 100%! My only gripe, and it isn't a deal breaker, is that I wish they could have thinned and softened out the topline just a touch. Does seem large, compared to my U500 and Honma TR21x, when looking down at it. 

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

2 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Agree 100%! My only gripe, and it isn't a deal breaker, is that I wish they could have thinned and softened out the topline just a touch. Does seem large, compared to my U500 and Honma TR21x, when looking down at it. 

See, I didn't think it was bad, coming from a PXG driving iron.  The Srixon beat it in every way, shape or form.  I will say I haven't hit the U500, only quickly looked at them, and haven't seen or hit the Honma in person.

I love the ZX irons too.  Combo set is going to be kicking my gamers out of the bag.  Srixon has always bad great looking irons, but man, this ZX line is good (for me).

57 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

I have the ZX Utility in 4/23* and it is a great option in the top of the bag. Higher launching that my U500 and the hot face doesn't lose as much distance when you miss the center of the face. More forgiving as well, shots tend to stay online better when you don't put a great swing on it. Can still work the ball and flight it down to beat the wind, but the sole is a little wider so it doesn't get through the rough as well as the U500.

I got both the zx utility in 3 and 4 coming in to go with the zx7s.  I currently have the zu85 but the sole is pretty thick which makes it really hard out of the rough.  I hope the new utilities help with hitting out of the rough.  Super long and consistent when I hit them off the mat as well as improved feel/sound.  I need to figure out the top of my bag if the 3 utility will push my sim max hybrid out although I feel the hybrid may still be more versatile if i'm in trouble.  Pretty set on replacing the 4 zx7 with the utility, even though i can hit it decently.  Just would be nice to have some extra forgiveness and launch.  

Crazy thing is I ordered it through local shop and it is 4/5 weeks for lefties.  Says it's in stock on the website but the only customization I got were gray mcc +4s logo down...

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6