Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

GolfSwang

Hitting so So many very high draws that are really travelling... this is off dormant Bermuda at sea level

can’t wait to see them at home.  Next week Naples.  Myrtle the week after.  Will report in.  I smell a looow round coming.

yesterday was a 74 with two tee ball red penalty strokes on a 140 sloped course.  Every approach shot with the zx7’s found the green.   Maybe it’s the shaft?  Or combo?  Whatever it is - it works for my action

i also tossed the same shafts in my GW and SW ... also fantastic.  Need two more for the 60 and 64 now

• Like 4

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

2 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Great news for those of us in Canada, in that we can now place custom orders directly through @Srixon / Cleveland Golf. Their new website has all the options available. It also means we don't have to ue GolfTown who only seem to be able to sell stock clubs online. 

That said, I was playing around with configuring a few clubs last night and the cost of some custom shafts is becoming ridiculous. Golf is already expensive enough, and things like this don't help. 😉

2107708024_ScreenShot2021-03-05at07_39_21.png.343ba22255261d1cffaedbd4834b1011.png

With the 75 being that much more expensive, must be tour only or something. Should easily drop 1-2 strokes. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Great news for those of us in Canada, in that we can now place custom orders directly through @Srixon / Cleveland Golf. Their new website has all the options available. It also means we don't have to ue GolfTown who only seem to be able to sell stock clubs online. 

That said, I was configuring a few clubs last night and the cost of some custom shafts is becoming ridiculous. Golf is already expensive enough, and things like this don't help. 😉

2107708024_ScreenShot2021-03-05at07_39_21.png.343ba22255261d1cffaedbd4834b1011.png

That’s great to have that option now in Canada. I ordered a split set of “exotic” kbs tour 120 thru a local shop on Feb 1, was just told Srixon Canada is also waiting on components so eta is end of next week. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

I was dead set on getting the zx5.  But I’ve had such great success with the 4 utility with the neo nippon shaft and I never like bigger headed irons but  I decided to order a set of the zx4 5-pw being they are similar in specs with stock shaft  that’s love so wish me luck is going to be a blind test keep in mind I play the macromolecules pros lol bog size difference I think😜

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rbj69 said:

I was dead set on getting the zx5.  But I’ve had such great success with the 4 utility with the neo nippon shaft and I never like bigger headed irons but  I decided to order a set of the zx4 5-pw being they are similar in specs with stock shaft  that’s love so wish me luck is going to be a blind test keep in mind I play the macromolecules pros lol bog size difference I think😜

Does anyone have any side by side shots of the ZX4 and ZX5? They weren't so big that I wouldn't game them but I was surprised by the size of the ZX5 when I saw them on the rack (I currently game 919 HM Pros). 

• Like 1

my set of zx4 5 6 7  zx5 8 9 pw with Neo reg are being built mar10 ; sent mar12 . in my hands via air mar15. I went with the zx5 in the short irons to keep the feel the same as the hollow zx4 long irons.Also the zx4  pw has a huge sole .920" and looks too much. I am coming over from mizuno 919 hmp with Nippon 105 regs.

33 minutes ago, mjwidell said:

As a z745/945 iron user since 2015, I've hit every iron on the market and nothing could match the performance and playability (for my swing and game). After hitting the ZX7s, I get the same performance of the Z45s, but dare I say, better feel? It finally felt like Srixon figured out a way to make a true upgrade over the z45x. I'm not sure if it's the slightly thinner sole that's making the difference, but there definitely is a new 'magic' over the ZX7s.

That said, I had my original combo set refinished. Going to be hard to move away from these! 😎

Black Srixons.jpg

If you ever do want to get away from those I'm calling dibs!  Absolutely stunning and my favorite set ever from Srixon (or anyone for that matter).

I just recently moved to the ZX7 from the 785 irons and I'm loving the ZX7's.  Feel wasn't bad on the 785s by any means but there's something about the ZX7 that is just better.  The feel is softer and there is a noticeable "pop" off the face like they are hotter (totally unconfirmed in any data).

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, mjwidell said:

As a z745/945 iron user since 2015, I've hit every iron on the market and nothing could match the performance and playability (for my swing and game). After hitting the ZX7s, I get the same performance of the Z45s, but dare I say, better feel? It finally felt like Srixon figured out a way to make a true upgrade over the z45x. I'm not sure if it's the slightly thinner sole that's making the difference, but there definitely is a new 'magic' over the ZX7s.

That said, I had my original combo set refinished. Going to be hard to move away from these! 😎

Black Srixons.jpg

Tiger Nick did these right? Saw the IG and was drooling. 🔥

• Like 1

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

1 hour ago, pricenicky said:

my set of zx4 5 6 7  zx5 8 9 pw with Neo reg are being built mar10 ; sent mar12 . in my hands via air mar15. I went with the zx5 in the short irons to keep the feel the same as the hollow zx4 long irons.Also the zx4  pw has a huge sole .920" and looks too much. I am coming over from mizuno 919 hmp with Nippon 105 regs.

That sole was/is my only worry but i can’t deny the Xz 23 utility is my favorite club in the bag and was thinking that I would love a set of them and bamm they came out with the zx4 line btw I used to have a set of 585 and they were god clubs , we shall see lol I probably would have gotten the 89pw in zx5 of they were available

1 hour ago, mjwidell said:

Black Srixons.jpg

Oh my god, those are amazing. Who did the refinish and how much was it?

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

7 minutes ago, rbj69 said:

What were you suprised about with the zx5?

Just a thicker sole than I expected. I don't know if the length was noticeably larger than my current HM Pros (and the topline looked pretty good).

Perhaps it was just optics of the V-Sole that caught me off guard but I thought that the zx5s would be closer in size to my HM Pros whereas at least just looking on the rack I'd say the HM Pros were much closer in size to the zx7. 

36 minutes ago, KParks said:

Just a thicker sole than I expected. I don't know if the length was noticeably larger than my current HM Pros (and the topline looked pretty good).

Perhaps it was just optics of the V-Sole that caught me off guard but I thought that the zx5s would be closer in size to my HM Pros whereas at least just looking on the rack I'd say the HM Pros were much closer in size to the zx7. 

Oh ok yes I used to own the 585 and went to the mavrik pros and now I’m going zx4 being it’s top line is 1mm thinner than the utility zx that I love a lot we will see lol 

Edited by rbj69

My set of 4-Pw zx7's will ship between 3/23 and 3/27🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽. I asked if my club heads were on backorder and they said they just have a high volume of orders in their build shop and gave that time frame for my clubs to ship. I ordered 2/24 through fairway jockey so I think that's very reasonable. 

With each review I read just makes me more itchy to get these things out to the range and course! Coming from Callaway 18' Xforged btw

• Like 1

Has anyone gone from the 765s to the ZX7? How did they compare?  Currently game the 765s and nothing has beat them out since I got them! 

Edited by edryer3
  • Like 1

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

14 hours ago, gsrjc said:

I’d be interested to know too. 

same question here, i own 765, very interested.

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

So I was able to get out yesterday and today and get a little more time with the ZX7 irons.  Sunny and 45 yesterday and 50 degrees today.  Irons were every good as I hoped they would be.  Great sound and feel and great performance.  They were also longer than I anticipated.  I typically hit a PW 125 yards, and a well struck PW with the ZX7 went 130 yards.  Same happened with the 7 iron, about 5 yards longer.  I really wasn't expecting to see this in 50 degree weather, so I will have to keep an eye on it, and play alittle short of the pin, until I get my yardages dialed in.  They were a few yards longer than my TM p790 irons, which surprised me.  I am also glad that I went back to the Steelfiber shafts, they are a good match for me.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Played first 18 with my X5/X7 combo set. Bought these and a set of 921 forged a couple of months ago. After 3 range sessions, sold the mizunos. Liked the feel of the v soles. I hit the ball so well with my irons today I was shocked how good I played. 

12 handicap and haven’t played in 3 months due to a hand injury. Last round before I got hurt was an 80 with my t200s. Went out today in high winds down here in south Florida and shot an 81. Almost every iron I hit was pure. Shorter tight course so hit the X5 5 iron off multiple tees. Every time was nice high draws. Think I only missed 2 shots with my irons today. And loved the x7 pw for chipping too. Definitely made the right decision with my combo set. X5 irons very forgiving and nice high ball flight. And my X7s from shorter distances flew lower and straighter. 

also modus 105 shafts are amazing. My first set with them and they are fantastic. Have always played with true temper shafts but the modus shafts are smooth. Really happy with this purchases. Thanks again @pdiddy3

• Like 2

Link below to first 'on course' impression in late February.  What follows is a brief update after a few more rounds.  Succinctly, I simply could not be happier with the ZX7 irons.

My two most recent rounds were Jekyll and Hyde.

In the first, I was a complete fuster cluck and explored the club face like a 20 hdcp but still managed a reasonable score (79) by using very conservative course management and making a few putts.  The playable results I was getting from some pretty bad impact was amazing.  There has been a lot of discussion on ZX5 vs ZX7 - choose whatever you're most comfortable with but if you can hit them high enough, there is plenty of 'forgiveness' in the ZX7.

The second round was in strong and gusty wind and called for managing ball flight a bit more than normal.  I recognize there is no pixie dust in the clubhead and total performance is tied to overall balance of club and fit of shaft - but, I've simply never had an iron that was so easy to manipulate the trajectory and resultant spin.  It brings a lot more options into play when swinging well.  

Edited by Aviador Naval
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

I’ve been meaning to report back after my iron fitting on February 3rd.

I called the fitter last last year to book my appointment (that's how crazy golf has gotten during Covid-19; entire families taking up stalls at the range even in wet, cold, windy weather), and I went in saying I was really only interested in the ZX7s and P770s (I hit the 785s randomly at Golf Town and fell in love with them and hit my friend's P770s at the range and was actually pretty impressed).

It turned out the fitter had quite a few new releases, so I tried all of them with many shafts: ZX5, ZX7, Apex 21, Apex Pro 21, X Forged CB, P770, P7-MC, etc. I already hit most of the Titleist, Ping, and other heads before they shut down the sims at the store.

I tried many shafts with different profiles, but I told the fitter I wanted more height and spin from the combos because I had a horrible iron game last year with my Mizuno 919s, I just didn’t get enough height and spin to carry any front bunkers on specific greens. The best shaft was the Modus 105s. I’m coming from the 120x in my 919s. I probably could have gone 105x, but let’s see how these go for the season.

The two top heads for me were the ones I wanted to try the most months before the fitting, the P770 and the ZX7. They gave me the best carry, spin, and dispersion. I decided on the ZX7s since they gave the best dispersion, and the feel was so good. I thought the heads were plenty forgiving too. I was so impressed with the 785s I tried that I couldn’t say no to their successor.

Interestingly, the new Apex Pro 21s were my most hated head. The shape was gorgeous, but I’m not sure what the hell Callaway is thinking with the hollow design. The sound was awful, very brittle, and loud IMO. I think the new model is a huge step back from the previous generations. The X Forged CB on the other hand, even though I wasn't a fan of the looks of the cavity, were awesome irons. Great shape, feel, performance. Really great irons.

I only had to wait two weeks to get my irons and they specs were spot on. Big credit goes out to Srixon for getting me the irons so quickly. I guess I’m lucky to have gotten the fitting done early before word got out about how damn good these heads are.

Any questions, please let me know.

• Like 4

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i210 / 5-PW DG 120 S300 (waiting for i230s to return from PING)

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D

TITLEIST SPECIAL SELECT / FLOWBACK 5 (H)

Modus 105 stiff are awesome shafts. I tried out the 105X and really could not tell the difference

• Like 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Just got my ZX Utility (after more than 2 months of waiting). It sounds very metallic. When you bounce a ball of it it sounds like you're bouncing a penny off of it. I previously had the Z85 Utility and it did not have anywhere near the same sound/feel.

I'm almost thinking there is something loose in the head? Or something else wrong with it? Or is this how they all sound/feel?

54 minutes ago, Treyball344 said:

Just got my ZX Utility (after more than 2 months of waiting). It sounds very metallic. When you bounce a ball of it it sounds like you're bouncing a penny off of it. I previously had the Z85 Utility and it did not have anywhere near the same sound/feel.

I'm almost thinking there is something loose in the head? Or something else wrong with it? Or is this how they all sound/feel?

Mine sounds solid when hit about like a p790  I’ve never bounced a ball on it though lol