Best Budget Slope Rangefinder WoSports vs MG Golf

So I am a 10HC and have gravitated towards rangefinders vs GPS recently and loving it. I was given a hand me down MG Golf standard rangefinder that seems to work decent. A little tough to hit the flag and I usually click it a few times and may get a yard or two off on each click. Anyway, I am looking to try a slope rangefinder on a budget. I play <30 rounds a year and I see review after review of budget rangefinders within 2-3 yards of $300-$500 Bushnell's so I am not looking to spend a lot. Can anyone comment on these two rangefinders? The WoSports has many reviews and most seem positive. The MG Golf is a little more difficult to get a review but I am interested as the standard version I have is ok and I know the slope one has a vibrating lock feature which will benefit my shaky hands and multiple yardage readings. Not sure if I like the screen on the side of the MG golf but not a deal breaker. Looking for something easy to use, easy to lock onto the pin or object you are shooting and with good battery life. Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread linked below gives my full WoSports story/experience, but in summary: I did have to send one back (amazon free returns) that wasn't calculating slope correctly. After that I have been super happy with it. I can't imagine paying 2x for a "better" brand.https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1825870/wosports-rangefinder-deal

Having tried a 'budget' rangefinder, I think this is one example where you do get what you pay for. I know Bushnell (and other brands) cost more partially due to their advertisement costs, but they also deliver a superior product in my opinion. And if you're after a laser it's almost certainly due to its accuracy/precision characteristics, so it's an area I personally won't be frugal with again. All that said, I'm back in the GPS camp.

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Garmin Approach G10

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

• 3 weeks later...

I got the precision pro nx7 with slope..and will say I’m relatively disappointed. If you’re a Costco member the caddytek they have right now is cheaper and has a much more solid feel IMO

I think the gogogo rangefinder is excellent for the price. I have used it for about 10 rounds and I try to get a comparison reading from someone with a different rangefinder, usually a Bushnell. It's close to about a yard or under from 200yd and in. I like that it uses AAA batteries which I have a ton of and it locks on quick with vibration and scope. It's $90 on Amazon

I've been watching the cheap rangefinder section for a while. Was going for the Wosports but the Caddytek at Costco used to go on sale for $99 without jolt/vibration. Kept my eye on it, noticed in Canada people were getting the rangefinder with vibration/jolt, and saw some reviews here in the US that said they got it too. Well they finally updated their description and it now says vibration confirmation. So I put in an order, and will price adjust/return when it's $99 again :D

Can't beat Costco's return policy.