2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

July Dukes Club Specials At Pebble Beach

aloha b.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, doctorgriffo said:

It is unseasonably cold here right now - bring a jacket! Only in the upper 40s in the morning if you are teeing off early.

We teed off at 9 and it was cool but not unpleasant. Probably 50 degrees at that time.

From prior experience I knew to bring lots of layers, and I went from 4 at the start to 2 and then back up to 3 and later 4 (different ones than earlier) when it started raining around noon. I think I had 8 possible combinations of various layers: vest, light jacket, heavy jacket, thin sweater, thick sweater...not to mention cold gloves and rain gloves. You never know what you’re gonna get, and having one player driving a cart makes it much easier to bring it all.

Overall the rain was more of a problem than any chilly weather.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ayc25 said:

No update yet on April pricing, right?

None that I have heard. The email from them usually arrives a day or two before the end of the month. 

If I were to bet, I would guess they are trying to fill the hotels first so any special rates may be “this week only” style ones after they know the hotel occupancy rate.

Well, I guess that my post here spurred the PB team to send out an April note early...one just arrived that mentions only the Peter Hay (Tiger design) par 3 course which will reopen Friday April 16th.  Duke's members get 4 free rounds a year on it, apparently.  Normal rates are (gulp) $65.

A new restaurant on the Hay course will open in the fall.

It does not talk about any April specials for the other courses.  Maybe there's another note coming in a week...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pretzelbag said:

Well, I guess that my post here spurred the PB team to send out an April note early...one just arrived that mentions only the Peter Hay (Tiger design) par 3 course which will reopen Friday April 16th.  Duke's members get 4 free rounds a year on it, apparently.  Normal rates are (gulp) $65.

It does not talk about any April specials for the other courses.  Maybe there's another note coming in a week...

I got the same email this morning and $65 per round, WOW! I still have 8 free rounds from 2019 & 2020 since the course was shutdown starting with the US Open.

11 hours ago, pretzelbag said:

And the $65 only gets you 9 holes - it used to be $30 for the day (half price replay rate now). $40 for residents is still a lot, but it is only $5 YOC and free for under 12s. Be interesting to see if they let under 12a play without a paying adult. They put the PB academy membership up to $2k a year (from $1850) but it still includes unlimited play on Peter Hay. It will be interesting to see how much play it gets, and what time it gets most play - I’m guessing it will be packed in the afternoons, after folks finish playing other courses.

13 hours ago, doctorgriffo said:

And the $65 only gets you 9 holes - it used to be $30 for the day (half price replay rate now). $40 for residents is still a lot, but it is only $5 YOC and free for under 12s. Be interesting to see if they let under 12a play without a paying adult. They put the PB academy membership up to $2k a year (from $1850) but it still includes unlimited play on Peter Hay. It will be interesting to see how much play it gets, and what time it gets most play - I’m guessing it will be packed in the afternoons, after folks finish playing other courses.

It also used to be free for hotel guests. No more. I posted in another thread comparison to the Cradle in Pinehurst - $50 and replays are free. 

Good news for Duke's Members; a discount for Pebble goes through April 6th.  From their e-mail today:

Spring Kickoff Duke’s Club Member Offer March 30 - April 6

Start Spring with a round of golf at America's #1 Public Golf Course! For a limited time in late March and early April, Duke's Club Members will enjoy this exclusive discount at Pebble Beach Golf Links!

Pebble Beach Golf Links $475
Available March 30 - April 6. Represents a 17% Discount

I think this is consistent with the theory of PB management thinking, "Check the occupancy rate--if it's below X% then make the Duke's discount Y%".  I assume if the hotel were full through April 6th, then there'd be no Duke's discount at PB.

No word about Spyglass or Spanish Bay.

The folks at Pebble Beach are also offering NCGA members a rate of $495 for the same period through April 6th.

So in this case the Duke's rate saves you $20 per person.  Not as good as the SH or SB discounts, but it is Pebble after all.

And the weather from Mar 30-Apr 6 looks like mid 60s and sunny for at least a few days!  Maybe we should have a little WRXer meetup to celebrate anything worth celebrating.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:33 PM, pretzelbag said:

The folks at Pebble Beach are also offering NCGA members a rate of $495 for the same period through April 6th.

So in this case the Duke's rate saves you $20 per person.  Not as good as the SH or SB discounts, but it is Pebble after all.

And the weather from Mar 30-Apr 6 looks like mid 60s and sunny for at least a few days!  Maybe we should have a little WRXer meetup to celebrate anything worth celebrating.

Seems like you're pretty on-point with the "check occupancy and offer deals" theory. Weather does indeed look fantastic... Are greens punched right now at PB?

18 minutes ago, ayc25 said:

Are greens punched right now at PB?

Not sure. When I played SB last week I seem to remember hearing it was scheduled for the end of March. But don’t quote me on that...I could have misheard, or it may have applied only to SB. Only way to truly know is to call.

I can’t get there next week, sadly, as the weather is probably the best it will be for a while. I wonder how many days there are 65+ and sunny in March/April. One in ten?

1 hour ago, ayc25 said:

Seems like you're pretty on-point with the "check occupancy and offer deals" theory. Weather does indeed look fantastic... Are greens punched right now at PB?

Yes pebble punched march 24 and spyglass march 29 

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, ASN21 said:

$495 to play pebble after aerification? Easy pass. 

Spoke to the guys in the pro shop and they said 10 days is the minimum you should wait, given perfect weather, if you're expecting "normal" conditions. Pebble had discounted fees until the 29th and Spyglass discounting their fees until April 7. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

• 2 weeks later...

They still aren’t doing twilight times at Spanish and Spy and probably won’t for another month or two. They put these rates up last year to $80 and $105, and it starts pretty late (5pm in the spring/summer so it is a stretch to get in 18 unless the course is wide open in front of you).

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 7:20 AM, doctorgriffo said:

They still aren’t doing twilight times at Spanish and Spy and probably won’t for another month or two. They put these rates up last year to $80 and $105, and it starts pretty late (5pm in the spring/summer so it is a stretch to get in 18 unless the course is wide open in front of you).

I guess they might not be doing Duke's twilight times anymore at Spanish and Spy? Still haven't heard anything... Haven't heard about any Duke's or NCGA specials recently either.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips for locking in a tee time as a single? I’ve read a few people getting lucky with being nice to the other person on the phone and having your wallet ready, but unfortunately that didn’t work for me the both times I tried. 

I’ll be up there proposing to my lady and really am hoping to get a morning tee time to make the trip extra special. They told me they only have 1 spot left and I’m worried someone will get it before me when the phone lines open up at 7am the day before. 

6 minutes ago, EMA1 said:

Does anyone have any tips for locking in a tee time as a single? I’ve read a few people getting lucky with being nice to the other person on the phone and having your wallet ready, but unfortunately that didn’t work for me the both times I tried. 

I’ll be up there proposing to my lady and really am hoping to get a morning tee time to make the trip extra special. They told me they only have 1 spot left and I’m worried someone will get it before me when the phone lines open up at 7am the day before. 

If you have stayed there or played there before I would use that angle. It’s worked for me on more than 1 occasion 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EMA1 said:

When are you going to Pebble?

I too am a single looking to play pebble but more next week. I live in California and am NCGA member. I was unaware I couldn’t book as a single. I thought i would just drive down in the AM (live in Lodi, about 2 1/2 hour drive) book an afternoon round. And drive home after the round. I figured they would just pair you up with a 2 or threesome when I make the reservation, like any normal course. Guess not? 

Edited by Enzogorlami