Cameron Champ Covid 19

Do we know how Watney and Champ got it ? Were they "contact traced" ?

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own a healthcare company and people need to understand that the virus is still present and wearing a mask in public is the single best prevention tool not only for yourself but for others if you can

Put it this way.   If people can go to Walmart   These guys decide if they want to play.

We can't cancel life because someone got the flu. Test - trace - isolate. Rinse and repeat.   If people think they are high risk for complications they should stay home. But that doesn't mean that eve

It's a funny one because it seems to come under politics, only in America is it political. In Ireland, everyone is on the same page, it's too important not to be. In America it seems if one side said not to jump off a cliff, the other would start launching themselves off cliffs. This is harmless enough for most culture issues, but not in a serious pandemic.

• Like 2

It’s an actual epidemiological tool. And they can do it thru smart phones, if they wanted to.

Remember we had plans in place to make any pandemic’s impact negligible. They were not followed. In fact our own citizens have been against the very plan the citizens paid for with tax money.

If a plane makes a water landing and a number of passengers block the exits. Guess what? A lot of people die. Follow a plan.

Stop disrupting the plan!

read the fema plan on pandemics, written during george h.w. Bush era I think.

not about politics , just about saving lives.

Graeme McDowell’s caddie - Ken Comboy is another added to the tested positive list which has resulted in McDowell withdrawing from this week as well.

I can’t make my mind up as to what makes sense. The initial reaction in shutting everything down in March made sense. Would doing the same now make sense? I am not sure that it would but I am looking at it from a I want to watch golf point of view, I think that golf follows the example of the Premier League. It seems, at the moment, that with all the testing they are doing there that they are able to identify those with the virus quickly enough and then get them into isolation. Since they have been working towards getting the season up and running again and indeed since it has restarted, players from Arsenal, Norwich and Bournemouth off the top of my head have tested positive for Covid. They have gotten them out of there and there doesn’t seem to be a widespread outbreak at any of their clubs. To my mind that shows that what they are doing is working. At this moment in time you are never going to fully remove the risk just minimise it and it seems that the Tour has done their part in achieving that. Three guys out of the entire travelling circus picking it up is not bad. It wouldn’t surprise me if we have a similar thread over the rest of the year where someone picks something up.

The players and caddies themselves though need to take more responsibility. Yeah it’s rubbish, yeah it feels weird not acknowledging that a round is finished etc, etc but do it. It might not do anything to stop the spread but it is not going to make it any worse so do what you are asked, it is not difficult for them.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I could see it becoming an issue if a player/caddie tests positive and then their contact tracing shows them to be the likely source of infection of another player/caddie/tour support person.

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
W/S C300 Forged 5-P  KBS Tour 105/S
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60  DGS300
TM Patina Juno

And here is the post that will get this one locked down!

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Still going for the flu line, wasn't that a March thing? It's more pneumonia than flu and it's pretty serious. If you test positive, you might asymptomatic but you spread to people that aren't. Hence 2.3m cases in America. What other serious viruses have had 2.3m cases in 3 months? Highly contagious, you can't compare it to anything else. If you continue on with life 100% the way it was, all staff will end up sick. In the PGA Tour's case, if you bring fans to the course in states with thousands of new cases a day, expect half the tour to be out sick. They might not die, but guess what, it's not too nice to be down with a pneumonia type illness either.

• Like 3

If they continue to do testing I think they can keep things going but players will continue to get Covid as they have a life off the course. Unfortunately most players live in southern states like Florida where the governor refuses to require people to wear masks and are now having record setting spikes in positive cases. Texas is where Champ lives and it's having huge spikes due to the same reason. If I have to wear a mask to keep our economy running i'm fine with that.

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

I'm in the same position and agree. It blows my mind every time i speak to someone who refutes the facts around masks. As for the tour I think they really need to talk to players about the fist bumps and other stuff that they are getting lax on already. I want golf to stay open and on tv so whatever they need to do I hope they do it.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

Tiger got enough cash and trophies to stay away from these clowns ; )

As far as the players. With their resources, They can control their exposure to others if they want. And they need to tell their caddies to be serious as well.

And if they do, you’ll see very few cases and they can play this year.

Not to single out Champ but he’s a young guy and we know how bulletproof we feel at that age. He even said he feels great so hope he understands that the whole point of taking precautions is you can be totally asymptomatic and spread it to the more vulnerable.

• Like 1

Chicken Pox has more aggressive symptoms and is as contagious. 30 years ago parents intentionally got their kids infected to get it over with.

It's on par with SARS. It will fade away the same as SARS.

Regarding golf, I think this played out exactly the way they wanted a positive test case to play out. The test worked and he was isolated.

By my most recent count, almost every airline isn’t doing temperature screening, and while they “requiring” masks, that’s hardly what is happening in the skies right now. Most airlines are still selling all of their seats as well, with only Delta, Alaska, JetBlue and Hawaiian with the strictest rules on not selling middle seats.

2.3M cases is a lot, no doubt. But trying to compare it to other viruses (by number of cases) is not possible. People don't get tested for rhinovirus infections, ie, the common cold. If immune compromised people get a cold it can turn into pneumonia, which is very serious. And, there are countless flu cases that never get diagnosed--or the sufferers tested.

What seems simple to some of us may seem extreme to others. Me? I refuse to live in fear. I take precautions, like hand washing. And, I wear a mask if stores require it or if those around me feel better if I do. But, hand washing is probably far more effective than masks, in my opinion. Masks don't fit. People adjust them with their hands--right after the just stuffed their dirty phone in their pocket. And, the size of corona virus is much smaller than the microns in the masks, cloth face coverings, etc. which makes me question if the masks do any good at all...I really don't know.

My observations, there are more people wearing masks in Texas than I've seen since this started...and we have seen spikes in cases here. If masks work, why the spikes?

• Like 1

Ping G15 9* 
Ping G30 14.5
Ping G20 17-Degree
Ping K15 3, 4 Hybrids

Ping Rapture VS-Jspec 5 Iron
Ping S59 6-W
Ping Tour Rustique 52
Taylormade Hi-Toe 58
Ping Anser 4 BeCu

Right. 97%+ recovery rate, even higher if healthy and under 45. If over and with health conditions then take the precautions to avoid contact and talk to the doctor.

The virus has disappeared in Italy, UK is struggling with vacccine testing because they are running out of patients as it disappear there

UFC had been fights weekly, soccer has been going on for a few weeks now and rugby started in Australia.

4.5 million people around the world recovered