What ball do you game?

I decided on using the noodle easy straight recently but it looks like it's been discontinued. I bought a bunch of balls from wal-mart that were on clearance and I have found that I play about the same with all of them (too inconsistent, or they're all roughly the same type of ball.) I've used a pinnacle soft, but I don't like how it feels on mishits, which actually has me leaning towards it. I've also used a Srixon Marathon flightspeed. I've played found pro-v's, bridgestones, tp-5, rocketballz, kirkland. I experimented with the Wilson duo soft spin. I have duosoft optix and some callaway supersoft hi-vis balls for low light situations. I've found that I personally like the lower compression balls, on putts it feels like I don't have to put as much oomph on the swing to get the distance I want.

The main reason I play the balls I play is price, I will often lose at least a ball a round usually 2, so I don't feel like paying a lot if I'm going to lose them and the performance for me feels roughly the same, also when it comes to spending money on myself I am a really cheap bastard. I'd have no problem buying a dozen Pro V's for someone else if they wanted it. That being said if I had to go with a more premium ball I'd probably choose kirkland, good price, similar performance off the putter for my preferred style of balls, good distance.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a Bridgestone guy for a while. I used to play the B330S, but playing the Tour BX now. Great all around ball. Good distance, good feel, and enough spin.

Srixon ZStar

Courses may not want you walking around without a paid greens fee but not a one would care if someone is picking up lost balls and I highly doubt any course would consider a lost ball as their propert

I'm with you. On the putting green all those lines would give me a seizure. I'm a feel/speed putter and let line pretty much take care of itself.

• Like 1

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner Driver 10.5*, 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Hogan Apex Edge forged irons, 5-E, Apex 3 
Mizuno 52, 56, 60 wedges
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball, 36" --  Ball: Snell MTB Black

It's usually a Z-Star because they're the best bang for buck around $20-$25 a dozen. I've been playing Chrome Soft this year because I got them at $18 a dozen. I like the QST for Fall golf...

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

Played the Pro V1x until 2017 and the Pro V1 since. I know the feel and performance from tee to green and never really feel like the ball is a contributing factor to me leaving strokes out on the course. Used to test different balls for a few weeks each year, but these days I don't even bother. Too much inertia to learn how something new behaves, especially around the greens, after using the same product for the last decade. Wish they were a little cheaper though

Titleist TS3 - Diamana ZF

Mizuno MP Titanium 15* & 18* - Diamana Kai’li

Mizuno MP68 (raw) 3-PW - KBS Tour

Vokey SM7 (raw) 55*M & 60*L - KBS Tour

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Lamkin Crossline Cord Midsize | ProV1

Been rotating between the TP5x, Srixon Z-Star XV and the Vice Pro+. Don't know if anyone stands out also still want to try the Bridgestone Tour B X and the Snell MTB-X before I settle on a ball or two.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

You definitely need to try the Bridgestone Tour B X. It's my new gamer now coming from TP5 X. Very similar performance, but IMO better durability, and the TP5 is no slouch in that department.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Titleist TS2 22* Hyb w/ DG X100

Cleveland Launcher HB 5-PW w/ DG X100

Titleist SM6 48*K w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM6 52*F w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM6 58*K w/ DG TI X100

Scotty Cameron 2015 GoLo 3

I'll probably give them a try soon, I haven't bought balls in a while so wouldn't hurt too much to buy a box despite me not paying retail often for balls.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more.