Anyone heard of these Colleges?

Hey, I from Canada so I don't know much about these schools but I was hoping maybe somebody on here could help me out and let me know what kind of school it is and also the competitiveness of the golf team there.

Southern Wesleyan University- NAIA

Milligan College - NAIA

Northwood University

U. of Tulsa

Thanks,

any info helps and is appreciated

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of Milikin but other than knowing the name dont know too much about the school. U. Tulsa is a pretty good school i think. but they have a very good and competitive DI golf program.

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

If you have a resume which also provides information to which tours you've played you will be fine. I always provided length, par, as well as slope and rating on my tournament resume. Just judging by your username i would say your from Canada. In that case you should be playing the CJGA as well as the canadian Jr and Am as well as trying to qualify for the US Jr. and Am. The coach at University of Washington has always liked taking Canadian players. Visit www.Collegegolf.com. it is PING's college guide, it provides all coaches information as well as a score converter. Give it a look.

Dan

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

I have also heard of Millikin, but not Milligan. Millikin is in Decatur Il. It is NCAA division III. I play a summer basketball tournament there. I look at their trophies and they only have 1 or 2 golf trophies, so even if that was what you were talking about, I wouldn't go there. NAII is not a bad choice if you are looking for a scholarship. NAII gives alot of money, so if you don't have alot of money to pay for college, and you can't make it into a NCAA Division 1 school, then I would look into a good NAII school.

just my two cents

Milligan is a small college near Johnson City, Tennessee. My brother played basketball for a rival college in the same conference as Milligan. Two junior members of my home club were at one time on the Milligan golf team (one still is). Both won individual conference championships two years apart and are both excellent players. Grayson Patton is a senior and he was conference champion as a freshman. Terrance Evans is the other and he was conference champ 2 years later and if memory serves they both placed very high as did the team in the NAIA National Tournament. Terrence transfered to Radford University this past year.

[url="http://www.milligan.edu/athletics/sportsnews/Spring07/Golf_AACRegionXII_Day2.htm"]http://www.milligan.edu/athletics/sportsne...ionXII_Day2.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.milligan.edu/athletics/sportsnews/Spring2005/Golf_AACRegionXII.htm"]http://www.milligan.edu/athletics/sportsne...ACRegionXII.htm[/url]

Northwood University in Midland, MI is NCAA DIV II and the coach is very liberal about who makes the team. We have about 18 guys on the team and it is very relaxed, but very competitive at times. It is nice to be able to practice for free at the 2 courses we have 2 minutes away from campus and free range balls in town at the PRO GOLF shop. Also, the discounted equipment is awesome. 37.50 for brand new Vokey Wedges. 350 for a set of Callaway Irons. Anything is about 40 to 60% off retail. Shoes, Apparel, you name it, you can get it.

I graduated from Milligan College and it is a great school. The golf team is above average for NAIA but I wouldn't call it a powerhouse. The school is definitely NOT golf crazy. Baseball is definitely top dog. (at least it was 15 years ago...)

Academically the school is tough by most standards. 12 hours of each of your first four semesters is required Humanities classes which is basically History, Science, Art, Lit., Religion, Philosophy from the ancient Greeks to the present. You graduate from there and you are ready for any graduate school in the country.

Good school, very conservative but not oppressive.

[quote name='Goose' post='822544' date='Dec 12 2007, 11:56 PM']If you have a resume which also provides information to which tours you've played you will be fine. I always provided length, par, as well as slope and rating on my tournament resume. Just judging by your username i would say your from Canada. In that case you should be playing the CJGA as well as the canadian Jr and Am as well as trying to qualify for the US Jr. and Am. The coach at University of Washington has always liked taking Canadian players. Visit www.Collegegolf.com. it is PING's college guide, it provides all coaches information as well as a score converter. Give it a look.

Dan[/quote]

I know a couple of the players (cdns) at UW, these are amazing players from southwest BC (so close to the school), and are absolutely amazing players who avged under par in some of the tours i played against them in.

At least in BC, you'll want your resume to be bigger MJT/CJGA events, RCGA events are all huge/great feilds, BCGA events (spring tours, amateur, jr amateur) and Canadian am/jr am. I found the last year or two, feilds are getting bigger/better in MJT than CJGA tourneys, but RCGA is still better than both.

Canadian golfer that is about the perfect description, if you check the CJGA website alot of the tournaments have like 10 kids.
And especially play your zone tourneys, my zone is some serious competition and alot of the time you have to fire under par to come top 3, unlike MJTs where 2-3 over will get you a win in 14-16

Pretty much, in BC, zone 3 and 4 are the most competitive, and usually where most of the best players come out of. Biggest MJTs usually have 4-5 players under par, zone tourneys usually have 1-2 per.

RCGA is the best jr tour in canada, ive found most americans think its the CJGA as they would believe it to be the closest thing to the AJGA, but the CJGA is probly the most failing tour. RCGA has the best feilds and deepest feilds, followed by zone events.